1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by danyjr, 12 April 2011.

1. elouiht

elouiht Premiership

14 October 2003
    herts
    right just rented the game as a tester its fifa 12 uk version ps3 bles 1381

here are the commentary options

english x2
    french
    german
    hungarian
    italian
    polish
    portugese
    russian
    spainish
    swedish
    czech
    dutch

its a real shame that arabic is not there please can anyone confirm if they are in the uk and recieved a different version e.g bles 1382 and what options they have?

2. Dryzer

Dryzer Banned

3 October 2009
    Liverpool
    Liverpool FC

I agree although the way the cpu defender stands off your man is weird, hardly puts in a tckle. When ive been enrique or downing they dont commit but they back off. glad you like it it is way better than demo.

3. StuartCulli

StuartCulli College Dropout

25 July 2006
    Newcastle United
    Excellent goal, that one.

4. Dryzer

Dryzer Banned

3 October 2009
    Liverpool
    Liverpool FC
  5. elouiht

elouiht Premiership

14 October 2003
    herts
    dryzer pls can u confirm what commentary languages u got on ur version

6. Dryzer

Dryzer Banned

3 October 2009
    Liverpool
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah hold on....

English, French and Dutch only.

7. elouiht

elouiht Premiership

14 October 2003
    herts
    and yours is a uk version what bles is it (u can get it from the spine of the case?

8. jeblo05

jeblo05 League 1

27 May 2003
    Tuebingen
    1. FC Koeln
    my keeper has been sent off...

9. Suuuuupertalk

Suuuuupertalk International

17 August 2010
    Luton Town
    LOL did he get a card for that?!

Tried tweaking the sliders more, the game feels better with the only sliders changed being;

Player acceleration & player speed 45 each.
    Pass error 63
    Injury frequency 60 (thought may increase)
    Injury severity 55 (again, may increase).

Been playing it on broadcast camera, lowest angle, highest zoom, on slow, semi for everything except through balls which I have on manual. Plays like a dream so far, I'd really recommend those settings.

I'm getting whooped on Professional even, but the games are so much fun to play. I drew 0-0 with Everton, and lost 1-4 to Arsenal both as Spurs. Player passing error is frequent, for both teams, the AI has scored some great goals to be fair (two from outside the box in three games!) and players do feel different on the slower settings mentioned. For example, like I said before, Modric generally curls his passes pinpoint to the right player, but Dawson and particularly the right back Walker are TERRIBLE at passing. They go to the left/right of their target, are scuffed and bobble all over the place. It's great. Makes you choose who you're going to use for certain types of passes, which is what the game's been missing.

I haven't tried it in CM or on higher difficulties (as I'm getting hammered on Pro anyways) so I can't comment on other aspects of the game but for now this is playing at a realistic pace, with error, and the AI seems to be coping well with it's twisting and turning on the ball being drastically reduced due to the slider alterations. Instead it seems to be up for playing the ball around more, it's coping with having it's major trump card hamstrung by the sliders rather well.

10. uksix

uksix Also known as jcsix

29 October 2007
    England
    Manchester United
    I noticed when playing agaisnt people, when they where controlling players like Wallcott etc. They dodged the deffender.

Its not like the right analogue stick type of dodge where they kick the ball past the deffender and go the opposite site. They simply knock the ball left or right and follow but dodging the deffender.

Any idea how to do this?

11. Suuuuupertalk

17 August 2010
    Luton Town
    The AI seems to do something similar, I think it's just a case of using the direction stick at the right time?

The right stick 'knock on' move seems far too overpowered in this game though, maybe it's the effects of the sliders but with fast players it causes absolute mayhem. I'm just gonna opt not to use it most of the time. When you have slower slider settings it can be used to create an absolute ton of space, which isn't good really.

12. uksix

uksix Also known as jcsix

29 October 2007
    England
    Manchester United
    Yeah, I'm not eniterly sure. My friend said he just taps RT in near the person, I couldnt get it to work.

13. Dryzer

Dryzer Banned

3 October 2009
    Liverpool
    Liverpool FC
    Ok something interesting ive found experimenting tonight.

The contain button is a problem.

When pressed the a.i reacts to it - in fact they start doing that dribbling thing and trying to be too intricate. If you dont press it, the cpu is a bit more direct and will then start having a few pops at goal from outside the box or whenever a chance presents itself.

Try it.

14. Fc_Zenit_Fan

Fc_Zenit_Fan League 2

16 August 2010
    USA
    Fc Zenit
    Dont even think of getting it on PS3, if you've got a good PC. PC all the way! I played the early release PS3 version and its pure crap compared to PC.

The only thing, of course you need to know a bit about the PC and if there are bugs with stuttering use the D3DOverrider or Nvidia/ATI control panel to force AA and disable the in-game AA. That's all. But not even all people have this issue.

Otherwise the game runs at 1080p, 60fps, load times are 10x faster than consoles, graphics is better, and if you want i bet there will be patches for faces later on.

Also, I don't have issues finding games, but there are less people online than on consoles obviously. So keep that in mind.

