FIFA 14 Ultimate Team

He made Team of the Week a couple of weeks ago, so got an IF (in-form) card. These cards increase the stats of the player and overall rating by 1. But they come at a price - a big one.

Say, a normal Juan Mata card can sell for around 60k coins. An IF Mata card will sell for well over 200k. The IF Aguero and Neymar cards are also selling for over 1m. IMO it's certainly not worth the price increase, but a lot of people prefer to have the IF players than the NIF.

The IF Guzan card is selling at the moment for around 12k.

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/12340/brad-guzan/

Price is guaranteed to rise, because an IF quick sell value is over 9.5k.

Also, my team has changed a little, swapped Fellaini and Carrick for Fernandinho and Paulinho who are so much better.

Price is guaranteed to rise, because an IF quick sell value is over 9.5k.

Also, my team has changed a little, swapped Fellaini and Carrick for Fernandinho and Paulinho who are so much better.

Van Persie's price has actually dropped since the IF. Can pick him up now for around 165k. He's getting good ratings but will stick with Suarez and Mata at CAM for the time being.

Van Persie's price has actually dropped since the IF. Can pick him up now for around 165k. He's getting good ratings but will stick with Suarez and Mata at CAM for the time being.

Prices have acted differently this year from the last few years I guess, his price spiked when he scored his hat-trick in anticipation of an IF and then spiked again when TOTW was announced, now so many people are trying to shift them so supply and demand level out again causing a price freeze or crash.

At least that's my observation of the market so far.

He made Team of the Week a couple of weeks ago, so got an IF (in-form) card. These cards increase the stats of the player and overall rating by 1. But they come at a price - a big one.

Say, a normal Juan Mata card can sell for around 60k coins. An IF Mata card will sell for well over 200k. The IF Aguero and Neymar cards are also selling for over 1m. IMO it's certainly not worth the price increase, but a lot of people prefer to have the IF players than the NIF.

The IF Guzan card is selling at the moment for around 12k.

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/12340/brad-guzan/

Ah cool, cheers! Is there any indicator a player is IF and can it happen to your players you have already?

Ah cool, cheers! Is there any indicator a player is IF and can it happen to your players you have already?

No mate. TOTW is announced every Wednesday and you may then be lucky enough to find one in a pack.

Other than that all you can do is scout the transfer market. The IF cards are all a distinct darker colour badge.

A few questions, just to be clear :DD

If you have Robin Van Persie on your team and then he gets into the team of the week thing, your Robin van Peries price doesn't increase? (Or his card changes?)

If you buy a in form team of the week player, does he stay in form forever? (Keep the same stats etc?)

Can you make good money by getting ok players and adding different cards to them? (Like Gladiator etc etc)

Are there any ways of increasing the price of players?

If I add a +10 shooting card for example, how long does that last on a player?

Cheers :-)

A few questions, just to be clear :DD

If you have Robin Van Persie on your team and then he gets into the team of the week thing, your Robin van Peries price doesn't increase? (Or his card changes?)

Nope. His price may increase on the transfer market because he's obviously had a good week, but the IF card will be worth 5x as much usually.

If you buy a in form team of the week player, does he stay in form forever? (Keep the same stats etc?)

Yes.

Can you make good money by getting ok players and adding different cards to them? (Like Gladiator etc etc)

Yeah, because most chemistry cards are 2k+, so people will look to see if they can get a player with a particular chemisty card enhancement rather than a basic player and having to add the card themselves.

Are there any ways of increasing the price of players?

Other than adding the chemistry cards, not really.

If I add a +10 shooting card for example, how long does that last on a player?

1 game.

Cheers :-)

:COOL:

How does two high attacking work rates on your CB's work out? I have Ramos and am thinking about adding Pique but I don't know..

I've only just created that team this morning mate so haven't had a chance to try it out. The High work rates are the downside of those two which is why I've also got Puyol, Pepe and Varane as reserves. You can pick up Pique for around 7k which is decent. I couldn't believe Marcelo is circa £10k either.

How can you tell an IF player?

My mate signed someone with a silver stripe behind their rating - is this an IF player?

How can you tell an IF player?

My mate signed someone with a silver stripe behind their rating - is this an IF player?

They have a dark colour to them if you look at their teams above the dark cards are the IF ones.

Also I am trying to buy packs with my coins and I never get any good players :CRY: I want to build up my coins and get a few half decent ones, but I never get them!

I just need one player or an IF player to give me a bit of a boost, but I never get them :((

I will keep trying, although I am pretty happy with my Italian team I am building up.

They have a dark colour to them if you look at their teams above the dark cards are the IF ones.

Also I am trying to buy packs with my coins and I never get any good players :CRY: I want to build up my coins and get a few half decent ones, but I never get them!

I just need one player or an IF player to give me a bit of a boost, but I never get them :((

I will keep trying, although I am pretty happy with my Italian team I am building up.

Thanks - so whats the silver stripe then? That mean they've had training applied to them?

Yes I think so, but I'm not sure.

You are right :)

Silver/Bronze/Gold strips mean they've had a training card applied, the effects of which can be seen by a '^' next to the stats on the card IIRC.

In Forms are identified by a black card, with Gold/Silver/Bronze writing.

I bought Chellini and pirlo today on the app, then I sent them to my club as they didn't have an option to place in the team. I am now home and want to add them to my squad but it doesn't have the option to do so?

