FIFA 11 - PC

no offense , but i have xfx 9500 gt 1gb "which is by far inferior to 9600 "and i run the game on high settings at resolution 1440*900
with zero lag
best regards

No surprise there since you're using a low resolution.

No surprise there since you're using a low resolution.

u consider 1440*900 a low resolution ??
of course there are higher resolutions
but it is the max resolution supported by my LG 19" monitor "and its native resolution" and easily considered one of the higher game resolutions with quality image

33183905.jpg

actually i find fifa 11 game is not like usual games depending only on the graphic card power , instead it depend on many other factors that determine flow of gameplay on ur pc
here's an article i wrote on the official fifa forum :

No doubt there are many factors affecting the flow of gameplay in any modern gameplay for ex. fifa 11
and i'll discuss here this issue in somewhat medical language which i know by nature

factors affecting the flow of gameplay

A) factors related to machine (hardware elements)
1-processor

2-ram

3-GPU

B)factors related to programming

1-game optimization

of course games that are built basically for pc platform has a good optimization than other games ported from other platforms like consoles

2-software conflict

the pc platform is very difficult in game optimization coz every machine has different set of installed softwares
u may have a high end pc and then u get lag in fifa due to some conflict with ur installed antivirus or a resource hungry firewall or HIPS application

3-faulty drivers

and this is a very important factor that should seriously considered
this point exactly what explains why the game performance increased dramatically with nvidia users by the latest 260.63 driver

4-operating system

some light systems allow smooth gameplay like XP and some other systems are resource hungry that may result in some lag

C)factors related to the image quality of the video game
and this what we will discuss here in details

1-resolution

the lower the resolution , the smoother gameplay u will get
and if u have a medium power pc u have to find the optimal resolution for the game which should be "the highest resolution that can run the game smoothly
and u should notice that the lower the resolution the poor image quality u will get

2-rendering

this is another factor which considerably affect the flow of the gameplay and determine to a large extent whether the game will run smoothly or with lagging

also if u have a medium power pc u may ry to lower the rendering quality to find out the highest rendering quality that can run ur game smoothly

3-LOD "level of details"

one of the most important factors affecting the gameplay flow
and it's one of the settings that were present in the last-Gen fifa (fifa 2005-fifa 2010)
and i think that was a very big mistake when the developping team overlooked this option and didn't include it in the game settings

the LOD settings should be available as it was in the last-Gen fifa as follows
low , medium , high
and u should also "as before" find out the highest LOD setting that will give u smoother gameplay

if u still experience a lag in gameplay u may try to lower the LOD setting by extracting the following file in "game" folder which contains fifa.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/?acuq154qjqs3e55
credits to Promitheas [www.wehellas.gr] for this LOD file

and i hope ian to include teh LOD settings in the game graphic options next year coz it is really an important item in determining the gameplay flow

and the bove mentioned triple factors is indeed a very important triangle that determining the gameplay flow and ur skills should be directed towards finding the optimal settings that will result in the best image quality and in the same time the smoothest gameplay

and this should be done by trying to change the previously mentioned settings in combination by the "trial and error " to discover the optimal settings that fit your machine and operating system and can run the game smoothly at the best image quality

note that these settings will be different if any other factor changes
for example the
operating system
the optimal settings for the game at your machine with windows xp will be considerable different for those with windows 7
another examply sofware installed
also the optimal settings with kaspersky internet security installed "
resource hungry " will be different for the optimal settings when running with another light antivirus and so on

minasmwl "Dr. Hany"

Last edited:
on my pc, fifa runs like a rocket, everything on max, AA on.

however, i want to know how we can change stadium and weather conditions before exhibition matches? it was possible on earlier versions of fifa, but i cannot find how to do it in fifa 11 pc. the game itself always determines stadium and weather just before the match. and i don't like it. i want to set it by myself. how?

guys, the biggest issue on fifa 11 pc is that pitch is too small on every stadium and unproportional to players and goals. it's unexceptable mistake by ea sports.

The biggest issue is that the game crash a lot of times at The Man Of
The Match screen :( I managed to win with my brother 7-2 against Bayer
Leverkusen in Bundesliga and guess what, the game crashed and we played
for nothing.

The biggest issue is that the game crash a lot of times at The Man Of
The Match screen :( I managed to win with my brother 7-2 against Bayer
Leverkusen in Bundesliga and guess what, the game crashed and we played
for nothing.

if you have win 7 64bit pls try my solution you have nothing to loose, im playing over 20 games without a single crash.

on your desktop right click to fifa go to properties-compatability and put: windows xp sp3 and check the disable DPI, disable desktop comparision (something like that, above DPI) and check the run as admin, i have it like this 3-4 days now and not a single crash, i hope it works for you too mate. Just try it, you have nothing to loose.

