FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Pfft, maybe I'm just plain unlucky but I despise playing against the AI. Newcastle v Stoke, World Class, I create tons of chances but can't score, AI has two shots on target and scores two goals, one a free kick by Etherington, another a brilliant Robert Huth finish after a Barcelona-style passing move. Hate it.

Online against non-randoms is brilliant though. What an absolutely magnificent game of football this can be, never expected that after FIFA 10 and 11.

Yeah the AI just prefer to get into the box and shoot when its closed enough. Unlike the demo, it have plenty of them.

You know this game is really, really good. The only thing letting it down is the cpu trying to walk the ball into the net. Thats very disappointing as you dont get to see your keeper needing to make stretched saves. i havent seen the cpu lace one shot high for the top corner.

When i tweak custom tactics the cpu should take a shots from outside the box like they did last year but this year something is stopping them and i havent worked out why. They always look for a pass even if they have an opening for a shot.

this needs fixing really unless anyone cracks it.

My gameface is the one I used on older FIFA's, and it's all odd. Maybe I need to do it again, the skin tones are white with a sunburnt neck. Looks horrible!

First impressions of the game are that I love it. What the f**k was that demo all about, this plays a million times better. It's slower, feels more deliberate, everything's better.

I've posted in the sliders thread because they make a HUGE difference to everything that annoyed me about the game. The insane speeds the AI turn, sprint, etc are all adjustable. Lowering sprint and acceleration down to 45 seems to do the trick.

Upping the pass error slider to 60 also brings out a massive difference in players with poor passing stats and those with good passing stats.

Okay, it's a first impression only from a game on Professional and a friendly, but the difference between the demo and this final version is night and day, particularly with the slider settings altered. First game, I got my ass kicked, 3-1 at Old Trafford as Man Utd vs Wigan, but was still great. Wigan's first goal was a shot from the edge of the area (which I never saw at all in the demo) and the others were from poor defending by myself and neat dribbles from the AI. I'm not suggesting the AI is any good, just that at least it scored three goals from methods other than crosses and headers, and all this with the acceleration speed reduced which makes all players turn a lot slower.

The sliders have made this game. It brings out a huge difference between players. Playmakers will be able to pass the ball efficiently and smoothly with pass error set to 60, whereas I had Vidic and Ferdinand occasionally mis-hit passes. Those less gifted on the ball were also hitting awkward, bobbling passes that took longer to reach their target. It all makes a difference.

If anyone does adjust the sliders and reduce acceleration, make sure though that you balance it out with the sprint speed. The problem comes when you use the right stick to knock the ball on, which seems to boost the player to maximum sprint speed by bypassing the slower acceleration, making you able to skin defenders easily with pace.

I scored this beauty with Ashley Young in my first game, he hammers the defenders for pace using the right stick knock on, which was a little too effective as the defender's acceleration is slightly reduced. Hopefully altering the overall sprint speed will remove this unbalance.

YouTube - 300911 0247

Last edited:
right just rented the game as a tester its fifa 12 uk version ps3 bles 1381

here are the commentary options

english x2
french
german
hungarian
italian
polish
portugese
russian
spainish
swedish
czech
dutch

its a real shame that arabic is not there please can anyone confirm if they are in the uk and recieved a different version e.g bles 1382 and what options they have?

My gameface is the one I used on older FIFA's, and it's all odd. Maybe I need to do it again, the skin tones are white with a sunburnt neck. Looks horrible!

First impressions of the game are that I love it. What the f**k was that demo all about, this plays a million times better. It's slower, feels more deliberate, everything's better.

I've posted in the sliders thread because they make a HUGE difference to everything that annoyed me about the game. The insane speeds the AI turn, sprint, etc are all adjustable. Lowering sprint and acceleration down to 45 seems to do the trick.

Upping the pass error slider to 60 also brings out a massive difference in players with poor passing stats and those with good passing stats.

Okay, it's a first impression only from a game on Professional and a friendly, but the difference between the demo and this final version is night and day, particularly with the slider settings altered. First game, I got my ass kicked, 3-1 at Old Trafford as Man Utd vs Wigan, but was still great. Wigan's first goal was a shot from the edge of the area (which I never saw at all in the demo) and the others were from poor defending by myself and neat dribbles from the AI. I'm not suggesting the AI is any good, just that at least it scored three goals from methods other than crosses and headers, and all this with the acceleration speed reduced which makes all players turn a lot slower.

The sliders have made this game. It brings out a huge difference between players. Playmakers will be able to pass the ball efficiently and smoothly with pass error set to 60, whereas I had Vidic and Ferdinand occasionally mis-hit passes. Those less gifted on the ball were also hitting awkward, bobbling passes that took longer to reach their target. It all makes a difference.

If anyone does adjust the sliders and reduce acceleration, make sure though that you balance it out with the sprint speed. The problem comes when you use the right stick to knock the ball on, which seems to boost the player to maximum sprint speed by bypassing the slower acceleration, making you able to skin defenders easily with pace.

