FIFA 10 360/PS3 Demo Feedback + Videos

If people can't do skilled dribbling, then that makes me happier as I'm able to do a few things with it and it gives me a confidence boost :LOL:

Roll on Clubs :D

I can do it, but just not to the level of intricacy and skill as a few folk who've posted videos have managed.

I'll certainly be keeping at it and trying to perfect it once I get hold of the full game :COOL:

Have EA done everything in their power to make goals you score as least satisfying as possible?

You score, the ref blows the whistle (shouldn't do), you get a sound when the ball hits the net (shouldn't happen), then the nets look crap (I don't care that much though tbh), then the crowd reacts late and then you have to control a stupid celebration and then watch a pointless repetitive cutscene!!!
Oh and then the replay afterwards cuts out most of the build-up play.

:RANT:

I can see your point here mate. Audio, graphics and replays/presentation is what Fifa is lacking at the moment. Its a real shame when you have done some hefty build up play and then the replays cut straight to the goal.
I also dont like it when the game is over and you get the highlights of the game(halftime is also bad). Lets say you win 3-0, cause often it has happen to me that they show me only two of the goals I scored and then maybe a highlight of a..backpass or wichever. It seems the cpu has a strange way of picking out the important events during the mach. I would think seeing all your goals should be the nr.1 priority, no matter how many you scored!

PS: I do love Fifa10 by the way, and I think it will be the best footy game so far! Just a shame with the presentation, replays, audio and graphics not being up there. Some of it could be fixed for the release though:))

Its just genius IMO. It adds that "Individuality" You have both types of dribbling in the game know. you can be a skill freak with Ronaldo or you can just be no nonsense and turn on a dime with Messi. it it allows you to shift the ball extremely quickly
Check out 3.05

Mine just goes slow, hunched over and sideways, i cant do any footwork like in that clip at 3.05

The skill by Messi (3:05) is what I was going to post up several times but didn't bother as Youtube was messing around. It really is sublime. The Henry Sombrero flick up and volley is impressive, too.

I do that IF I remember, but the matches are so short, they all seem to merge together, so I'm never sure if it's half time or full time :D

Anyone managed to do the first time flick up yet? Definately can't be RB because it just rolls through your legs if you try that. Can pretty much do every other trick.

Anyone managed to do the first time flick up yet? Definately can't be RB because it just rolls through your legs if you try that. Can pretty much do every other trick.
I did it by holding LT and repeatedly tapping RB as the ball is approaching the player, like you would do for keepy ups...
All the tricks on that vid are with LT though, it doesn't say that on the instructions for each trick though, so just holding LT and RB may be how to do it.

The volley was crap though (loops in the air, not much power), so I can't see it being of much use anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally mastered the Henry style drag back pass fake and look away

What a great name i made for it i wonder if it will catch on? :LOL:

I still dont get the skill dribbling. The player goes into a different stance, that I see - but what do you do then? Right stick doesnt seem to do any skill moves, so what is the point of it again?

For me this is by far the best inclusion in the game and may finally make me jump the PES ship.

Its fantastic in small spaces with players who have high technique.

it is very much like the R2 'Jink' button in PES as it allows you to do quick side-steps out of the way of incomming defenders.

and if you practice it enough you can quickly press sprint to sidestep and then burst away into space.

I love "Pumpforever" 's comment on that video - lmfao!

"Typical Fifa stuff.. stays whereever it is one year ago... Check PES2010 demo ... See Barcelona there.. and then compare and decide.. This game seems as a PS1 game when it compared with new PES... The only area which Fifa superior was GRAFIX.. but now PES is 2-3 years ahead within 2010 games.. In fifa players like Stick-muppets... Thanx Konami that u don't let us to play this rubbishness"

Stick-muppets :LOL:

I might use that one :COOL:

You're probably right, PBB. Can't see that being normal speed at all, still not good to see. I mean who wants to play at that speed, with assisted controls? ;) :LOL:

don't forget the annual point that videos add speed to what they capture etc etc {insert technical speak that I don't know about frame rates and sh*t}

Yeah it does look a bit like the Madden crowd and animations. That certainly wasn't the slow speed, either. Does seem like it's been speeded up a tad.

I do believe quite a few people here are wanting to actually play a real game of football instead of a computer game. I suggest going outside and kicking a ball around. You'll get the right blend of noises, the ball physics will be more or less perfect, there'll be no clipping issues and even the nets will be realistic enough for you. No, seriously.

Real life > Computer Game. Always remember.

I have a bad knee. From playing real life football. Physics were a bit too good for my liking. :(

Back
Top Bottom