FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - GAME RELATED TALK ONLY!

So we already knew nothing will change for PS3/X360/PC users after EA pissed on them.

The above video looks like FIFA 12/13 and sadly, how it will play in online matches too.

Unfortunately, no NG vids are allowed to be recorded at E3 (for FIFA).

So we already knew nothing will change for PS3/X360/PC users after EA pissed on them.

The above video looks like FIFA 12/13 and sadly, how it will play in online matches too.

Unfortunately, no NG vids are allowed to be recorded at E3 (for FIFA).

+and imagine if world cup 2014 game looks like fifa12/13 .
so , fifa 12 , fifa 13 , fifa 14 , world cup 2014 same
60€ x 4 :BYE:

Hard to judge the game based solely on slowed down replay clips but the next gen version didn't exactly blow me away graphically. Everything seemed sharpened and a bit more polished but other than that pretty similar to current gen. I liked the subtle animations but not sure what else I can draw from that gamespot video as it seemed they were very aware not to sure off too much content.

I knew Nick would dismiss every question thrown at him if it wasn't very specific to what the video was showing. EA love to cater information releasing to very specific parts of the game.

If they spent all their time putting in new graphics people would complain about other areas that were missing. Modes gameplay etc.

They chose to advance the gameplay instead... esp the collisions and detect awareness.

I'm gonna have to play this game for a year, gimme gameplay enhancments alll dayyyy. Graphics can come later.

The detection (and avoidance) on limbs was really nice (Xavi header example), genrally the movement and animations looked better.

AI we couldn't tell but they said the new machines give them more options.

Also the crowd looked great, everyone was looking at the ball and were individual....

As they are gonna be there pretty much on launch day thats enough (providing all main modes are in).

Then they have to up their game again as Pro Evo will join next gen next year.

Im ok with it so far.

And another thing, so they explicitly announce that they got rid of the "ice-skating" from football games, yet they show footage that show clear evidence that nothing changed on that department?

EA used to put more effort on their lies...

So, so, so underwhelmed by both football games these days.

I couldn't care less about graphics but, when they boast of having inch perfect stadiums, why does every team have the 4 stanchions net support?

One thing i hate the most about way ea present this, they say stuff like these new animations, new behaviors but pretty much all of them are in fifa 13, most probably in 12 and 11 aswell and you see them regular, disappointing that there isn't really anything new even way the shooting they're trying to promote, isn't very new. Really underwhelming from ea, only reason i'll end up picking it up as all my friends will be and it's only football title currently on next gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AwEDl88R-g4

17 min Gamespot interview with next gen chosen replay footage to show off features. Looks very promising given what they chose to show off. Will be interesting to see what they have in store for game modes.

You do know they only showed slowed down replays right?

You probably will have HARD time to see this in actual gameplay with its usually fast pace.

Och and that impact animation they showed, it was already in the game (FIFA 12).

The jump over to not stumble. I already can see this being glitched like Impact Engine was on FIFA 12 :LOL:.

Just my hunch that every player will do jump over when you're sliding in for tackle at certain angle/body position.

A hands-on

videogamer

Remember FIFA Road To The World Cup 2006? It was rubbish - slow and prescribed, with character models that looked like wax.

FIFA 14 is different. From my hands-on, it feels as good as what's on the current gen - with a marked graphical upgrade to boot. The reveal trailer had many crying that the assets used were pre-rendered, but FIFA 14 One is very shiny - player models are much better than before (Cesc Fabregas looked like an actual man trapped in my TV, although Messi looked a bit spaced out).

Why he mention FIFA RTWC 2006 and continue with FIFA 14 is beyond my mind. Is this kind of sarcasm or what :P

A hands-on

videogamer

Why he mention FIFA RTWC 2006 and continue with FIFA 14 is beyond my mind. Is this kind of sarcasm or what :P

probably because both are the first of the series on a new generation.

oh and btw, that replay stuff of fifa - except for 3d grass and high resolution textures, that's it? really?

even without any competition on the market that looks massively underwhelming

One noticable change is that it seems there is more free movement of the ball. We can not judge the defensive AI because this videos show us Player vs Player games. I wish someone will upload a video of the sliders in 14.

