FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Yes, that's it exactly.

Thanks Matt.

Oh and does somebody know how to change the color of the circle under the player (from the Trainer)?
I edited the texture from red to green but ingame it is still red. I imported and regenerated and all of that.

I've been working on new turfs (specifically assigned to some stadiums through Revolution Mod) + Reshade presets for FIFA 16.
Let me know what you think and whether or not it's worth of uploading them.

fifa16 2018-05-12 23-03-36.png fifa16 2018-05-12 23-03-59.png fifa16 2018-05-12 23-13-02.png fifa16 2018-05-12 23-16-45.png fifa16 2018-05-12 23-21-59.png fifa16 2018-05-12 23-10-30.png fifa16 2018-05-12 22-46-39.png fifa16 2018-05-12 22-00-23.png fifa16 2018-05-12 19-39-20.png fifa16 2018-05-12 21-47-46.png

I've been working on new turfs (specifically assigned to some stadiums through Revolution Mod) + Reshade presets for FIFA 16.
Let me know what you think and whether or not it's worth of uploading them.

Seems really promising!

I'll try them out for sure as soon as possible if you put it all up.

Been working on many many many more today. Like 10 hours of work. I'm very tired now.

Here are some of my favourite ones:

20-3.png 22-3.png 30-3.png 31-3.png 32-3.png

Still need to tweak some details here and there though.
I hope to finish everything and upload a big pack by the weekened.

It seems that there is a problem with the texture files. Check texture_day and texture_night. (I assume that you are waiting for the sound that the stadium is imported)

Sometimes it works fine and then if I play a rematch it doesn't. It behaves weird. I might be doing something wrong though.

Sometimes it works fine and then if I play a rematch it doesn't. It behaves weird. I might be doing something wrong though.
I think that's a general error with the stadium server. If you load another stadium and then again the Allianz Arena I'm pretty sure it works.

Since I will be stuck with this game it seems I went on and made some easy DIY modifications on my own, some people may find some of this useful.

1. Bigger stamina drain

No fancy editing, just specify the half length you'd like to play in cl.ini like this:
Code:
HALF_LENGTH = 12
AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH = 12

Then in game choose 10 minute halves. You can adjust both numbers of course. Those extra minutes will make the players run out of stamina much faster. It's kind of a must, since I'm also using accel: 48/48 like Matt posted above, which has the opposite effect.

2. Play with any ball you like

There are dozens of great balls included in the moddingway patch, but you can only play with the one assigned to a specific competition. Some will prefer this for authenticity, I prefer to inject some variety.

Locate the file FIFA 16\fifarna\lua\assets\ball.lua in your installation folder, delete it or better yet just rename it, and then regenerate with any program you have available. Now you will be able to play any match with any ball you select in the match menu.

If you have a program like Creation Master 16 handy you can also browse all the balls available and check the option "Visible in Game Menu" because there are plenty more but hidden (You need to use File->Save if you make changes).

3. Fifa18 style trainer

I find that the red indicator icon on top of the player I'm controlling is kinda hard to see sometimes in this game, and I also like the Fifa18 trainer circle/arrow when playing on semi/manual, so here's how to have it in fifa16 as well:

- You need some program to extract the file: data\screenhelp\training_hud_data.xml
- Open it in a plain text editor like notepad
- Find all occurrences of:
Code:
<level id="0"  name="auto">
    <action id ..... />
</level>
And remove all "action id" lines so it looks like this:
Code:
<level id="0"  name="auto">
</level>
- regenerate
- activate the trainer in game and choose the "auto" setting. You will see the trainer without any button prompts / help text

I also use a version with just the trainer arrow but not the white circle which I think looks better, but I will have to upload this somewhere if anyone's interested along with the training_hud_data.xml file as well.

