FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - GAME RELATED TALK ONLY!

The real competition this year is between PES 2014 and Fifa 14-Next-Gen-version.

Currentgen-Fifa14 seems like it won't stand a chance.

How much do you want to bet that FIFA 14 current gen still destroys PES in sales?

And even among the hardcore, there's still loads of us who've lost all patience and faith in Konami, so until I experience for it myself, there's little reason to think Konami's execution will match their vision and the hype.

In the first corner, why does Puyol and Piqué stay away from the hotspot in front of the goal?

Hm, probably because I can't stick to one football game for whole season. I do play both series. Both offer different approach to presenting football.

But I would never call FIFA realistic like some fans do. It's so far away from it (I know it, I play footy in real life :P).

Someone said, that FIFA and COD are similar. Both sold millions of copies in their genre. It's true. However, ask yourself a question, does millions of game copies sold make game good? Call of Duty is prime example, that shit game can sell millions of copies (sorry to all COD fanboys I might have hurt, it's my personal opinion after thousands of hours spent on playing milsim games and Counter Strike 1.6 for almost decade now :D).

FIFA is following the same path, which I don't like. They don't improve much, rather do little and sale the game for full price. You're saying that what FIFA 12 brought was warrant for FULL price? No. It should have been there since the very beginning.

Most of the features brought by FIFA 13 were already... Coded in FIFA 12 (you can ask regularcat/Fidel or if you don't trust them, debug the game code yourself).

It caters to people who love end-to-end action, doing crazy skill moves to humiliate opponents, easy goals via lofted through balls, etc. I hardly had proper football match. More like rush-rush-rush to goal games. All were fun though ;).

I know EA didn't have to improve FIFA, because of no competition in this gen of consoles. I admit it. FIFA is the better game out of the two. FIFA 13 offered me tons of fun and great online games (sadly, my Origin account was hacked recently and EA customer support just loyally sucks ass, so I won't ever get it back probably - this is also why I don't want to buy anything from EA ever again if it needs Origin to function :/).

Will try demo of FIFA 14 no doubt, but seriously, on PC, FIFA 14 will still be using current gen technology, which massively hurts me and many other PC users. EA Sports screwed up yet again (The Doctor76 should remember me from EA official forums. He should also remember the famous quote from Peter Moore when he said: "Only 2% of PCs could run the Xbox 360/PS3 FIFA version." - turned out to be a total lie. Hoping that they will not say such bullshit ever again).

Last edited:
Says the guy who played the same PES title since PES 6. And EVERY year headlines about the game read the King is Back...what a joke.

Calm down twat.

I was just saying it don't look that special. Bit samey. It didn't need as much work as pes needed but i think ea have run out of ideas. They need next gen.

Now back in your box

Calm down twat.

I was just saying it don't look that special. Bit samey. It didn't need as much work as pes needed but i think ea have run out of ideas. They need next gen.

Now back in your box
How can it look special when you are a PES Fan?

How can it look special when you are a PES Fan?

What does it have to do with anything?

I am a fan of both series and FIFA 14 is another FIFA I won't be buying (I haven't bought FIFA 10 on PC either because I got pissed off at EA Sports that time).

Now it's the same. FIFA 14 on PC using archaic engine is no good enough for me. So will go back to PES. First PES after 6 I will buy for money (sorry, but PES 2008 till 2012 were horrid. I haven't played them, so didn't even bother dl them. PES 2013 was the only one I downloaded because it was quite good).

FYI have got FIFAs since FIFA 98 till FIFA 13 (except for FIFA 10 like I said). PES3 to 6.

For me, when it comes to realism, PES was always superior one. What KONAMI and PES lacked on current gen was technical stuff limiting their view on football. FOX Engine delivered the opportunity and PES 2014 is showing IMMENSE progress from anything Pro Evo released in 2008-2013.

I know FIFA will outsell Pro Evo. Huge fanbase, KSI, Calfreezy, FifaRalle, Hjerpseth and co. won't let EA down. But FIFA stagnation in recent years and what EA showed on E3 clearly gave fans voice of concern. Look at EA official FIFA forums. They are in RAGE mode... For first time in recent years ;).

I doubt there are many PES fans there... ;]

Some people in this thread are so bitter for no logical reason :LOL:

Ironic how people on EA forums can be more reasonable. :P

I should have worded it.......

If your a FIFA fan are you disappointed with the way FIFA 14 current gen is looking at the moment???To me - and I'm not a fan - it looks no different. But to fans of the game are you looking forward to it or not really???

Yes, I think that sounds better.....

I should have worded it.......

If your a FIFA fan are you disappointed with the way FIFA 14 current gen is looking at the moment???To me - and I'm not a fan - it looks no different. But to fans of the game are you looking forward to it or not really???

Yes, I think that sounds better.....

