FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Next gen is about an extra 10% on current gen! plays the same but more animations and looks gorgeous.

so how to defend those super lobs??? my defenders always freezing at the player switch and the likes of Ronaldo, Bale outrun easily, and those noobs online especailly go for the lobs at 20 times a match, annyoing...-.-

scotch did you play fifa 14 CG?

is this much better?

Yeah I did mate. Just think this is much better. The array of potential passes and shots due to not only the extra animations but the position of the foot and ball physics etc is great. It's also very smooth and gameplay doesn't stop; even the cutscenes for substitutions can be skipped.

Little things but add to a bigger picture.

so how to defend those super lobs??? my defenders always freezing at the player switch and the likes of Ronaldo, Bale outrun easily, and those noobs online especailly go for the lobs at 20 times a match, annyoing...-.-

ok manual switch solves this...BUT

now at crosses and corners NO ONE jumps up!!!!!!!!

:FAIL:

why make a game that complicated? :YAWN:

Yeah I did mate. Just think this is much better. The array of potential passes and shots due to not only the extra animations but the position of the foot and ball physics etc is great. It's also very smooth and gameplay doesn't stop; even the cutscenes for substitutions can be skipped.

Little things but add to a bigger picture.

Yep, totally agree. No one or few major improvements but loads of smaller changes equals a much better game for me.

Now if only I could stop giving up so many damn second chance goals from keeper parries. Try increasing keeper ability maybe?

going to buy ps4 version with my ps4.
but what they did with taking tournementmode out realy frustrates
me.:RANT:
i always play a custom cup at home with friends ,home and away games.
also like playing a league without the careermodes transfers and other distractions.
playing custom cups and choosing several teams to play with.
the reasons fifa gives is BS.
before release the producers sayd on youtube that nextgen version had everything current gen has.
they just dont want there brasil 2014 worldcup game to loose sales because ps4,x box one owners can make a custom worldcup.
they should have just excluded national teams from tournement mode.
this is reason for me NOT to buy there brasil world cup game.:TTTH:

did anyone else buy Fifa 14 current gen from game and have the option to exchange for £10 to fifa 14 next gen?

anyone done this yet?

You had to have bought the original from Game and kept the receipt + a voucher that was tagged onto the receipt. Of course, I had none of that!!

Amazon is doing £15 trade in on CG FIFA + a special £22 voucher towards the equivalent NG version. I think its £47 on Amazon, making it £10 to 'upgrade'. Thats what I've done.

Cant believe they have took out tournaments in it what a joke.

Who would you contact to ask why and tell them to put it back?

Other than that the games brilliant, the graphics and new animations are worth getting it for alone.

I wish they did replays like PES where only the attacking player or person who's fouled can stop them. My mates were skipping though most of them when the slow motion shots/saves look amazing even the fouls are very detailed and brilliant to watch.

Last edited:

You had to have bought the original from Game and kept the receipt + a voucher that was tagged onto the receipt. Of course, I had none of that!!

Amazon is doing £15 trade in on CG FIFA + a special £22 voucher towards the equivalent NG version. I think its £47 on Amazon, making it £10 to 'upgrade'. Thats what I've done.

I got £28 trade from Amazon for mine and the £22 voucher

Can't say I ever played Tournament mode. Was it that good to cause this much uproar?

Guess it must have been.

They must think people only play online or single player.

I don't play either of them i only get mates round once a week and have a multi player league. Well used to anyway the tossers

I wasn't told anything about a voucher! I'll go mental at the staff in there if they give me any shit about a voucher that they never supplied me with!!

Just looked for my receipt and I do indeed have a voucher. I did tell them I wanted to upgrade when I bought it

It is a receipt and separate voucher

I've heard a couple people mention that, like some of the other games, next gen looks slightly better on the PS4 than the X1. Anyone seen it on both and can confirm/deny this?

Got the game on PS4 a few days ago.

Weird thing is, I can no longer play a friendly kick-off Be a Player match! Can't find that option anywhere!

I can still start a Career mode as ONE player but can't have a friendly single player fixture. Weird.....

Game is AWESOME by the way! well worth the upgrade in my opinion for those that can afford it.

Shouldn't we create a next gen FIFA 14 thread? It's going to be confusing otherwise, not to mention tiresome always identifying which game we're referring to.

Anyways, a cool thing about next gen that I'm finding so far, is that I'm struggling to figure out which I like more, manual matches with sliders, or just default settings with default assistance. That's certainly never been the case before, and it's nice because sometimes I'm more in the mood for one type of game or the other.

going to buy ps4 version with my ps4.
but what they did with taking tournementmode out realy frustrates
me.:RANT:
i always play a custom cup at home with friends ,home and away games.
also like playing a league without the careermodes transfers and other distractions.
playing custom cups and choosing several teams to play with.
the reasons fifa gives is BS.
before release the producers sayd on youtube that nextgen version had everything current gen has.
they just dont want there brasil 2014 worldcup game to loose sales because ps4,x box one owners can make a custom worldcup.
they should have just excluded national teams from tournement mode.
this is reason for me NOT to buy there brasil world cup game.:TTTH:

And I thought Konami were crazy :LOL:

Don't know what's up with the gaming industry.

I play FIFA 14 on PC, on which resolution you guys play? When I activated MSAA 2x I had lags, but I changed the resolution to 1024x768 and stopped lags until the graph looks like it got better!

Back
Top Bottom