I have Windows XP :( we need a patch from EA, almost everyone has
those crashes.

On Fifa 10 (Xbox) there was the same problem, they solved it by disable the auto save
but on Fifa 11 (PC) there is no way to disable the auto save :(

guys, the biggest issue on fifa 11 pc is that pitch is too small on every stadium and unproportional to players and goals. it's unexceptable mistake by ea sports.

The bigest inssue is that, You can't set up Your camera in right position :)):)) don't use default dramatic camera, take 5min to find better way to play fifa

when I played first time in fifa 11 after all this years with PES I was like WHAT THE F*** is that angle view and why pitch are so small... but some Good people (MonkeyDragon) are so kind and make fifa 11 be playable for some people like Me

look here and with this path fifa pitch is NOT TOO SMALL anymore mate alne gameplay is superb with that, shame is not for PS3... shame

http://www.fifa-infinity.com/?p=905

ps. Cesc, on my win7 64bit I have played maybe 100 matches or more in fifa 11 and don't have even a single crash and I don't change anything in system so it must be something with XP

Last edited:
I also using XP sp3 and game runs perfectly (like everyone else) without any crashs. Windows 7 does not support the drivers for my tv card Kworld and for my Mustec scanner while XP does.
So for now XP is winner for me.

ps. Cesc, on my win7 64bit I have played maybe 100 matches or more in fifa 11 and don't have even a single crash and I don't change anything in system so it must be something with XP
No, no a lot of players on Win7 and Vista also have this problem, just visit
the official forums, there is a big topic about that, so many people have these crashes.

I use XP SP3... well, I have Win7 Ultimate too (in different partitions) but I'm under XP most time.

I,ve had 1 crash and I've played around 30 matches.

Is there ANY way to slow the gameplay? Even slow is too fast for me...
Like the speeder in Kitserver for pes?

Is there anyway to edit over a team in fifa 11 for the pc, Would love to add my home town club, to the Airtricity League :))

When you get rid of the euphoria of FIFA 11 PC being NG then you´ll realize how silly the game is. It´s a good game. very good game, but same gameplay, same goals, auwful replays and laggy game. Try PES 2011 and if you don´t like it at first, play and play again and you´ll realize that, with some bugs, it´s a better football game, slithgly better, but better.

When you get rid of the euphoria of FIFA 11 PC being NG then you´ll realize how silly the game is. It´s a good game. very good game, but same gameplay, same goals, auwful replays and laggy game. Try PES 2011 and if you don´t like it at first, play and play again and you´ll realize that, with some bugs, it´s a better football game, slithgly better, but better.

whatever!

Agree about good game, same gameplay, goals.. but replay and laggy are okay with me here..

Unlike 2010 version that i uninstalled the demo after 2 matches :FAIL: this year i could stay on my hardisk. Whenever i am bored with PES, ill turn on FIFA just for the sake of the animation then get back again continuing Master League. FIFA gameplay is good for 1 or 2 matches.. playing it in MM just like dejavu all the time :P

I'd say exactly the opposite. In FIFA 11 PC the goals are always quite different and there is always something new in gameplay and situations.

Unlike PES

Can someone tell me is there Champs League or Europa Leauge in FIFA 11 and is there domstic cup competions in manager mode, i've won my leauge and that seem's to be it.....:RANT:

I am seriously swing back towords PES and pritty fast, The cut scene's are dreadfull, and when you win the league you dont find out until the season is over, Awfull cheap from EA, As regards gameplay i have to say as a huge PES fan, Fifa is slightly better, the Finishin in frot of goal is way better, But pens, Free-Kicks, And long Range shooting are quite awfull to use, Pens being the worst.

It's a pitty, as EA could turn this into one mean Football Game.;)

Oh and is there any way at all you can edit FIFA 11 or is the editing only for PES...:COAT:

Can someone tell me is there Champs League or Europa Leauge in FIFA 11 and is there domstic cup competions in manager mode, i've won my leauge and that seem's to be it.....:RANT:

I am seriously swing back towords PES and pritty fast, The cut scene's are dreadfull, and when you win the league you dont find out until the season is over, Awfull cheap from EA, As regards gameplay i have to say as a huge PES fan, Fifa is slightly better, the Finishin in frot of goal is way better, But pens, Free-Kicks, And long Range shooting are quite awfull to use, Pens being the worst.

It's a pitty, as EA could turn this into one mean Football Game.;)

Oh and is there any way at all you can edit FIFA 11 or is the editing only for PES...:COAT:

As an overall football game PES is better. I would have liked switching from PES to FIFA this year, but even gameplay is better in PES. Intros are great, celebrations great, graphics, faces, replays. I really enjoy playing PES 2011 and I was decided to change this year to FIFA but I would have lost a real representation of real football like PES 2011 does.

Back
Top Bottom