Considering that they've ripped-out the old, canned movement animation system and replaced it with new technology that has been in development for two years and is designed to calculate movement on a step-by-step basis - the same tech that's being used by the Ignite Engine for next gen FIFA - and considering that they've upgraded defensive intelligence, which was the other major weakness in FIFA 13, no I am not disappointed at this point, without actually having played the game.

So yeah, despite nothing impressive coming out of E3, I am looking forward to current gen FIFA 14, though that'll be just the appetizer to hold me over until next gen FIFA 14.

Historically speaking, at least we can solace knowing that this time next year many of us will probably still be playing FIFA 14 and getting our moneys worth unlike PES 2014 which will probably last most until this December, if they're are lucky.

Last edited:

:II

Everyone, relax.

Please put your point across without sounding like you're trolling.

I have never understood why some people feel the need to bash others when they say they play both games.It doesn't have to be one or the other

That step over the ball is useless at the moment. You lose all momentum when your guy does it and the defender gains a lot of ground on you. The other aspect is sometimes your guy attempts to jump over the ball too early and it hits his heels.

How much do you want to bet that FIFA 14 current gen still destroys PES in sales?

And even among the hardcore, there's still loads of us who've lost all patience and faith in Konami, so until I experience for it myself, there's little reason to think Konami's execution will match their vision and the hype.

Agreed on both points:

1. Fifa 14 current gen will undoubtedly sell way more than PES 2014 and the reason for this are licenses, for mainstream-customers this is the most important aspect. They can't be bothered with searching, downloading and importing fanmade-license-kits, if it's not there out of the box, they are not interested. I've seen it at work, when colleagues saw the footage of PES 2014, they were amazed, but when they heard that the national liga is not licenced the interest went from 100 to 0.

2. You are also right, that we have to wait till we get to see and play the final code. Konami has first to prove if they can get all the features, the AI, the gameplay, the controls... right with the new engine.

Still I'm much more pumped for PES 2014 right now than for Fifa 14, but I'm also curious how Fifa 14 current gen will play with proper footplanting and inertia implemented.

Agreed on both points:

1. Fifa 14 current gen will undoubtedly sell way more than PES 2014 and the reason for this are licenses, for mainstream-customers this is the most important aspect. They can't be bothered with searching, downloading and importing fanmade-license-kits, if it's not there out of the box, they are not interested. I've seen it at work, when colleagues saw the footage of PES 2014, they were amazed, but when they heard that the national liga is not licenced the interest went from 100 to 0.

2. You are also right, that we have to wait till we get to see and play the final code. Konami has first to prove if they can get all the features, the AI, the gameplay, the controls... right with the new engine.

Still I'm much more pumped for PES 2014 right now than for Fifa 14, but I'm also curious how Fifa 14 current gen will play with proper footplanting and inertia implemented.

does FIFA 14 have foot planting and inertia on current gen?

I also agree with the points about PES, i was a fan for years of ISS and PES but I a still wait with baited breath what's coming from PES. At the end of the day have no loyalty to either and will play what I think is the best

All this talk about ignite, and fox engine. If it doesn't have dirty kits i'm not buying it. Now lets keep it real guys.:P

does FIFA 14 have foot planting and inertia on current gen?

Yes. In theory at least. Both FIFAs have 'Precision Movement'. So far, I can see the footplanting, little unconvinced with the inertia. It's a big improvement one way or another.

Very cautious this year on all three games, but think all three are going to be grand improvements on what came before.

This year is undoubtedly the hardest to predict given just how much has changed with all three titles. In my opinion, a lot of the excitement for PES 2014 comes down to the novelty factor. It looks undeniably great, but for the huge number of people who have been playing FIFA and neglecting PES, it also looks really, really different to FIFA. For those frustrated with FIFA, that makes a big difference.

PES's pacing is what has me hooked right now. FIFA in every gameplay video looks overly manic. People are holding sprint constantly, particularly in defence, and it seems more effective than I'd like. Hard to tell whether it's the player or the game, but it's usually both.

Last edited:

YouTube - New FIFA 14 feature was already in FIFA 13 - fact.

Like I was saying, stuff like that isn't exactly worth advertising. :)

Will have few more of those coming (the defender getting IN front of attacker to BLOCK him is also there in FIFA 13, the chest flick is done automatically in 1.7 patch).

Hm.

The real problem with this is not with them trying to fool people (because that's the usual), but with the people buying all this marketing crap, even after clear evidence that it's all pure marketing.

Foot planting for instance, I haven't seen a single glimpse of it on both IGN and Gamespot demos, yet people are saying it's there.

Last edited:

Hype is what sells. They have learned from the masters-apple. Their pr managers use words like awesome, revolutionary, excellent, new etc. for things that were on market for years. http://youtu.be/l4uQqfCnUIE

Hype aside, I'm happy they improved the crowd and tweaks here and there (with some mods from users)can make an already great game even better.

Back
Top Bottom