Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

Yep I've seen the same thing.

Maybe it's just me but I've seen far less of the super freebies available especially when starting a new season? It used to be there'd be 6-7 who'd be worth a total of something like £20m but now after three seasons I'm lucky to find one available who's worth more than £1m.

Started a temporary ( maybe 2 seasons or 3 ) with Real Madrid on World Class default sliders. Sold quite a few guys like Pepe, Khedira, Di Maria, Albiol, Carvalho and Arbeloa and I bought in David Silva, Gareth Bale and Falcao. In my first match against Barcelona in the first leg of the Spanish Supercopa I was losing 0-2 to 2 Messi goals, but I brought on Kaka and he scored twice to ensure a 2-2 draw, and then I beat Barca 2-3 in the second leg thanks to goals from Bale, Essien and Ronaldo to win the Supercup! On the opening matchday of La Liga against Valencia, Soldado opened the scoring 0-1 to Valencia but two strikes from Ronaldo and Essien put Madrid 2-1 up before Falcao struck right before halftime to make it 3-1! In the second half Cristiano scored twice more to complete his hattrick while Soldado grabbed his second of the night in a 5-2 win for Madrid. Following which Madrid proceeded to thrash Granada 5-1 with a hattrick from Kaka and goals from Falcao and David Silva! Loving it so far, the squad is really nice, using a 3-2-2-2-1 formation like so:

Casillas
Ramos---Varane---Marcelo
Alonso------------Essien
Ozil----------------Bale
D.Silva-----------------------Cristiano Ronaldo
Falcao

Will keep you guys updated on this one!

Maybe it's just me but I've seen far less of the super freebies available especially when starting a new season? It used to be there'd be 6-7 who'd be worth a total of something like £20m but now after three seasons I'm lucky to find one available who's worth more than £1m.

Yeah, it was only until the third season really that the super freebies began to appear.

Porto offered me £37.5 mil for Sosa Pena haha... shame I was holding out for 50 :P

I think it simply varies between different CMs, and then between different transfer windows within a CM.

For example, I'm in the third season too, and in the recent winter window I had about a dozen fake players worth about a mil each, whereas the summer window prior, there weren't more than a half dozen of the same quality.

It just sucks - or I guess it's funny, depending on your perspective - how unrealistic these players often are (same with youth academy players). For example, the most highly valued freebie in my current transfer window was a 6'6" English CAM with five star skills. Talk about really weird programing that so many of the fake players in FIFA 13 are often so extreme one way or the other in height.

That said, though I typically try to avoid these so called fake players, mostly because I can't stand the black silhouettes, some of my best match performers in FIFA 13 have been either youth academy players or fake free agents.

Haha dudes are pretty funny. A while ago I was looking for a new left back and I automatically checked the free agents to begin (it's a formality for me) and there was this Brazilian dude - fast as lightning, 5 star skills, and he also had some pretty solid scores for the defensive stats too. I was pleased with this discovery, as i'm sure you can imagine... until I looked at his height. 6"8, he was SIX FOOT EIGHT!

These fake (youth) players always have weird stats. One star weak foot combined with five star skills, or random peaks of 90 for reactions or something. I once had a rightfooted left back (one star weak foot of course) with almost all of his stats in the mid fifties, except for attack position and vision, which were 85-90, as a result of which his overall rating propelled to 71 or something. These randomly generated stats were a real disappointment to me. I now no longer see the value of scouting, because there's hardly ever a player you can really use in your squad. The only value is in selling them, but I would prefer to keep them for my own team, even though I hate the black silhouettes as well.

Anyway, I really hope next year's Fifa will tackle this problem.

!!!!Real Madrid Career Mode Update!!!!

Latest Results:

Getafe 0-4 Real Madrid

NEXT UP ON ESPN: A clash of two of Europe's heavyweights, BORUSSIA DORTMUND-REAL MADRID! TUNE IN ON ESPN!

championsLeague.jpg

images

Coming up soon: Borussia Dortmund VS Real Madrid in the group stages of the Champions League? Who will win? Will it be chuck full of goals? Will Dortmund surprise everyone? Or will Madrid win as is expected? Tune it to see!

Okay guys, since this is a big game I think I'll record the game and post it on here for you guys to see it!

images

REAL MADRID 1-1 BORUSSIA DORTMUND FT

Wasn't able to record it guys, sorry!

The titanic Champions League clash at the Bernabeau between Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund finished in a 1-1 stalemate, Cristiano Ronaldo striking in the 88th minute to avoid a first defeat in 2012-13 for his team!

UCL_Real-Madrid-Manchester-City.jpg

MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID COMING SOON!!!

Real Madrid, having drawn their last match in the continental competition will be eager for a win, and are heading into the game on good form after defeating Sevilla 3-1 and Rayo Vallecano 4-0. City, on the other hand, have won their last UCL match 2-1 against Ajax and Mancini's men will be eager to give themselves a considerable lead over the other 3 teams in the group with 3 points over Madrid!