4. Intro Movies if you're using File Server

You could have this video playing before all your bundesliga games for example:

I think I figured out the easiest method and it's as simple as "find the video you'd like on youtube, download it, and assign it", no messing around with video editing and encoding. The only tricky part is how to download it. I use youtube-dl-gui which is a windows frontend for youtube downloader.

This is how it works:
ydlg_ui.gif

The only important thing is to choose "webm" in the dropdown menu before clicking add, this is the format used in fifa16! The downloaded file will have a .webm extension, you have to rename it to bootflowoutro.vp8, and place it in it's own subdirectory (for example "bundesliga") in your MoviesGBD folder. That was it, it takes seconds, now can assign the video to a competition in the same way you can assign stadiums to teams (just don't forget that you have to enable the movies module in File Server).

Any idea why the game downgrades the movie quality so much? It looks great when playing both the original and the converted file on CG File Explorer but ingame it looks very low quality.

Last edited:
Any idea why the game downgrades the movie quality so much? It looks great when playing both the original and the converted file on CG File Explorer but ingame it looks very low quality.

It's not the format used, it just uses a very low bitrate. A 1080p video will require at least a 3000kb/s bitrate for decent quality, CGFE will convert it to 1000kb/s and it will be full of compression artifacts. I don't think there's any way to change that, and I don't know if this is a limit when playing back movies inside of fifa16.

With the method I posted, you will get the file straight from youtube, you won't have to re-encode it, and it will still be close to 1000kb/s BUT it will be at a lower resolution (not HD). However 1000kb/s will be perfectly fine for this resolution, it will be a bit BLURRY as it will be upscaled to whatever your monitor/tv supports but there won't be any other bad looking artifacts. It's not ideal so you will have to choose the lesser evil and what you think is best. If there's another way to use high quality HD movies for this I don't know.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks manmachine! Got it!

Does anyone have a good bootpack with all the latest boots and assignments?
FIFA community sucks at this. I mean they do make new boots, new adboards, new faces, everything but they are so lazy to release it properly. You have to do everything manually step by step. I don't really have time to assign 30 new boots to 100+ players!

Anyone, do you have any idea why when I switch my game in full screen mode I experience an important resolution drop (colors are lifeless ect...)? The only alternative I have found is playing in window mode with a borderless app but for some reason it doesn't fully fit my tv screen. I mean I still have black vertical bars on the sides.

Edit: When I forced the black vertical bars to be removed I experienced severe tearing. Here is the very simple fix I ve found on internet:
Make a custom resolution in nvidia control panel with the same resolution, but make it 62hz.

My problem is solved!

Last edited:
¿Los de FIFA 18 también?

Yeah.
I'm uploading both packs as I type: GFX MOD FOR FIFA 16 and GFX MOD FOR FIFA 18.
I will probably create a new thread and post both tomorrow.

However, I will have to protect the links (using the hide tags) because I don't want members from the Soccergaming forums taking the links and re-posting to their sites or using them for their patches without even saying thanks, let alone giving the proper credits.

Last edited:
Some full manual online goals:

Most clips were taken about 3 months ago, some taken in the last few days as I went back for a few games.

God the dribbling is so good and responsive in this game, and the passes have zip on them unlike in 18. The no-touch dribbling is actually viable here too and you can use it lure defenders in then burst away. Wonderful game!

I do enjoy 16, but what kills it being a great game for me is the position of the defensive midfielder. The way that they just bomb forward makes it impossible to set up your team in any meaningful way. I want to play a holding midfielder and 90% of the time he'll be the furthest man forward. At the same time my striker will for some reason decide to play centre midfield meaning you can't put an attack together cause there is nobody to play off, so the opposition wins the ball and can break right onto my back line as my supposedly defensive midfielder has made his 15th lung bursting run into the box this half.

What makes it even worse it that it seems totally random, one game it won't happen, then all of a sudden he's fucked off. I can only manage to play the game for about a week until I can't take it anymore and give up, only to come back to it a few months later cause it's still the best of a poor recent selection.

Back
Top Bottom