Help! :DD

Edit: I found out, for those that don't know you go to a player in your current squad then choose swap player.

Just started playing this again due to the fact i saw that your team carries over to the next gen version after giving it a miss for a couple of years.

I bought £10 worth of points to get me the 5 bonus packs they do and got Cavani and Pique so that's not a bad start :)

Gonna have to start scouring the market for some bargains now

Last edited:
I've had the chance to play this over the weekend as a housemate was away and I borrowed his FIFA... Thought I'd give UT a go having never played it really in previous FIFAs, and in only a few days of casual play, I have an all gold Serie A side with gold backup/variation in every position....

I have pretty much all of the players I want, and only really have players like Chiellini, Di Natale, Balotelli, Pirlo and Buffon that I can't afford.

The squad is;

GK: Marchetti, Consigli
LB: Constant, De Sciglio, Morleo
CB: Gamberini, Benatia, Caceres, Ogbonna, Juan Jesus
RB: Konko, De Sciglio
CDM/CM/CAM: Vidal, Guarin, Pogba, Nainggolan, Behrami
LM: Zuniga, Lulic, Totti
RM: Pepe, Biabiany
ST/CF: Gomez, Klose, Vucinic, Ibarbo, Del Piero

Already being able to assemble an entire squad of gold players within 3 days is not really the progression/team building experience I expected, disappointing game mode to be honest.

And wow, crossing/heading is so overpowered in this game - such a large proportion of the goals scored both for and against me are headers from crosses/corners... Even if the striker is completely marked by a competent defender, somehow they will be scripted to get on the end of the cross if they are tall enough and/or have high jumping/stength stats...

Also, all the pay to win bullshit is just trampy in a competitive online game that costs £40 to begin with... The "in-form" players are ridiculously overpowered.

Last edited by a moderator:
All you can do though really is put players in from the same league or nation though due to the pointless/badly implemented chemistry thing, which limits you to simply EPL/La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga dream teams or just copying international sides. It is possible to make hybrid teams, but that requires you to keep formations to plan the links... So trying to change formation during a match fucks up the chemistry entirely.

Also, players only having one position assigned to the card... That's a load of bollocks. What about versatile squad players who fill in at multiple positions? Wingers who can play both flanks?...

And yeah, you're right about a "really good gold team", but really that's going to need you to spend loads of money on packs/coins. People like this sadcase flood the market with coins, making the elite players out of reach of people who don't keep buying shit:

YouTube - IN FORM PACK OPENING - PACKED OUT EP. 5 - FIFA 14 ULTIMATE TEAM - Ibrahimovic, Hazard, Ozil

Look at that reaction at about 2:40 just because he got an in-form player... :LOL:

Look at the price some people will pay for coins as well:
http://www.futcoinemporium.com/collections/xbox-360-coins
Well over £100 for 1 million coins... People will have bought this too, or at least paid the equivalent money in pack/season ticket purchases. What the fuck.

There's people who have more money than sense (or kids whose parents use FIFA as their babysitter and buy packs to shut them up) who can just pretty much pay to win - yesterday I played someone who had 3 inform players (van Persie, Baines, Aguero) as well as all of the other best EPL players when I'm in division 7...

I think you're playing Ultimate team wrong.

Its not like a career mode or anything you just stick to a formation and team and play people.

For the most part the game is just about building a great team in which ever way you wish and opening packs for a little excitement hoping you get Messi :LOL:

Yeah exactly, I think you expected too much from it. For me it's another option to play the game differently and it is quite fun, it's not that deep, but fun nonetheless if you take it for what it is.

I quite like the fact that the top top players are so expensive it makes me buy other players that I wouldn't have bought before and play with them and find some nice suprises here and there.

I'm not playing it wrong, I know that's how it is and I've built a team according to how it works...

I just think there's things that could be much, much better, for example;

Tougher/longer progression - for me, football games usually last a few months, sometimes up until the following release, so it would be great to feel like you're working your way up from the lower leagues by having to use poorer players for longer. Maybe a quota being put on the number of gold players on the pitch, with more and more golds being allowed after each promotion?

Tag players who have made purchases of packs, and give non-paying players the choice to remove them from their matchmaking - I don't want to be coming up against these people, it's unfair.

Allow us to search for manual only games, this option is in H2H Seasons so why not UT?

Improve/remove the chemistry system, and give players multiple positions (like PES/FM does).

Improve/remove the contracts - as it is it's just a pointless chore... Contract runs out, search contract cards, buy contract cards, apply contract cards... It's just a waste of time that serves no purpose. May as well just be on the action menu (square/X) on the squad selection screen instead of using cards.

There is a lot of room for improvement yeah and its a good idea regarding promotion and stuff but i don't think it would be half as successful that way, like bobby kinda said its a shallow game that's fun :LOL:.

The match-ups can be unfair but its a good challenge and good motivation thinking "I'll show ya how to play football with my shit team" so it's puts a smile on your face when you beat them. When you get mullered on the other hand it make you wanna smash your console :LOL:

You can make it last as well. Just buy/sell players and win tournaments to get coins to build a good team, that will take a while.

I've just bought a new starting 11 premierleague team for around 8000 coins (all the money I have left)

This is what I like about Ultimate team, now I will build up my team gradually, playing with different players that I wouldn't normally use and making the squad better.

So I will create a new squad with them :DD

I have my main Italian squad which I like, I will post them both up later.

Back
Top Bottom