15. daikirai

daikirai statementâ„¢

3 November 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA, USA
    Liverpool
    If it's what I think it is, it's just contextual. I've done it online against people and offline against the cpu, just small touches on the stick and the game makes your player do them. Earned a few penalties with the hop at an angle where you touch with the outside of the foot.

16. Suuuuupertalk

17 August 2010
    Luton Town
    I know what you mean. I only use the contain button when they have the ball out wide, seems to put them off crossing the ball which is good because it stops the old 'scoring from crosses' problem to an extent. I have conceded some decent long range efforts tonight so maybe that's why. I rarely use it in and around my own penalty area.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried downloading gameface? I downloaded the same face I'd used for FIFA's 10 and 11, but this time round the colours were all off. So I went to the EA website, slightly altered my face so it looks exactly like a 3D model of my own face, and the skin tones all match etc, then tried re-downloading it and now every time it totally freezes my xbox on 7% of downloading it. I tried a tip I found on Google, to go into your in-game settings, delete the game face data, then re-download. I did that, now it freezes my xbox on 4% :(

Anyone else have problems with this?

17. jeblo05

jeblo05 League 1

27 May 2003
    Tuebingen
    1. FC Koeln
    Try deleting old game faces (FIFA11), too

18. Suuuuupertalk

17 August 2010
    Luton Town
    Thanks, tried that and it seemed to work :) I started it again from the face creation website using my old photos I uploaded and then downloaded it, and though it works the face is now coming out really bright pink, out of kilter with the rest of my skin tone in-game. On the website it looks perfect. Not sure how to fix that.

19. danhammer

danhammer Champions League

23 February 2004
    wow amazing game - although i took a couple of hammerings online i'm really like everything about it

20. Suuuuupertalk

17 August 2010
    Luton Town
    I'm getting thrashed against the AI on Pro, it's awesome.

Two audio things I noticed that were very, very nice. First, I played a game as Newcastle at home to Swansea, and went 1-0 down. The crowd was almost silent apart from the tiny, distant noise of a few away fans. Superb touch with the sound. Second, and I had no idea the game did this, but I played another friendly afterwards and the commentators were suddenly Clive Tyldsesley and Andy Townsend. Had no idea they were also in this game!

21. profit90

profit90 Forza Reggina

28 August 2004
    Reggina Calcio
  22. pes4lyfe

pes4lyfe Champions League

4 July 2011
    ok tnx ill go for pc its cheaper also.

is it direct x 11 or not? prob not I guess?

23. adelante

adelante Mister F, Silver Medalist

8 September 2007
    Singapore
    Could it be that you were pushing the right stick twice, causing the ball to roll far? I kinda like that they've added two types of knockons in the game. Useful when a defender is trying to brush me away from the ball so I push it far ahead of me to take advantage of my faster sprint to get out of the jostle.

24. aslangsli

aslangsli Non-League

1 July 2005
    I enjoyed the game to much except from one big issue. I love playing against CPU. In demo CPU tries lots of varieties and lots of long rage shots. Now, long range shots were disappeared and they just make passes and passes forever. Actually It annoys me to much, and I do not know whether it can be sorted out by patch or not. Did anybody notice and complains about it???

25. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    In Fifa 11? I keep getting freezes while uploading. Frustrating.

26. polakis

polakis PES - FIFA Greek master

10 May 2002
    Athens,Greece
    Aek Athens
    Awesome game but it has problems that need to be fixed:

1) GK bug in online where you press back and play only the gk and the AI plays perfect for you team. Unfair

2) framerate drops especially in freek kick, goal kick and crowded places

3) guest play in head to head seasons

Besides that excellent game

EA please fix the above...

27. StuartCulli

StuartCulli College Dropout

25 July 2006
    Newcastle United
    Why can you not put facial hair on a VP on the online editor anymore? :(

28. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    Like that matters for you anyway no pubes

29. geeeeee

geeeeee Champions League

2 May 2010
    London
    Tottenham Hotspur
    I am enjoying the game but i am a bit concerned that there are very rarely any fouls. I played a 20 min game West Ham (me) v Huddersfield and there was ONE foul all game by me. The game finished 4-3 so it's not like it was a boring match, so there should have been some fouls. Does anybody know if EA are going to fix this because it could be a game breaker for me. Because no fouls=no injuries=no yellow cards=no red cards=lack of realism.

I have tried the sliders to make the marking tighter hoping that this may generate more fouls but it's not happening. I even went back to 'legendary defending' to see if the old way would make more fouls but it's the same.

Anyone else finding this annoying? Don't get me wrong the game is great. But would be more realistic if the cpu would panic sometimes when defending or the refs were more strict.

30. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    anyways about 5 of us where playing clubs last night and we had a blast. we began to gel and pass the ball better but we could not create many chances but our defending and overal ball retentions was good.

Will take a few weeks for us to gel and when more people join us it will be even better.

Hard to explain but this mode is the best mode on fifa. As almost revolutionary as first footy game that allowed you to play 1v1 with a mate.