Fifa 13: Career Mode Discussions

Ok that makes sense, I think I might adopt something like that when I start my proper CM, or even ban myself from signing any free transfers (that aren't real players)/scouted players.

One thing I hate is how messed up it is that any real player >69 will never be released on a free and somehow magically always agrees a new contract which is just bullshit, sure it would be silly if Messi was available on a free transfer but you should still find the odd gem available, same in that almost never will you find a young player >69 transfer listed except the odd occasion when a story kicks one up.

I am actually looking at my total transfer budget (not wages). So if my current total yearly budget is 2 mil (sheffield), I can sign a free player(s) worth total 0.4 mil.
If I didn't apply that rule, I could sign a couple of free players with low wages and market value of couple of mil and sell them in next transfer window; that would double my budget to 4mil and that is IMO a cheat.

That's a good idea. The only problem is it would scupper you signing decent older free agents as a lowly league 2 type team, which is a perfectly viable thing to do.

I suppose you could set a total wage limit of 20% full budget, and a progressive minimum age limit, to allow you to bid on older realistic free agents, but not the young 'uns.

You can find some solid older free agents if you apply that rule. I have signed this guy as free agent in my first season as sheff utd in league 1: http://sofifa.com/en/fifa13/player/146825-ahmed-fathy
His wage was 3000 and his market value was about 350.000.
Good enough for league 1 and IMO it would be unrealistic to sign (for free) a player worth that much in league 2 team.

I hope that they work a bit on free agets in fifa14.
It seems that cpu teams never sign free agent. In fifa12 there was that gk (higuita look-a-like) that would never be signed by cpu. You could easily sign him for minimum wage and sell him for 500.000+
Now in my fifa13 there is some italian ST youngster sitting in free agents pool last two seasons. His market value is already 3 mil and cpu will not sign him. Silly.

Last edited:
same in that almost never will you find a young player >69 transfer listed except the odd occasion when a story kicks one up.

There is a work-around (kind of):
Youngsters with market value of high 60s and high potential often get loan-listed by larger clubs. Just loan them and put some low buyout value. They often agree.
I got Vilhena and Bittencourt like that.

Damn this season is proving hard lol

Currently sitting 2nd place in premier league 3 pts behind Tottenham!!
Beat Manchester City in the Capital One Cup Final 4-3 on Penalties(2nd yr in a row)

City have gotten their revenge by beating me 3-0 in the FA Cup Quarter Final(2nd time couldnt win it)

Into Quarter Final of the Champions Cup against AC Milan
passed through the 1st Knockout round v dortmund 2-2 1st leg 5-3 2nd leg!

Full Update at the end of the season.

Last edited:
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

I'm in year 2015 with my Liverpool team and I won the premier league the year before and the champions league, games were quite hard but I managed to get the results and dominate some matches.

Now, in this season started decent was top of the league when all of a sudden the game seems to get so much harder, I've slipped to 5th in about 5 games cos I can't get a result played in CL games and FA cup games and again it's almost impossible, instead of the teams just pressing for the last 10 mins they are doin this throughout and even when winning!

Something seems to have changed its definitely still on WC always play on that but it's just so different, what's going on?

Ok So Now for my League season Update.

Premier League - Frustrating season but I did it in the end. For ages I was behind the pack for about 50% of the season then I built up to the top,,well 2nd where I stayed until I pulled off great showing at Manchester Utd Winning 4-1(from 1-0 down 2nd min)
Meanwhile Stoke held Spurs to a 1-1 draw.
I was 4 ts behind reduced to just 1 pt.
one more win for me and and 1 draw for spurs saw me go above them by 1 pt. Then the penultimate climax the winner would surely becrowned champions. Result Liverpool 1-1 Spurs(I scored in the 90th min via returning David Villa)
Then i won against Newcastle extending to 4 pts(think Spurs lost)
They gave me the title(I am assuming because of goal difference as if i had lost against southampton and spurs win v Hull we would be level)
Last Game of the season Hull City 2-2 Spurs Liverpool 2-1 Southampton.
LFC finished with 88 pts Spurs on 83.
Alot closer then my first season.

FA Cup -
Again I was not to win it losing in the QF to the eventual winners Manchester City(they beat Man Utd in the Final)

Capital one Cup -
Won 2nd yr in a row as stated earlier beating Manchester City on Penalties 4-3 after a 1-1 draw.

