FIFA 14 Ultimate Team

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Where has UT been all my life!? LOL

Loving it and the wealth of modes just in this part of the game alone is crazy.

Great being able to use the web (and iPhone) to log in and manage your team and do transfers etc. Assume this has been available in previous FIFAs?

Anyways, my starting pack included a core of French players, so I've decided to build around that to get my chemistry up. Have added to the rubbish bronze players and now have Distin, N'Zonzi, Marveaux and Gignac and Gomis up front.

Playing the offline league at the mo, with the occassional friendly against my mates online. Might venture into an online league too, assuming they keep the sides on a fairly equal footing (i.e. I'm not going to take my rubbish french revolution online against a team of Messi's and Ronaldo's in League level 10?)

Anyways, I'm addicted!

Yeah I quite liked it in Fifa 13, its a nice side thing to do. I play offline though.

I built a nice Brazilian team with all of the second string Brazilians, it was great.

Can you play full manual online with it now? in 13 you couldn't so I stayed away from online.

I will definitely play UT this year aswell.

Yeah I quite liked it in Fifa 13, its a nice side thing to do. I play offline though.

I built a nice Brazilian team with all of the second string Brazilians, it was great.

Can you play full manual online with it now? in 13 you couldn't so I stayed away from online.

I will definitely play UT this year aswell.

Ooo not tried in the leagues, but I play manual against my mates UT side?

Yeah in the leagues there wasn't a manual or even semi manual option in Fifa 13.

I didn't have friends that played UT :((

Good to see UT is alive early this year! I'm a big time fan, currently using Portuguese League teams, which have provided me with the greatest value for money of anywhere! Will post my two lineups if anyone is interested, Jackson Martinez is a must buy starter player, 42 goals in 39 games all online!

Futhead is an incredibly useful site for comparing prices and building hypothetical squads btw guys.

Edit: just played a user with the name: ultrAslan1984, for the life of me I could swear there's a user on here with that PSN or I'm I imagining things! He had an insane Bundesliga squad anyway..

Last edited:
I've got a bit of hybrid team at the moment. Got Eto'o in one of my first packs so I've just been buying and selling mainly to get a decent team together. I bought some great players in the first week or Early Access as very few were bumping prices up.

Team at the moment (playing 4-2-3-1(2):

---------------------- Valdes

Zabaletta --- Mascherano -- Pepe --- Jordi Alba

------------- Sandro ------- Busquets

Lamela -------------- Isco -------------- Villa

-------------------- Soldado

Subs: A.Cole, Song, Khedira, Alonso, El Shaarawy, Sanchez, Pedro

It's a decent side, but like I say most of the players were quite cheap so I just wanted to get a good chemistry together. I'll eventually replace pretty much everyone here, starting from the back. Playing offline is good fun, won 3 tournaments thus far, but they were on Semi-Pro and Pro.

Made a second team now with the money I had in my kitty, playing a 4-1-2-1-2 formation:

------------------- Lloris

Zabaletta --- Kompany -- Vertonghen --- Rose

------------------- Sandro

Walcott ----------------------------- Assaidi

------------------- Oscar

---------- Soldado -------- Sturridge

Made a second team now with the money I had in my kitty, playing a 4-1-2-1-2 formation:

------------------- Lloris

Zabaletta --- Kompany -- Vertonghen --- Rose

------------------- Sandro

Walcott ----------------------------- Assaidi

------------------- Oscar

---------- Soldado -------- Sturridge

Nice team, Sturridge has become a bit of a pain in my ass! I've only stopped him scoring once!

My teams are as follows:

------------------ Rio Patricio
Danilo------Mangala------Garay---------Sandro
------------------Matic
Salvio------------------------------------Gaitan
------------------Gonzalez
-------------Martinez-----Lima

And

------------------Helton
Silvio---------Reyes----Maicon---------Siqiuera
----------Perez-----------------Fernando
------------------Quintero
-----Carrillo------Rodrigo-----Diego Capel

Currently 6 points away from winning Division 5!

Those two teams I had above, I'm selling them and starting a German/Bundesliga hybrid.

There's some bloody good players to be picked up and some very cheap too.

Possibly switching to a 4-2-3-1 formation as well. Shame as I got Gotze in a pack yesterday and then sold him for 60k.

------------------- Adler

Piszczek --- Hummels --- Dante --- Schmelzer

---- Gundogan --- Mkhitaryan --- Kroos

Blaszczykowski --- Lewandowski --- Reus

Subs: Weidenfeller, Boateng, Shaqiri, Elia, van der Vaart, Aubameyang, Movsisyan

Got 39k left in the kitty. Tried for Lahm but decided on Piszczek in the end as he has better stats. Also wanted Alaba at LB and may still go for him but he's around 40k. Also Gotze CAM, again, need more cash.

------------------- Adler

Piszczek --- Hummels --- Dante --- Schmelzer

---- Gundogan --- Mkhitaryan --- Kroos

Blaszczykowski --- Lewandowski --- Reus

Subs: Weidenfeller, Boateng, Shaqiri, Elia, van der Vaart, Aubameyang, Movsisyan

Got 39k left in the kitty. Tried for Lahm but decided on Piszczek in the end as he has better stats. Also wanted Alaba at LB and may still go for him but he's around 40k. Also Gotze CAM, again, need more cash.