I scored this beauty with Ashley Young in my first game, he hammers the defenders for pace using the right stick knock on, which was a little too effective as the defender's acceleration is slightly reduced. Hopefully altering the overall sprint speed will remove this unbalance.

YouTube - 300911 0247

I agree although the way the cpu defender stands off your man is weird, hardly puts in a tckle. When ive been enrique or downing they dont commit but they back off. glad you like it it is way better than demo.

LOL did he get a card for that?!

Tried tweaking the sliders more, the game feels better with the only sliders changed being;

Player acceleration & player speed 45 each.
Pass error 63
Injury frequency 60 (thought may increase)
Injury severity 55 (again, may increase).

Been playing it on broadcast camera, lowest angle, highest zoom, on slow, semi for everything except through balls which I have on manual. Plays like a dream so far, I'd really recommend those settings.

I'm getting whooped on Professional even, but the games are so much fun to play. I drew 0-0 with Everton, and lost 1-4 to Arsenal both as Spurs. Player passing error is frequent, for both teams, the AI has scored some great goals to be fair (two from outside the box in three games!) and players do feel different on the slower settings mentioned. For example, like I said before, Modric generally curls his passes pinpoint to the right player, but Dawson and particularly the right back Walker are TERRIBLE at passing. They go to the left/right of their target, are scuffed and bobble all over the place. It's great. Makes you choose who you're going to use for certain types of passes, which is what the game's been missing.

I haven't tried it in CM or on higher difficulties (as I'm getting hammered on Pro anyways) so I can't comment on other aspects of the game but for now this is playing at a realistic pace, with error, and the AI seems to be coping well with it's twisting and turning on the ball being drastically reduced due to the slider alterations. Instead it seems to be up for playing the ball around more, it's coping with having it's major trump card hamstrung by the sliders rather well.

I noticed when playing agaisnt people, when they where controlling players like Wallcott etc. They dodged the deffender.

Its not like the right analogue stick type of dodge where they kick the ball past the deffender and go the opposite site. They simply knock the ball left or right and follow but dodging the deffender.

Any idea how to do this?

The AI seems to do something similar, I think it's just a case of using the direction stick at the right time?

The right stick 'knock on' move seems far too overpowered in this game though, maybe it's the effects of the sliders but with fast players it causes absolute mayhem. I'm just gonna opt not to use it most of the time. When you have slower slider settings it can be used to create an absolute ton of space, which isn't good really.

Ok something interesting ive found experimenting tonight.

The contain button is a problem.

When pressed the a.i reacts to it - in fact they start doing that dribbling thing and trying to be too intricate. If you dont press it, the cpu is a bit more direct and will then start having a few pops at goal from outside the box or whenever a chance presents itself.

Try it.

should I buy this game pc or ps3 whats teh diff?

better gfx on pc?

Dont even think of getting it on PS3, if you've got a good PC. PC all the way! I played the early release PS3 version and its pure crap compared to PC.

The only thing, of course you need to know a bit about the PC and if there are bugs with stuttering use the D3DOverrider or Nvidia/ATI control panel to force AA and disable the in-game AA. That's all. But not even all people have this issue.

Otherwise the game runs at 1080p, 60fps, load times are 10x faster than consoles, graphics is better, and if you want i bet there will be patches for faces later on.

Also, I don't have issues finding games, but there are less people online than on consoles obviously. So keep that in mind.

I noticed when playing agaisnt people, when they where controlling players like Wallcott etc. They dodged the deffender.

Its not like the right analogue stick type of dodge where they kick the ball past the deffender and go the opposite site. They simply knock the ball left or right and follow but dodging the deffender.

Any idea how to do this?

If it's what I think it is, it's just contextual. I've done it online against people and offline against the cpu, just small touches on the stick and the game makes your player do them. Earned a few penalties with the hop at an angle where you touch with the outside of the foot.

Ok something interesting ive found experimenting tonight.

The contain button is a problem.

When pressed the a.i reacts to it - in fact they start doing that dribbling thing and trying to be too intricate. If you dont press it, the cpu is a bit more direct and will then start having a few pops at goal from outside the box or whenever a chance presents itself.

Try it.

I know what you mean. I only use the contain button when they have the ball out wide, seems to put them off crossing the ball which is good because it stops the old 'scoring from crosses' problem to an extent. I have conceded some decent long range efforts tonight so maybe that's why. I rarely use it in and around my own penalty area.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried downloading gameface? I downloaded the same face I'd used for FIFA's 10 and 11, but this time round the colours were all off. So I went to the EA website, slightly altered my face so it looks exactly like a 3D model of my own face, and the skin tones all match etc, then tried re-downloading it and now every time it totally freezes my xbox on 7% of downloading it. I tried a tip I found on Google, to go into your in-game settings, delete the game face data, then re-download. I did that, now it freezes my xbox on 4% :(

Anyone else have problems with this?

Thanks, tried that and it seemed to work :) I started it again from the face creation website using my old photos I uploaded and then downloaded it, and though it works the face is now coming out really bright pink, out of kilter with the rest of my skin tone in-game. On the website it looks perfect. Not sure how to fix that.

Back
Top Bottom