LOS BLANCOS VS THE SKY BLUES, COMING SOON!

Quick catch up on my vp career, after my short loan with Port Vale I was sent back to Tottenham. However they still didn't want me to play dispite now being a 77 CAM now. I request a transfer but they declined!! Don't want me to play but want to keep me?? wth??
Anyway few loan offers come in thru july and all came to an end August 28th!!! Received a few transfer offers and one prime one came through from Napoli so I snapped it up. So I have now signed for Napoli, however knowing them I won't get a 1st team slot straight away back to england on loan I go, off to Promotion seeking Nottingham Forest. Looking forward to it!!!

UCL_Real-Madrid-Manchester-City.jpg

FT: MANCHESTER CITY 2-1 REAL MADRID

Los Blancos tasted their first defeat of the season in Eastlands Manchester and Kun Aguero and Tevez put City 2-0 up before Xabi Alonso gave the visitors a 2-1 consolation late on!

NEXT UP:

real-madrid-vs-barcelona.jpg

BARCELONA-REAL MADRID

Yeah, Clasico time again! COMING SOON!!

real-madrid-vs-barcelona.jpg

FT: FC Barcelona 2-3 Real Madrid

The Clasico at Camp Nou finished 3-2 in favour of Real Madrid! Falcao and Bale put Los Blancos 0-2 up but 2 last ten minutes goals from Fabregas and Adriano pegged it back at 2-2. However, a 90th minute penalty was awarded to Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo bagged it in to finish the game 2-3 Madrid.

Sorry guys but I quickly got bored of the Real Madrid career mode. I never tried the Saudi Arabia league so I started a new CM with Al Shabab from Saudi. Will update when progress is made.

These fake (youth) players always have weird stats. One star weak foot combined with five star skills, or random peaks of 90 for reactions or something. I once had a rightfooted left back (one star weak foot of course) with almost all of his stats in the mid fifties, except for attack position and vision, which were 85-90, as a result of which his overall rating propelled to 71 or something.

Most of my fake players are giants, and they usually seem to be incredibly fast as well. It starts to detract from immersion slightly when most of your team has Messi's acceleration and Bale's pace.

The weak foot/skill rating is jacked up as well. It never seems to match their position. I've got a CM and CB with 5 star skills, but withered, useless left feet.

Regarding the silhouettes, I don't understand why they don't show the CPU generated face like they do with your pro.

Oh, and for people requesting transfers/loans from their parent clubs in VP, you can just re-request again and again until they say yes. I've been turned down, immediately asked again and then been told okay. It seems sort of random.

Last edited:
I really struggle to find a career mode that I generally enjoy, if I sim every game, no sense of accomplishment and I finish about 1 season and if I play games I make it to the end of the first transfer window, don't like being lower league teams and don't like teams with huge budgets (no more than £30mill) any suggestions? Must be a top league. E.g. EPL, Serie A, BBVA etc..

If you can't enjoy doing a CM with the team you support I can't imagine you ever enjoying CM to be completely honest, I'd personally imagine a lot of fun could be had with a QPR CM, achieve Prem stability, then push on for trophies/Europe etc. etc. My serious CM is always with Wednesday and my "fun" CM is always with Newcastle, they especially are a nice team to use as they have some excellent players after the last window.

If you can't enjoy doing a CM with the team you support I can't imagine you ever enjoying CM to be completely honest, I'd personally imagine a lot of fun could be had with a QPR CM, achieve Prem stability, then push on for trophies/Europe etc. etc. My serious CM is always with Wednesday and my "fun" CM is always with Newcastle, they especially are a nice team to use as they have some excellent players after the last window.
I love their squad, but they feel so sluggish on CM (QPR), straight after I posted that, I found a career mode I'm surprisingly enjoying, Bolton Wanderers, promotion push, good squad, decent budget :). Also after only 18 games I'm the manager of Belgium:)

Last edited:
im now the manager of Liverpool after being offered the job in January. I had to sell Suarez since i hardly had any money on my transfer budget. I had to replace him as soon as possible because Andy Carrol is out on loan and he aint good enough for me so i bought Emannual Emimeke for 12 million.He scored in his debut in our 3-1 win against Arsenal. HIS STRENGH IS AMAZING AND HIS SHOTS ARE JUST LETHAL !

I think that when you receive an offer from a club , in counter offer there should be the option to include a player, so you're saying give me this much and that player for my player

I signed a free agent, he is 18 and was rated 75 overall. Logically I assumed there is no way is has peaked as its only the second season on career mode.

He has played 4 games so far scored 2 goals but his overall rating is now 74, a minus 1 growth.

Has anyone come across this?

I have never seen a young player's have 'negative growth', what does this mean. Has he peaked at 18?

Back
Top Bottom