FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Nice to hear your impressions mfmaxpower.

------

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the CURRENT x360 controllers on Xbox one?

I tried the Xbox One controller in a store playing a different game and didn't like it as much. The L1 and R1 shoulder buttons (not the triggers) seemed 'hard' and not as comfortable to use.

I'm a BIG fan of the x360 controller and that's probably why I went for that instead of PS3. But I was a bit disappointed with the Xbox One controller. Maybe I need to get used to it....

Best impressions for me so far and ı think he is one of the best youtubers out there..

YouTube - [TTB] FIFA 14 PS4 Next Gen - Gameplay and Initial Impressions

Thanks for posting this.

You're right. One of the better videos and guys out there.

Damn. :/

I'm sure it's 'improved' for most people but yeah I played for an hour and didn't like the pad as much. Shame too because I LOVED the x360 pad and thought it was perfect! Not sure why they felt the need to change anything

I'll try the PS4 controller and see if I like that any better.

I also mentinoed Error.. but yet, u could argue its a glitch because of the reason behind this error, the broadcast/tv camera cant be in the the oposite side of the where the players come out to the pitch, u can test yourself, check La bombonera, its the only stadium that the broadcast camera faces the benches, notice in the begining of the match, the players come out from the fences of the stadium, really weird.

And thats the reason why Goodison, WHL and Wembley all have their cameras inverted, EA needs to have them at the same side of the pitch as the entrance tunnels.(i know this because of the modders that made Goodison for FIFA13, plp started asking them to fix the camera position but they couldnt because of this, if they switched the camera side the players would start the match coming out fom the stands/crowd.)

That just shows how lazy EA is, they add new stadiums but cant bother having them accuratly represented, for an Everton fan its really frustrating to finnally have Goodison in the game but yet have Gwladys and Park end inverted in the gameplay camera, not o mention that we cant see the manager/bench/main stand in the upper part of the screen like in real life.... its like we get Goodison Park but not quite fully.
comparatively,they have made a huge improvement when you compare those with fifa13.however, it is still not a work done as well as pes on stadium working.And i really hate the supporters' banners made by ea .how plain!every team is the same which got a badge and the name of the team on the cloth....

Damn. :/

I'm sure it's 'improved' for most people but yeah I played for an hour and didn't like the pad as much. Shame too because I LOVED the x360 pad and thought it was perfect! Not sure why they felt the need to change anything

I'll try the PS4 controller and see if I like that any better.

Err think we all know the answer to that one.

save-money.jpg

Got my Xbox One yesterday(some store down here in my city broke the Launch date), been playing FIFA the hole night, for me its a big big PORT, its like the CG fifa but with 1080 gfx, a bit smoother animations and the new, very nice, atmosphere(crowds, etc)...

All in all its all i expected for, really liking it.

Loving the new dashboard and the new controller.

Ps: Before anyones PM me, NO, the store is not selling anymore, i guess Microsfot went after them.

Good to hear you got the game and are enjoying it Bruno. :)

You don't think the controller is different from x360 one and somehow not as good? Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Good to hear you got the game and are enjoying it Bruno. :)

You don't think the controller is different from x360 one and somehow not as good? Maybe I just need to get used to it.

I quite like at the moment, the only little problem i have so far is with the Left bumper, i keep pressing it in a position where the button doesnt "clic" anymore.. but i think ill get used to it.

What the hell is up with the crowd in this video? There's a golden goal at the end of the game, Spurs vs Arse*al, Arse*al score, and you can see plenty of Spurs-fans standing up clapping and cheering. Looks properly stupid. :p

YouTube - FIFA 14 (PS4): Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal

Blatantly sneaky Arsenal fans wearing Spurs shirts to get a ticket :RANT:

Hi does anybody know if it is possible to play online friendly with extra time and penalties?

I was playing my brother today online in a competition that we play with all the teams(we have actually continued it from PES5). It was 0-0 and we were looking forward to extra time but the game just finished.

Thanks

for those of you with NG so far, what unit of measurement are heights in? Assuming Imperial for Max and Metric for Brunno?

Imperial here, i play the game in English ;)

Absolutly hate the portuguese comentator and also the text translation.

Also to mention, Everton shirt doesnt have the "CHANG" brand in the portuguese version ahahhaa

Imperial here, i play the game in English ;)

Absolutly hate the portuguese comentator and also the text translation.

Also to mention, Everton shirt doesnt have the "CHANG" brand in the portuguese version ahahhaa

Any Goodison screenshots at all? ;)

for those of you with NG so far, what unit of measurement are heights in? Assuming Imperial for Max and Metric for Brunno?

Imperial (thank god).

