FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

As much as I'd love to have the cash to splash on next-gen Fifa, I'm still on old-gen Fifa 13 which I have only just got around to starting.

Quick question - Is Fifa 14 (PS3) significant enough of an improvement on 13 to justify my picking it up?

Ta

Last edited:

As much as I'd love to have the cash to splash on next-gen Fifa, I'm still on old-gen Fifa 13 which I have only just got around to starting.

Quick question - Is Fifa 14 (PS3) significant enough of an improvement on 13 to justify my picking it up?

Ta

It's miles better IMO

Do they show, as he said, random bits of play (i.e. a good tackle, bit of skill etc?)

Spose I could just fire up Twitch!?

Just so you know, I finally saw a replay showcasing a skill. I did a "Berba-spin" with Robinho and they showed the replay and commented on it a bit later.

I was just wondering if you've managed take a look at the different camera options? Are they the same as they always are, or do they offer a bit more scope with editing them? I ask because I love broadcast cam (the TV style one) but ive always wanted it to be zoomed in a lot more. I'd imagine it's the same as CG cameras but thought I'd ask :)

On a different note, that video of Spurs at White Hart Lane looks awesome. I used to see them quite often as a kid as some family are Spurs fans, so I'd like to play a CM with them. The stadium looks awesome.

At least on the XO the camera editing options seems to be broken, for exemple at Goodison Park if u edit the height and zoom the camera doenst change at all(Tele Broadcast), on some other stadiums u have instances where the camera just changes to a certain point, for exemple at the Emirates after u move the height above 10 ull notice that the camera doesnt move at all...like it get stucks on 10 heigh evan though u set to 20, very annoying!

Also the new NEXT GEN camera(called default) isnt editable at all!

I was just wondering if you've managed take a look at the different camera options? Are they the same as they always are, or do they offer a bit more scope with editing them? I ask because I love broadcast cam (the TV style one) but ive always wanted it to be zoomed in a lot more. I'd imagine it's the same as CG cameras but thought I'd ask :)

On a different note, that video of Spurs at White Hart Lane looks awesome. I used to see them quite often as a kid as some family are Spurs fans, so I'd like to play a CM with them. The stadium looks awesome.

Sorry, I don't know. Tele broadcast camera at default settings is good enough for me, so I dont' mess around with camera options.

I'm running a Spurs CM to get a feel for the game. It started off well but I"m struggling seriously at the moment. It hurts that Spurs wingers aren't nearly as effective in the game as in real life, at least for me. Chadli kinda sucks, Townsend isn't rated high enough to mimic his recent form, Sigurdsson is slow, and Lamela isn't as good an attacker as he should be.

Eriksen however is one of my favorite players in the game to play with; he's awesome.

It also hurts that it's still too easy to leak sloppy goals to the CPU. Whereas the Spurs defense in real life is rock solid this year, it's hard to replicate that because the CPU gets too many second chance goals. I also still concede a fair share of headers, though no where near the same levels in current gen.

The AI is improved but the ratio of sloppy goals the CPU gets is still too high and I'd like to see more quality goals from the AI. Hopefully what we've got now is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to improved AI.

My PS4 copy arrived today, now just waiting for the console. Curious to see the new animations and crowds etc.

At least on the XO the camera editing options seems to be broken, for exemple at Goodison Park if u edit the height and zoom the camera doenst change at all(Tele Broadcast), on some other stadiums u have instances where the camera just changes to a certain point, for exemple at the Emirates after u move the height above 10 ull notice that the camera doesnt move at all...like it get stucks on 10 heigh evan though u set to 20, very annoying!

Also the new NEXT GEN camera(called default) isnt editable at all!

That might not be a bug, I remember from the current gen that sometimes the cam would go to a different position because of the cam in real life. Maybe they are more forcefull with it this time to highlight the new real camera's?

for exemple at the Emirates after u move the height above 10 ull notice that the camera doesnt move at all...

That's been the same on CG for certain stadiums for many Fifas, a few of the stadiums don't support the camera being zoomed all the way out (probably because of framerate or poorly built stadia with objects that go over the camera at certain heights).

That's been the same on CG for certain stadiums for many Fifas, a few of the stadiums don't support the camera being zoomed all the way out (probably because of framerate or poorly built stadia with objects that go over the camera at certain heights).

Yeh true, but its much worse on NG ull see... i had my tele broadcast camera set up Height 15, Zoom 8 in FIFA CG and it worked in every stadium(i would use zoom at 0, but knowing some stadiums didnt support it i got used to 8 so i'd had the same angle in every stadium)... now on NG i just cant use one single camera that would fit all stadiums, every stadium have different angles(zoom/height restrictions) and i hate that i cant just get used to one single type :(

Anout the new NG camera angle yeh, i think they locked the positions for the right porpuses(simulate the real camera position) but why mess the old tele broadcast one?

Last edited:

sounds like that could be a problem for me on clubs with the various stadiums

I like to not have to alter my camera once fixed

sounds like that could be a problem for me on clubs with the various stadiums

I like to not have to alter my camera once fixed

I will be more than happy if that's the only problem :)

Need to pick up Fifa 14 from somewhere before launch. Hopefully the servers will be stable as ps4 is already out in the US!

What are the camera angles like in NG Fifa? Are there more customizable options? More options for camera angles for replays?

just saw a fifa 14 next gen review from gamespot on youtube ,
they mentioned there was no longer tournement mode in next gen version !!!!!!
also no longer online friendlys.
can anyone who has the game confirm this.
we would be forced to play careermode !
no longer cups from countrys ,or custom leagues or tournements ?
surely they are not going to be like pes 13 in the past and remove these gamemodes .
i play mostly cups choosing several teams ,or stand alone leagues .
just hope the reviewer missed something or they bring tournement mode with dlc later .

Yeh true, but its much worse on NG ull see... i had my tele broadcast camera set up Height 15, Zoom 8 in FIFA CG and it worked in every stadium(i would use zoom at 0, but knowing some stadiums didnt support it i got used to 8 so i'd had the same angle in every stadium)... now on NG i just cant use one single camera that would fit all stadiums, every stadium have different angles(zoom/height restrictions) and i hate that i cant just get used to one single type :(

Anout the new NG camera angle yeh, i think they locked the positions for the right porpuses(simulate the real camera position) but why mess the old tele broadcast one?

Well I only play in Tele not Tele broadcast, have it zoomed all the way out, will be very pissed off if it's not possible for the majority of stadiums :(

What are the camera angles like in NG Fifa? Are there more customizable options? More options for camera angles for replays?

Just read what we were talking above your post... NG has less option in this department.

@Placebo
I didnt fully tested Tele, but it seemed it had the same issues.

just saw a fifa 14 next gen review from gamespot on youtube ,
they mentioned there was no longer tournement mode in next gen version !!!!!!
also no longer online friendlys.
can anyone who has the game confirm this.
we would be forced to play careermode !
no longer cups from countrys ,or custom leagues or tournements ?
surely they are not going to be like pes 13 in the past and remove these gamemodes .
i play mostly cups choosing several teams ,or stand alone leagues .
just hope the reviewer missed something or they bring tournement mode with dlc later .

Tournment mode is out indeed... Online friendlies are in, just like in CG.
Match lobbies are out.

can u help me?

i use custom chants for one team and it appears very well etc. i made a playlist on my hdd for especially this purpose(i have multiple tracks for the team) BUT during the match after a time a clef appears at the right top corner of the screen and the playlist just stops for the rest of the match, why is that? anyone knows?

Maybe best thing about next gen FIFA: far fewer bicycle clearances by defenders!

More animations, improved heading, and better AI... seems to all equal defenders being able to more realistically deal with aerial balls. I've still seen bicycle clearances but only a few.

Does anyone know if we can have custom music in the next gen version? It would be a drag to listen to the EA trax for a whole year...

Damn that's the first I've heard of it. So we can't listen to MP3's on our PS4? Or just disc based MP3 songs.

Both. Surprised you missed the news, was covered extensively here and everywhere else on the net :) the good news is Sony confirmed both will be added in a future update, but of course no ETA, and nothing from EA on whether custom chants/music is something they will patch back in, knowing EA of course the answer is probably "we could but we won't because we do the absolute minimum to support the game unless it's making sure we continue to receive money from microtransactions for UT".

Yeah, it's a pretty big drag, especially since you can't skip songs either. I'm tempted to subscribe to Sony's music service just to avoid the damn FIFA soundtrack. Not being able to skip Mike West match scores is just as bad. Don't know why they just didn't let us click the new trackpad to skip songs and Mike West.

On the plus side, one big improvement that has nothing to do with FIFA is the controller, specifically the sticks and the triggers. Analog sprint is now an absolute must. A big tip is to really get used to being very precise with the trigger - mash it and you get max sprint but just a nice little pull on it gives a really nice balance of speed and control to get away from people but still dribble well. Obviously you were able to do this before, with varying effectiveness, but the new added precision to the triggers is a big improvement. Really liking it.

It's even harder to master on defense I'm finding, because it's really easy now to sprint past people and over do it, at least against the CPU.

Last edited:

Maybe best thing about next gen FIFA: far fewer bicycle clearances by defenders!

More animations, improved heading, and better AI... seems to all equal defenders being able to more realistically deal with aerial balls. I've still seen bicycle clearances but only a few.

Agree on that! The more i play the more diferences im starting to feel from the CG version, the physcis seems to be a lot more "there"...

But oh boy the camera thing is annoying me.. Some stadiums are barely unplayeble to me since the camer is so Low i get no perspective and the game stays 90% of the time in the lower part of the screen... frustrating!

is there a way to turn somehow off the L3 passing? there is no option in the buttons settings for it and one of my controller is not that stable/more sensitive and in critical situation instead of shooting i ending up passing

did anyone else buy Fifa 14 current gen from game and have the option to exchange for £10 to fifa 14 next gen?

anyone done this yet?

I got an option of £40 trade in value against next gen fifa. Just waiting to see how much they robbing shits price next gen at. I'm expecting £59.99 so ill have to pay £19.99 for next gen.

Back
Top Bottom