Champions Cup -
I made it to the Semis!!!
I lost out through a 1st Leg loss to Barcelona(3-1) Managed to come back in the 2nd leg to win 2-1 although i should have gone through on away goals due to a dubious decision to award Barca a penalty(messi scored) even though nothing happened?!? Anyway better luck next season.

Transfers -
OUT
Brad Jones to QPR
Raheem Sterling to Galatasaray on Loan
Jonjo Shelvey to Sunderland
Andy Carroll to Palermo
Jay Spearing to Aston Villa
Joe Allen to Borussia Dortmund
Jose Reina to Bayern Munich

IN
Jordi Alba
David Villa(rocket of a shot from outside the area)
Luchiano Becchio
Manuel Neuer

I am also about to Take charge of Denmark through the World Championship.
Wish Me Luck and i will be back for the new season soon

Does anybody know what happens if you sign to manage a different club during the season? do you go straight to that club or do you start at the beginning of the following season.

I'm into my third season and wasn't given any option to go to a different club at the start of the season. I have looked at the job section during in the season and have had Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd offer me a contract but I'd prefer a move to Spain or Italy.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

I'm in year 2015 with my Liverpool team and I won the premier league the year before and the champions league, games were quite hard but I managed to get the results and dominate some matches.

Now, in this season started decent was top of the league when all of a sudden the game seems to get so much harder, I've slipped to 5th in about 5 games cos I can't get a result played in CL games and FA cup games and again it's almost impossible, instead of the teams just pressing for the last 10 mins they are doin this throughout and even when winning!

Something seems to have changed its definitely still on WC always play on that but it's just so different, what's going on?

It happens very often in this game in one part of the season. Your team plays out of form and cant win a match. It is probably programmed to simulate real life ups and downs of teams.

Does anybody know what happens if you sign to manage a different club during the season? do you go straight to that club or do you start at the beginning of the following season.

I'm into my third season and wasn't given any option to go to a different club at the start of the season. I have looked at the job section during in the season and have had Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd offer me a contract but I'd prefer a move to Spain or Italy.

I was wondering that myself. I am also playing my third season but only ever had job offers from Spurs lol

Ive managed to build a decent Liverpool squad so i wouldnt really fancy staying in the same league as them if i moved lol

My VP career has been compromised!!

Went to load up my game and my last few saves were not there?! Could only go back to January 31st and I tried to reset and load again and could only find one from November?! The January one pops up every now and again, but that is a while ago and I was still at Roma (have played 2-3 months of my Bayern career).

What the hell is going on there?

I started a new one as a midfielder at Arsenal, hoping that my last save for my other VP will miraculously appear just as it has dissappeared :((

Very shit.

Don't worry everybody,everything seems ok now. For some reason it is now a save from November 2005?! I don't care, just as long as I have it :))

I am enjoying my midfield career now though. Have been loaned out to Accrington Stanley, its very hard. Mid table at the minute. They are playing me more defensively, so I am building up my tackling and passing stats.

I'm really enjoying it :DD

Don't worry everybody,everything seems ok now. For some reason it is now a save from November 2005?! I don't care, just as long as I have it :))

I am enjoying my midfield career now though. Have been loaned out to Accrington Stanley, its very hard. Mid table at the minute. They are playing me more defensively, so I am building up my tackling and passing stats.

I'm really enjoying it :DD

Ive decided to start a player career myself on xbox(in order to gain achievements of course)

Decided to Create myself as A CAM for Spurs instead of my usual Striker position for liverpool.

Already I have been put on the loan list this time before the first friendly(with lfc its usually after the 3 friendlies lol)

Any tips on having a good season? Never done a midfield one before lol

Ive decided to start a player career myself on xbox(in order to gain achievements of course)

Decided to Create myself as A CAM for Spurs instead of my usual Striker position for liverpool.

Already I have been put on the loan list this time before the first friendly(with lfc its usually after the 3 friendlies lol)

Any tips on having a good season? Never done a midfield one before lol

I'm not talking to you because you are playing as Spurs....:PP

It is my first time as well, I put my player as a playmaker and at Accrington am being played more as a defensive midfielder. But I am more box to box than anything.

I am concentrating on just keeping the ball and passing it around and tackling. Spreading play and trying to create openings, rather than sprinting up pitch and trying to score a lot of goals.

I am getting some high ratings like 9.7 is my highest ever rating and I didn't score I think I may have set up 1 goal (We won 2-1), I just made sure my passing and tacking were top notch. I never got such a high rating as a striker before.

You need to think of the game completely differently and I am loving it at the moment.

I'm not talking to you because you are playing as Spurs....:PP

It is my first time as well, I put my player as a playmaker and at Accrington am being played more as a defensive midfielder. But I am more box to box than anything.

I am concentrating on just keeping the ball and passing it around and tackling. Spreading play and trying to create openings, rather than sprinting up pitch and trying to score a lot of goals.

I am getting some high ratings like 9.7 is my highest ever rating and I didn't score I think I may have set up 1 goal (We won 2-1), I just made sure my passing and tacking were top notch. I never got such a high rating as a striker before.

You need to think of the game completely differently and I am loving it at the moment.

PMSL

Tbh I didnt look who i was choosing, I closed my eyes flicked right on the pl teams and stopped after 10 secs lol it landed on spurs. Don't intend on staying there. Will be putting it on in a lil bit(kids watchin the tv) and have a go :)

I have started a new career mode with Bradford City. I will be staying with this club progressing all the way to the EPL.

Signings
CAM Sarmov 65 - Free Agent
LB Robinson 63 - On loan
RB Akundele 52

Im really enjoying playing with this team. Im still unbeaten in the league however i cant remember some of the results so im gonna have to check and post them later.

Ok so I am atm annoyed with playing with Spurs! lol Not really surprised.
I thought i would try and break into the team properly instead of loaned out straight away. So I reject EVERY loan offer. Transfer window come and go. I have played FIVE matches only that is all. None in the PL all been Friendlies or Cups!!

Cannot fulfill the expectations cos they dont play me!! Jan window is now just over a month away so I will accept any loan offer just to be able to progress cos i am still a 67 cam grr

Got the sack at Rayo Vallecano, the team was good but I think a lack of depth and consistency just killed it! 20 goals in 29 games made Baptistao (spelling?) was impressive for the 19 year old hit man.

Anyway, a new career beckons when I take up a new job elsewhere, I'll probably head back to the premier league!

Yeah best to always go on loan for first season and then second season you get more games

Well ive played 6/7 i think now a and scored 9.

Into jan now so see who offers.
Had transfer offer from Sporting CP but im looking for the loan lol

I have joined Port Vale on Loan for the remainder of the season. :)

Last edited:
Hey stylez 1892 you obviously werent gonna break into the first team with your CAM 67 pro when Spurs already have Dempesy and Dembele. So Port Vale on loan is a chance for your pro to play way more matches. However PV arent that good. I Destroyed them 5-1 with Bradford City.

My Career Mode
Bradford City starting XI

GK Duke 59
RB Darby 62
CB Davies 68
CB McArdle 62
LB Robinson 63
RM Hines 68
CM Jones 63
CM Doyle 63
LM Reid 62
CAM Sarmov 65
ST Nakki Wells 63

Last edited:
Hey stylez 1892 you obviously werent gonna break into the first team with your CAM 67 pro when Spurs already have Dempesy and Dembele. So Port Vale on loan is a chance for your pro to play way more matches. However PV arent that good. I Destroyed them 5-1 with Bradford City.

Yeh i gathered that, good that it actually follows real life though. I went straight out on loan with my first one with liverpool.

On the contrary port vale seem quite good even though I have played only 3 matches with them tonight. I started in feb 13 just after the transfer window. They were placed 7th in league 2 after 31 matches.

They are now 5th place with 12 matches left to go. I do believe that Bradford are 2nd or 3rd. Rotherham leading.

It has actually been quite good cos of how far through the season i joined i chose the 'Goal News' only for the 2 clubs I was battling for position with. Bristol Rovers & Southend.

Looking forward to playing some more tomorrow and see what happens.

On a nice note for me being an Liverpool fan. Thru the time with Spurs the top battle was between LFC & Chelsea with LFC on top when I left hehe

Last edited:
I started a career with Toulouse and purchased the financial takeover from the catalogue. I decided to just use the existing squad (which is full of promising young players) and buy one 85+ superstar (Hernanes, who plays awesome!) to make the gameplay more interesting.

I managed to finish 3rd in Ligue 1 and my plans for next season were more or less the same: keep my squad and buy one superstar, probably an LM or RM. I never play with five star teams, because I can't see the challenge in that, but it feels great to be able to play with at least one 85+ player in your team, even more so since I'm not used to it.

