FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I'm getting thrashed against the AI on Pro, it's awesome.

Two audio things I noticed that were very, very nice. First, I played a game as Newcastle at home to Swansea, and went 1-0 down. The crowd was almost silent apart from the tiny, distant noise of a few away fans. Superb touch with the sound. Second, and I had no idea the game did this, but I played another friendly afterwards and the commentators were suddenly Clive Tyldsesley and Andy Townsend. Had no idea they were also in this game!

Dont even think of getting it on PS3, if you've got a good PC. PC all the way! I played the early release PS3 version and its pure crap compared to PC.

The only thing, of course you need to know a bit about the PC and if there are bugs with stuttering use the D3DOverrider or Nvidia/ATI control panel to force AA and disable the in-game AA. That's all. But not even all people have this issue.

Otherwise the game runs at 1080p, 60fps, load times are 10x faster than consoles, graphics is better, and if you want i bet there will be patches for faces later on.

Also, I don't have issues finding games, but there are less people online than on consoles obviously. So keep that in mind.

ok tnx ill go for pc its cheaper also.

is it direct x 11 or not? prob not I guess?

The AI seems to do something similar, I think it's just a case of using the direction stick at the right time?

The right stick 'knock on' move seems far too overpowered in this game though, maybe it's the effects of the sliders but with fast players it causes absolute mayhem. I'm just gonna opt not to use it most of the time. When you have slower slider settings it can be used to create an absolute ton of space, which isn't good really.

Could it be that you were pushing the right stick twice, causing the ball to roll far? I kinda like that they've added two types of knockons in the game. Useful when a defender is trying to brush me away from the ball so I push it far ahead of me to take advantage of my faster sprint to get out of the jostle.

I enjoyed the game to much except from one big issue. I love playing against CPU. In demo CPU tries lots of varieties and lots of long rage shots. Now, long range shots were disappeared and they just make passes and passes forever. Actually It annoys me to much, and I do not know whether it can be sorted out by patch or not. Did anybody notice and complains about it???

Awesome game but it has problems that need to be fixed:

1) GK bug in online where you press back and play only the gk and the AI plays perfect for you team. Unfair

2) framerate drops especially in freek kick, goal kick and crowded places

3) guest play in head to head seasons

Besides that excellent game

EA please fix the above...

I am enjoying the game but i am a bit concerned that there are very rarely any fouls. I played a 20 min game West Ham (me) v Huddersfield and there was ONE foul all game by me. The game finished 4-3 so it's not like it was a boring match, so there should have been some fouls. Does anybody know if EA are going to fix this because it could be a game breaker for me. Because no fouls=no injuries=no yellow cards=no red cards=lack of realism.

I have tried the sliders to make the marking tighter hoping that this may generate more fouls but it's not happening. I even went back to 'legendary defending' to see if the old way would make more fouls but it's the same.

Anyone else finding this annoying? Don't get me wrong the game is great. But would be more realistic if the cpu would panic sometimes when defending or the refs were more strict.

anyways about 5 of us where playing clubs last night and we had a blast. we began to gel and pass the ball better but we could not create many chances but our defending and overal ball retentions was good.

Will take a few weeks for us to gel and when more people join us it will be even better.

Hard to explain but this mode is the best mode on fifa. As almost revolutionary as first footy game that allowed you to play 1v1 with a mate.

Is there a way to see who you are playing and cancel before game starts, keep getting stupid fucks picking Brazil and Germany? Villa vs Germany WTF?

Could it be that you were pushing the right stick twice, causing the ball to roll far? I kinda like that they've added two types of knockons in the game. Useful when a defender is trying to brush me away from the ball so I push it far ahead of me to take advantage of my faster sprint to get out of the jostle.

Is it actually possible to push the stick twice for a longer knock on? I hadn't heard of that. If so then maybe I'm doing that, but I think it's just a single push of the stick. Sometimes you glide past players but on reflection I think it's because it's only Professional level and the AI simply doesn't bother sprinting sometimes to keep up. Still difficult though.

I tried Brighton v Blackpool earlier, the game played just like a Championship match thanks to the pass error slider. Both teams were mid-hitting it all over the place, and the game was won by a close range effort late on from a scramble from a corner. Awesome.

The friendlies are annoying in CM mode - anyone else pointed this out yet? As Southend, I got Man City (h), Inter (A) and Wigan (A). Totally ridiculous. Should be allowed to pick your own friendlies.

Is it actually possible to push the stick twice for a longer knock on? I hadn't heard of that. If so then maybe I'm doing that, but I think it's just a single push of the stick. Sometimes you glide past players but on reflection I think it's because it's only Professional level and the AI simply doesn't bother sprinting sometimes to keep up. Still difficult though.

Yup I believe I saw somebody here mentioning it. Found a quote from Rutter anyway:

In previous FIFAs – from 10 onwards – we had 360 degree dribbling, which gave you directional freedom. With precision dribbling you have distance freedom, so all of a sudden you can take touches in any direction and over any distance – obviously not crazy far, although we do have a double knock-on now, so for skillful players you can double tap the right stick and it'll do a double knock-on, which is great if you've got a very fast sprinter.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1192572p1.html

Cheers that's interesting, I'll try that later.

Anyone tried their virtual pro? Still getting crazy white face tones on an almost orange looking neck. It worked perfectly in FIFA 10 & 11, can't get it looking right. Has the tech changed or something, meaning it works better if you use new photos and start from scratch?

Alright, so i have played around 30 online matches. Friendlies, ranked, slow, normal, manual and semi.

In all those matches i have not once scored a headed goal from a cross. I have also not conceded a single headed goal from a cross.

Especially when playing online with manual controls it seems that crossing is unrealistically ineffective. I'm quit experienced with manual controls.

Has anyone els had a similar experience?

Not at all.

When hitting a corner, push forward on the stick and power it half/3 quarters of the way and you will usually get a free header at goal from my experience, it's something that ain't been fixed from FIFA 11 and still infuriates me.

Ah then yeah, manual crosses are very difficult now imo... but I started using L1 and Y for high balls instead of crossing and had more success.

ok i'll give that a try aswell. I also tried using the low cross modifier (mine is R2) and then almost maxing out the cross button. But that works better ofline then online.

But it's too bad. In real life strikers score headers way more often than i can in fifa 12

Are you guys finding precision dribble useful? I haven't got the hang of it yet and doesn't really know when to use it in a successful way.

Not exactly, but its mostly useful for just making space... not taking a man on.

The contexual dribbling with just the left stick is much more useful imo.

Are you guys finding precision dribble useful? I haven't got the hang of it yet and doesn't really know when to use it in a successful way.

It's good trying to make space in the offensive zone. also useful when you have to have a couple of defenders pressing you. I can't beat anyone but I can make enough room to make a pass.

I still find it completely useless in or just outside the box, same with the majority of dribbling... the AI just don't seem to miss a tackle in those situations.

I use it regularly to just sidestep a square on defender and get myself into position for a shot on goal.

Inside the box? Have you edited your sliders at all? b/c I played on professional and they'd pretty much always take the ball with a perfect standing tackle. Passing was always a better option.

For the Arab commentary info, I've got the US PS3 version and I have English (with both sets of commentators), French and "Mexican Spanish".

Played a couple of games, liking it.

Back
Top Bottom