FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - GAME RELATED TALK ONLY!

Does anybody know whether gameplay footage or impressions of the next Gen FIFA will be done by anybody this week in E3?

‏@FIFASoccerBlog 3h
Our guys on ground zero (@AsimTanvir & @GariClark) will be getting hands on with Next-Gen #FIFA14. Make sure you Follow All & RT

Fabregas looks hilariously bad.

Tell me about it, yes I love PES, but I used to love FIFA too. But my god, how anyone can say fifa faces are better is beyond me, Fabregas is barely recognisable, and the way his arms moved in the trailer made it look like he was doing the Peter Crouch robot dance xD

Same shit different year

Agree. All these stupid names that they give to new features are really annoying! Can´t believe that people will be fooled by that year after year...

Looks like ps4 for me.

Question though, as FIFA 14 is out in October, what happens with the next gen version, when is that released

Only way I will get a new console on release if there is the nextgen FIFA available?

Cheers

Looks like ps4 for me.

Question though, as FIFA 14 is out in October, what happens with the next gen version, when is that released

Only way I will get a new console on release if there is the nextgen FIFA available?

Cheers

Fifa14 next gen won't be out day of release of console. More likely when they release fifa14 the road to the World Cup in April/may 14

It is crazy how most of the videos recorded in gaming conventions are made by people who are poor at the game.By people who have little clue as to how football should be played

Just been reading this:

FIFA 14 First Look: Elite Technique

By EA SPORTS Football 11 черв. 2013
[fifa14-elite-technique-header.jpg]

Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, FIFA 14 will introduce Elite Technique on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This all-new feature delivers hundreds of new skills and behaviors that capture the artistry and sheer athleticism of elite footballers. Player movement in FIFA 14 is more fluid and intelligent, delivering the most realistic game experience yet.

Previously, players were limited to a few generic passing animations for multiple situations, but through the raw power and memory of next gen consoles Elite Technique unlocks hundreds of new skills. For example, players will now be able to trap in 180 degrees, replacing the previous touch and turn with one fluid motion.

Players will now be able to recognize the situation on the pitch and adapt accordingly. Players will be aware when taking a touch will break momentum, and instead will dummy or run over the ball to maintain the fluidity of their attack. New behaviors include trapping the ball in stride at pace and instinctive off-balance shots. Players will be able to use their body and all parts of the foot, allowing them to cut open the defense with an opportunistic overhead, slice or lob pass. The right trigger will also allow players to trap using their chest, potentially giving them the inch of space needed to reel off a curling lace shot.

Elite Technique gives players multiple ways to receive the ball, opens up more attacking options and creates exciting scoring opportunities. Technically proficient players will be able to receive the ball, shield it from a defender and continue an attack in such a manner that only the best defenders will be able to slow them down.

Check back with EASPORTS.com soon for more information on FIFA 14 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

The bit which made me laugh was "Players will be aware when taking a touch will break momentum, and instead will dummy or run over the ball to maintain the fluidity of their attack."

I'm sure we could do that in Pro Evo about 8 years ago?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKxEWuMCcEk&feature=youtu.be

A HD version, you can see bits of what they are talking about.

Jostling looks better and you see a few times that a quick turn sends a defender off balance.

Also swerve on the ball on the last goal is there. Worrying that they might go in all the time though.

Similar to 13 at this stage. Hopefully more vids soon.

A next gen one would be nice...

Last edited:

Jostling looks better and you see a few times that a quick turn sends a defender off balance.

Also swerve on the ball on the last goal is there. Worrying that they might go in all the time though.

it looks and plays better than fifa 13 for sure.

Iit looks and plays more or less the same as 13. It is stil unclear what exactly will be the difference between pc/xbox360/ps3 and new generation of consoles.

It is crazy how most of the videos recorded in gaming conventions are made by people who are poor at the game.By people who have little clue as to how football should be played

Ye I know what you mean.

Just been reading this:

The bit which made me laugh was "Players will be aware when taking a touch will break momentum, and instead will dummy or run over the ball to maintain the fluidity of their attack."

I'm sure we could do that in Pro Evo about 8 years ago?!

And on FIFA 98, or was it the world cup game, I'm sure you could do dummys.

Last edited:

im just surmising but don't they mean your players will do it automatically if they sense there is break on and by touching the ball will hold play up?

I know the feature has been in ages where you can hold one of the triggers down and let it run through your feet?

Why is current-gen FIFA on the show floor at all?

You can see the new shooting with Suarez' goal

Why is current-gen FIFA on the show floor at all?

Because it's a game with plenty of new features, and the game which the vast, vast, vast majority of people will be playing this year?

In terms of the videos so far, I'm a little underwhelmed, though not especially surprised. Videos are always dodgy to an extent, but it definitely looks a little bit on the fast side, and that the sense of momentum, while improved, is understated.

Last edited:
Because it's a game with plenty of new features, and the game which the vast, vast, vast majority of people will be playing this year?

In terms of the videos so far, I'm a little underwhelmed, though not especially surprised. Videos are always dodgy to an extent, but it definitely looks a little bit on the fast side, and that the sense of momentum, while improved, is understated.

So how come games like watch dog and assassins creed were shown on next gen instead of current gen

So how come games like watch dog and assassins creed were shown on next gen instead of current gen

Well in theory because those games really are very similar across generations other than visually, whereas with FIFA there are dramatic differences.

Also probably something to do with release date. FIFA is coming in September on CG, and we don't even know for NG - November at the earliest but I'm guessing quite a bit later.

I think Watch Dog is essentially gonna be the same game minor graphical improvements on current and next gen.For FIFA 14, they really are producing two different games.Two different engines used

Will there be any unofficial footage tomorrow or just a press conference talking about Fifa 14 on next gen? I presume we won't be seeing any shakey cam footage as it's behind closed doors

Back
Top Bottom