Got my Xbox One yesterday(some store down here in my city broke the Launch date), been playing FIFA the hole night, for me its a big big PORT, its like the CG fifa but with 1080 gfx, a bit smoother animations and the new, very nice, atmosphere(crowds, etc)...

All in all its all i expected for, really liking it.

Loving the new dashboard and the new controller.

Ps: Before anyones PM me, NO, the store is not selling anymore, i guess Microsfot went after them.

It's not a port. I honestly don't know how you could call it that. Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, those games are ports. They're essentially the same exact game but with improved visuals.

FIFA's got loads of new animations. New AI. New ball physics. Momentum is improved. Protect the ball is improved. Pace has been slightly rebalanced.

It's not revolutionary, nor even a massive leap, but it's certainly not a port either.

Imperial (thank god).

It's not a port. I honestly don't know how you could call it that. Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, those games are ports. They're essentially the same exact game but with improved visuals.

FIFA's got loads of new animations. New AI. New ball physics. Momentum is improved. Protect the ball is improved. Pace has been slightly rebalanced.

It's not revolutionary, nor even a massive leap, but it's certainly not a port either.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree... for me its just a more polished version of the CG on 1080p and new presentation, definatly the same enging under the hood, same feeling when playing and specially scoring... All those things u say i do agree are better, but very very slightly, like a big patch to make the game smoother.

Im a huge fifa fan, love the game, but in the end i think im a bit disapointed as i expected more WOW factor on the game, maybe its because im too used to play FIFA PC on 1080p... dunno but still, i really like the game, but im not that impressed with next gen of FIFA so far, evan though enjoying the game very much, i wouldnt recommend it for the non hardcore fan who already has the CG version.

Getting NBA2k14 tonight, lets see if it impresses me.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree... for me its just a more polished version of the CG on 1080p and new presentation, definatly the same enging under the hood, same feeling when playing and specially scoring... All those things u say i do agree are better, but very very slightly, like a big patch to make the game smoother.

Im a huge fifa fan, love the game, but in the end i think im a bit disapointed as i expected more WOW factor on the game, maybe its because im too used to play FIFA PC on 1080p... dunno but still, i really like the game, but im not that impressed with next gen of FIFA so far, evan though enjoying the game very much, i wouldnt recommend it for the non hardcore fan who already has the CG version.

Getting NBA2k14 tonight, lets see if it impresses me.

I'll agree to disagree about how impressive next gen FIFA is, 'cause obviously that's your opinion. Though to be fair, there are only a couple launch titles that are going to provide the wow factor, especially for a PC gamer.

But it's not a port like the first game on last gen was, or like AC4, BF, or CoD are. There are clear gameplay differences/additions, even if they aren't massive and don't revolutionize the experience.

EA and the FIFA devs have received a lot criticism through the years, and it was often justified. But when you look at what the other AAA cross-gen titles have done, and you look at Madden and NBA Live, personally I'm pretty happy with the effort EA put into improving their first edition of next gen FIFA.

In absolute terms FIFA might not be "next gen" enough, but relative to the other cross gen titles we have for launch, with the exception of NBA 2K14 probably, NG FIFA is a pretty nice improvement and I think for that the FIFA devs deserve some praise.

Last edited:

Maybe i didnt/dont know the literally for Port, i didnt mean its exact the same game as the 360 but on 1080pthat would actually be the PC version at 1080p) but id say its 95% the same gamplay... somethings smoother here and there, ball a bit looser/faster but thats about it from my experience.

As a Fifa player the upgread is well worth it enough because of the improved graphics, but i dont the subtle differences are a game changer for plp who desliked the 360 version to like this one(i have lots of friends in this situation)...

Btw, completly agree on praising the devs, the game is really good as it was already CG. Its a great, solid effort for their 1st try on NG.

Do players still get brushed off the ball really easily? Clubs is unplayable because of this + chipped through balls. Has that been affected?

I can't speak for multiplayer but in single player it's improved for sure. Defending and collisions still needs work but I think it's certainly more realistic now.

But again, multiplayer is always a little different so I can't say for sure.

I can't speak for multiplayer but in single player it's improved for sure. Defending and collisions still needs work but I think it's certainly more realistic now.

But again, multiplayer is always a little different so I can't say for sure.

I was just wondering if you've managed take a look at the different camera options? Are they the same as they always are, or do they offer a bit more scope with editing them? I ask because I love broadcast cam (the TV style one) but ive always wanted it to be zoomed in a lot more. I'd imagine it's the same as CG cameras but thought I'd ask :)

On a different note, that video of Spurs at White Hart Lane looks awesome. I used to see them quite often as a kid as some family are Spurs fans, so I'd like to play a CM with them. The stadium looks awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom