FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Placebo, just for you I added about 30 players to the shortlist and no worries, it runs like a breeze, just like everything else.

Also, if you've got a half-decent sound system, and I only have a cheap sound bar, the atmosphere can be pretty awesome. Playing at home as Dortmund is really cool.

Another thing, I'm really noticing the benefits of using analog sprint more than ever. I wonder why it's not on by default; it's a must.

Great to hear they have improved the sound as well.

That and the crowds should make the game so much more realistic.

Great to hear they have improved the sound as well.

That and the crowds should make the game so much more realistic.

Another minor thing, though I'm sure it'll make a lot of people happy, is that boots look great.

Also, commentary isn't buggy. Did it get patched on current gen, or is it just better on ng?

so i got this on origin and setup placebos sliders.....

Pro
presentation and look and feel of menus is class
camera can go out far
all the leagues
cpu moves ball around niceley

cons
i mean i thought this game would have been drastically different then fifa 10, to me it is not. The players have no weight. None of the players feel or look all that different in there movements. I chose Nantes in a CM. Players really had no individuality. This really kills it for me. Also SUttering, massive micro stuttering, im sure there is a fix but it is bad.
Dribbling past players is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy, just sprint right by....

not sure what the hype is about this game...

You must be playing the wrong game then.

Also, I've found sometimes I didn't notice individuality that much until I had played quite a bit with one team; i.e. it took a while to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of players. But once I got comfortable with them, individuality became more apparent.

Where do you usually access custom chant options? I'm not finding them.

VUBejBF.jpg

s9kh5xY.jpg

Gosh those menus look ugly now compared to next gen!

Anyways, nope, no Custom Music & Chants. In fact, there's no Replay Theatre or Creation Centre (!) either.

Under Customise, there's only Settings, Online Settings, Create Player (which also has edit and delete), Profile, Edit Teams, EA Sports Trax, and Credits.

Surely Creation Centre will be patched in at some point? Maybe it'll be the same with chants and custom music.

So without Replay Theatre, it looks like the only way to upload replays is through the use of the Share feature. I tried doing this - I wanted to post this animation Soldado did to control a pass that I'd never seen before and was sublime - but I couldn't quite figure out how to trim the replay to what I wanted.

On a positive note, I've seen more injuries today and yesterday with next gen fifa than I saw in the month with current gen... and I've yet to touch sliders.

Anyways, nope, no Custom Music & Chants. In fact, there's no Replay Theatre or Creation Centre (!) either.

Under Customise, there's only Settings, Online Settings, Create Player (which also has edit and delete), Profile, Edit Teams, EA Sports Trax, and Credits.

Surely Creation Centre will be patched in at some point? Maybe it'll be the same with chants and custom music.

So without Replay Theatre, it looks like the only way to upload replays is through the use of the Share feature. I tried doing this - I wanted to post this animation Soldado did to control a pass that I'd never seen before and was sublime - but I couldn't quite figure out how to trim the replay to what I wanted.

On a positive note, I've seen more injuries today and yesterday with next gen fifa than I saw in the month with current gen... and I've yet to touch sliders.

No creation center is a bummer. I had a lot of fun making my team logo, kits, and players for career mode. I'm sure it is an under used feature, but I loved it. Gave me enough editing ability to not make me miss the PC version.

No creation center is a bummer. I had a lot of fun making my team logo, kits, and players for career mode. I'm sure it is an under used feature, but I loved it. Gave me enough editing ability to not make me miss the PC version.

Yeah, I never was able to get Creation Centre content to work well with the 360 - it was rare that I could even download it! - so I was really looking forward to seeing if the PS4 worked better with it. Hopefully these missing features will get patched in.

Hiya, do CPU teams foul more do you know?

To those who played the next gen game. Are there sliders in the game? Plus is there a custom tournament option? Thanks

You must be playing the wrong game then.

Also, I've found sometimes I didn't notice individuality that much until I had played quite a bit with one team; i.e. it took a while to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of players. But once I got comfortable with them, individuality became more apparent.

not playing the wrong game. Look the game for me lacks any type of individuality, I just dont see it. I played two more games, halfway thru the second i had to stop cause it was just boring. I will try again, but I am personally shocked at the love this gets. Sad state today for football gaming.

mfmaxpower, about the edit mode, did EA finally add more options to edit players, for exemple the possibility to edit what gear players wear on rain/winter matches separatly from sunny/regular matches? (this is something that is broken in the CG version)

Thanks for your impressions, appreciated! Roll on 22th!

Hiya, do CPU teams foul more do you know?

Doesn't seem like it. I, on the other hand, have been getting called for a lot more fouls. I think it's because the AI is more intelligent and some of the more aggressive defensive tactics that worked before aren't as effective on next gen. Defending seems a bit harder on next gen.

Also, there still are some physical collisions that don't get called for fouls that probably should, but it doesn't seem to be nearly the amount in current gen... or old gen, whatever, not sure what's what now.

Doesn't seem like it. I, on the other hand, have been getting called for a lot more fouls. I think it's because the AI is more intelligent and some of the more aggressive defensive tactics that worked before aren't as effective on next gen. Defending seems a bit harder on next gen.

Also, there still are some physical collisions that don't get called for fouls that probably should, but it doesn't seem to be nearly the amount in current gen... or old gen, whatever, not sure what's what now.

ok cool, thanks for the reply :-)

Will be amazing if they can get the replays right and like he said show tricks and such when the balls goes out.

Will be amazing if they can get the replays right and like he said show tricks and such when the balls goes out.

Ive watched a lot of NG footage and some of the replays look amazing tbh!

Do they show, as he said, random bits of play (i.e. a good tackle, bit of skill etc?)

Spose I could just fire up Twitch!?

Not seen any skill footage but I have def seen goals scored so far just before corners ;-)

Do they show, as he said, random bits of play (i.e. a good tackle, bit of skill etc?)

Spose I could just fire up Twitch!?

I've seen replays of skills yes, which had nothing to do with contributing towards when the ball went out of play. So it is quite a nice feature.

Not seen this vid about the NG version before? Seems lots of cool things in there, but worryingly, not heard many of them mentioned by people that have actually played the game (i.e. contextual substitution animations?)

YouTube - FIFA Xbox One vs 360: What's The Difference?

It's just because they're not that big of a deal, at least for me. A lot of what EA has focused on in regards to all the new tv-like presentation stuff just doesn't interest me, and I skip them, but they're there. I'm much more interested, and pleased, with all the ways gameplay is better.

No replay theatre?

So can we not pause and check out a replay at all?

You can still do that. It's just that without replay theatre, you can no longer upload and save replays. On the PS4 you now save and upload through the new share button feature. On the X1 it might be different.

Ahhh well I suppose as long as we can do that, view the replays ourselves, uploading them should be easy enough.

Is it true Gary Neville commentates on next gen?

Ahhh well I suppose as long as we can do that, view the replays ourselves, uploading them should be easy enough.

Is it true Gary Neville commentates on next gen?

Ive not heard Neville no, Tyler, Smith are still the main ones. I think commentary remains the saame as it is in current gen, not 100%.

Last edited:

I saw that he NG version will show replays of the goals from earlier in the match sometimes when the ball goes out of play, say, for a goal kick etc. That's a really cool feature. I saw a video on YouTube earlier of Liverpool v Arsenal on NG and it looked amazing. Anfield looked pretty accurate, the chants etc were great, replays just like you see on TV, and the crowds do look amazing, especially when Arsenal scored and you see the tiny away end in the far left corner, exactly where it is in real life, going crazy were the rest of the stadium is still. That's really cool.

Back
Top Bottom