At the end of season 1 I had about 10 million transfer budget left and the board gave me 8 million for finishing third. However, at the start of the second season I had a "measly" 21 million euros to spend, with 100,000 salary money. So the financial takeover apparently applies only to the first season?! Furthermore, I always thought that the money you didn't spend in one season would be added up to your budget for the next season, but here that doesn't seem the case at all. But the board does expect me to win the league, reach the cup final and the semi-final of the "Champions Cup", which I don't think is very realistic.

Suffice it to say, a real disappointment, and I'm now much less inclined to continue this career, beacuse it messes up my plans. Of course 20 million is still a lot of money, but with the extra European games I will need a couple of extra players as well, because my squad is not that deep, and then most of that money will be gone.

Oh, and by the way, I really hate how you no longer can finish one season and then have a couple of teams which you can choose from for the next one.

Last edited:
Doing really well with Port Vale atm.
Unbeaten in all matches. My Pro has rocketed up to a 75 CAM

Biting on the heals of Bradford City who are 3rd place with 79(PV has 75)
Chesterfield are 2nd and Rotherham look to win the League 2 title.

Only 4-5 games left of the season.

Does anyone know if Port Vale finish in the play off places whether my loaned VP would play in them or go back to Spurs??

My Accrington Stanley Loan is tough, Still mid table well off the pace coming up to December. Still in the FA cup though past the first couple of rounds.

I am doing well in my midfield position, but the team is struggling for goals, lots of draws and last minute defeats :((

I like it though, it is quite realistic and what a young player would go through to build up his game.

Hopefully I can get up near the playoffs near the end of the season and have a decent cup run.

Wonder if the new update has fixed some of the "lost" takeovers because I was playing CM just now, quit to the main menu for something, then when I loaded my last save I got the screen saying Newcastle had been taken over and I suddenly had an extra £45m in the bank :)

I did it lol Sorry Bradford!!!

Managed to Secure Port Vale Automatic Promotion to League One.
Sadly I am now back at Spurs.

20130212_141853.jpg

20130212_141900.jpg

BUT Can somebody tell me How Chesterfield, Bristol Rovers & Plymouth Played 47 Games with there only being 46 that can be played?? Didnt catch the bottom half of the table lol

Hi guys,

I noticed something weird this evening while playing with my Plymouth Argyle team - the OVR rating for at least one of my players is different when viewed in the 'edit players' section of career mode, rather than the usual squad report section.

I'm referring to this player - Sosa Pena - who is rated 80 in the squad report section, yet when i was doing a bit of 'boot changing' he was up at 82; I re-checked squad report but he was still sitting at 80 on there. Strange.

I assume he has actually gone up to 82 but it won't register on squad report until the start of next season (I've had random bursts of player growth often at the start of a season); I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I haven't posted in a while so here's my squad if anyone is interested, I'm currently adopting a 4-2-3-1 formation:

GK. Rafael (Cabral) 81
RB. Joe Riley 80
CB. Dorde Basta 81
CB. John Emerton 77
LB. Arnold Angoula 74
RW. Boadu Maxwell Acosty 80
CM. Federico Bassi 77
CDM. Connor Coady
LW. Rustem Golubov 78
CAM. Jose Maria Sosa Pena 80/82
ST. Biagio Benedetti 85

Subs

GK. Marc Vidal 76
CB. Curtis Nelson 74
CM. Alexander Haag 74
CM. Luke Young 75
CAM. Franco Alfageme 73
RW. Andres Gurrieri 76
ST. Matt Lecointe 75

My only notable reserve players are:

ST. Ilija Bilic 72
LW. Mathias Cisse 76
RB. Durrell Berry 71
CB. Daniele Tavano 73
LB. Shaun Jones 70

The remaining players are all youth players who I've failed to secure loan deals for, but I do have high hopes for them.

And just to add to your discussion about using promising free agents as a way of making it almost too easy: I've brought in tonnes of those free agents, heck about 70% of my squad is made up of those guys. I often want to bypass them and not pick them up when I see them; but it just seems like too good an opportunity to turn down. Plus, if it turns out I don't like them very much or they don't fit my system, I can just sell them on for a bucket load of cash (Usually about £5 million a pop, which adds up when you can sell off 3 in the one window like I just did). Don't get me wrong though, I don't buy any old dude just to make a profit, I only buy for the positions I need... and then sell if it doesn't work out.

... man, this is a long post.

Back
Top Bottom