Won an offline season league last night with this side, but it felt a bit boring and strict, with no real flair. So I then sold the entire lineup and today I'm building an Italy/Serie A/France hybrid!

I've now spent my entire 340k budget. Still, I know I'll get it back if needbe.

------------------- Buffon

Abate ----- Chiellini -- Barzagli ----- Criscito

------------- Vidal -------- Pirlo

Cuadrado --------- Di Natale ---------- El Shaarawy

-------------------- Falcao

Subs: Marchetti, Konko, Cerci, Ronaldinho, Lavezzi, Tevez, Higuain

Totti, Niang, Gomez, Di Sciglio, Giovinco

They are in the same section as player contracts. Just have to look for the different image (guy in suit).

I can't find any I went through 12 pages of contracts and they were all players :(( they should really seperate them.

How the hell do you make 320k?! even if I get a decent gold player I look at what else they are going for and it is a couple of thousand.

I can't find any I went through 12 pages of contracts and they were all players :(( they should really seperate them.

How the hell do you make 320k?! even if I get a decent gold player I look at what else they are going for and it is a couple of thousand.

I've got some decent players in packs and sold them (for example, I got Aubameyang in a pack and then an IF Aubemeyang in the next pack. That's a lot of coins.

Now I know when I assemble a team I can just sell it on again and make my money back.

The squad builder on http://www.futhead.com/ is brilliant for creating a squad and seeing how the chemistry works etc.

I also used it when I was making my Bundesliga team by simply using the search fields, like so:

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/all/all/all/9/all/all/all/all/all/rating/table/

Then the same for the Serie A team (just choosing the Italian league instead of the German league).

That search function is a God send and there's usually a lot of comments under the player cards too.

Currently making a Portuguese league team. I've got Martinez and Eder up top with Quintero behind them as CAM. Cost me only 4k coins max for those 3.

For your main team, have you considered using Rodriguez at RW? Falcao and him would end up with 9 chem I believe.

Yeah I didn't have enough coins left mate. Plus I'm not sure if the chemistry would be affected as Rodriguez plays in France so wouldn't have the same Serie A link as Cuadrado has with the other players.

EDIT: After suggesting him in the squad builder the team chemitry remains at 100, which is nice. Abate moves from 10 to a 9, but the others remain the same and Falcao goes from a 6 to a 9.

Cheers. Need some coins now!

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't have enough coins left mate. Plus I'm not sure if the chemistry would be affected as Rodriguez plays in France so wouldn't have the same Serie A link as Cuadrado has with the other players.

Ah, fair dues his price did shoot up once he got his.

As for Chem as long as they have 9 chem they'll play well with anyone in my experience, it's only if their Chem is below this when they begin to play well.

I'm still looking to build a team if I'm honest I have about 190k sitting in my club so far, debating whether to buid a 343 Ligue 1 team or grab the IF Garay for my SL Benfica team and carry on saving up.

EDIT: Just seen your edit, their Chem will be 9 because of a 'Perfect Link' something I've literally only just noticed myself after putting some Newcastle players together, it's for when they're Same Club and Nationality and linked, makes Hybrid squads easier!

Last edited:
I've edited my post mate. I've just bought Rodriguez as he was only 2.6k! I thought he was far more than that. He was the other day. He has an IF card too which I'd have liked but it's around 60k.

Put him in the lineup and everyone is on 10 except Falcao, Rodriguez and Vidal who are on 9.

Happy with that. Thanks.

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=jPzMyAVxbgVK:360

When you select "Status" on that link, a lot of them show as a 9, but in my actual game and on the App they are a 10. Odd.

Last edited:
I've edited my post mate. I've just bought Rodriguez as he was only 2.6k! I thought he was far more than that. He was the other day. He has an IF card too which I'd have liked but it's around 60k.

Put him in the lineup and everyone is on 10 except Falcao, Rodriguez and Vidal who are on 9.

Happy with that. Thanks.

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=jPzMyAVxbgVK:360

When you select "Status" on that link, a lot of them show as a 9, but in my actual game and on the App they are a 10. Odd.

That might be because of Loyalty, Have your players played more than 10 games for you?

That might be because of Loyalty, Have your players played more than 10 games for you?

Not even close mate. I've more or less just created it.

Really wanted Lavezzi on the LW instead of El Shaarawy but it screws the chemistry up unless I put Tevez/Higuain etc. in too. Still don't get a decent balance. So they can stay on the bench unless I decide to sell Lavezzi and make around 40k.

Not even close mate. I've more or less just created it.

Really wanted Lavezzi on the LW instead of El Shaarawy but it screws the chemistry up unless I put Tevez/Higuain etc. in too. Still don't get a decent balance. So they can stay on the bench unless I decide to sell Lavezzi and make around 40k.

Fair dues, that's an odd one then! There is a squad I made that allows Lavezzi to come into the team but it would mean ditching Vidal for Thiago Motta, and it also seems massively over budget.

Fair dues, that's an odd one then! There is a squad I made that allows Lavezzi to come into the team but it would mean ditching Vidal for Thiago Motta, and it also seems massively over budget.

I think I'm going to sell Lavezzi because I just can't get him in the team without making huge changes. The chemistry suffers across the top 3 and full backs as soon as I make changes to accommodate Lavezzi. Shame as he's really good. Still, 40k...

Back
Top Bottom