A hands-on

videogamer

It does seem sarcastic, especially when everyone said precisely that Fabregas looked like a wax model, and then he goes ahead and mentions that on FIFA RTWC and says Fabregas looked like the real one was trapped in the TV :LOL:

I imagine he didn't play PES because he thought that was real football then!? :P

If I was a Fifa fan (and im not) id be disapointed by this. It looks the same as previous fifas.

Doesn't look 'Next-Gen' at all but again it could be their 'FIFA 07' and we'll see the real leap in quality the following year.

I once looked at FIFA & PES on PS3 in a local shop.. they do not look as crisp as what i've been seeing or playing in my notebook. I presumed it's gpu limitation ?

So.. what we probably will see on TV for the next gen console version, FIFA 14 will be as crisp as what we've seen lately.

In terms of graphic, it is actually a progress.. next gen look, isn't it ? Since you'll have a powerful enough as +/- AMD HD 7850 GPU.

Seriously, weren't jumping over the ball and chesting the ball over the defender already present in FIFA 13 ? I swear I've seen or done them and they're presented as something new ? As elite movement ? Also you still see weird things like Iniesta making an outside of the left foot pass

If I was a Fifa fan (and im not) id be disapointed by this. It looks the same as previous fifas.

So if you're not a fan of FIFA, are you here just to bash the game? In fact, aside from Placebo, are there any actual fans of the game in this forum at the moment?

Anyways, every year it's exactly the same: people condemn the game based on shaky cam vids which are absolute terrible representations of the game.

Why oh why people put so much stock in these horrible vids - none of which are of next gen gameplay - and yet conveniently disregard all the actual hands-on impressions in which people mention how much an improvement things like Precision Movement are? Makes no sense, unless of course you're just trying to hate for the sake of it.

I just wonder if IGN and Gamespot vids aren't taken from Next Gen version already...

And I wouldn't believe ANY previews coming from press. EA is known to give money to people who write great things about their games (actually it's common for all big companies, not only EA).

Until you play it yourself and see for yourself how much of a bullshit EA Sports marketing really is.

I am just saying, all those features they say they put into game, sound really great on paper, before game is released.

After that, it's screw you believers. We got your money.

NONE of the changes they have made to the game since FIFA 11 was really groundbreaking or changed how FIFA plays. Especially online. Loads of hoax, no substance. Each year the same story repeats itself, sadly.

Last edited:

So if you're not a fan of FIFA, are you here just to bash the game? In fact, aside from Placebo, are there any actual fans of the game in this forum at the moment?

Anyways, every year it's exactly the same: people condemn the game based on shaky cam vids which are absolute terrible representations of the game.

Why oh why people put so much stock in these horrible vids - none of which are of next gen gameplay - and yet conveniently disregard all the actual hands-on impressions in which people mention how much an improvement things like Precision Movement are? Makes no sense, unless of course you're just trying to hate for the sake of it.

Blame nick channon for all these latest mess at its best. :P

Says the guy who played the same PES title since PES 6. And EVERY year headlines about the game read the King is Back...what a joke.

Last edited:

The real competition this year is between PES 2014 and Fifa 14-Next-Gen-version.

Currentgen-Fifa14 seems like it won't stand a chance.

I just wonder if IGN and Gamespot vids aren't taken from Next Gen version already...

And I wouldn't believe ANY previews coming from press. EA is known to give money to people who write great things about their games (actually it's common for all big companies, not only EA).

Until you play it yourself and see for yourself how much of a bullshit EA Sports marketing really is.

I am just saying, all those features they say they put into game, sound really great on paper, before game is released.

After that, it's screw you believers. We got your money.

NONE of the changes they have made to the game since FIFA 11 was really groundbreaking or changed how FIFA plays. Especially online. Loads of hoax, no substance. Each year the same story repeats itself, sadly.

That's a pretty cynical view of the press, which considering that some of the hands-on impressions were negative, like from Eurogamer, doesn't quite hold water. And I trust the guys at FUThead News - they're just FIFA fans like many of us.

I guess everything's in the eye of the beholder but personally I think it's overly harsh to say that the Impact Engine (after the first year) and the new first touch feature were pretty substantial additions to the game.

Honestly, if your opinion of FIFA is truly what you say it is, why do you even bother wasting your time on the game?

Back
Top Bottom