FIFA 10 360/PS3 Demo Feedback + Videos

The free kicks desperately need to be toughened up now. I only seem to miss when I'm being overambitious. The under-the-wall free kicks are child's play.

Have EA done everything in their power to make goals you score as least satisfying as possible?

You score, the ref blows the whistle (shouldn't do), you get a sound when the ball hits the net (shouldn't happen), then the nets look crap (I don't care that much though tbh), then the crowd reacts late and then you have to control a stupid celebration and then watch a pointless repetitive cutscene!!!
Oh and then the replay afterwards cuts out most of the build-up play.

:RANT:

Paid attention last night and they seem to have gone backwards from 09. :( First a short whistle and then the crowd......

The free kicks desperately need to be toughened up now. I only seem to miss when I'm being overambitious. The under-the-wall free kicks are child's play.

There's too much power in the freekicks, the normal ones atleast. And they seem way too easy.
How do you guys do it ? I don't know why I've been struggling with direct FKs, I've been really efficient with indirect ones (crossing it into the box).

I do believe quite a few people here are wanting to actually play a real game of football instead of a computer game. I suggest going outside and kicking a ball around. You'll get the right blend of noises, the ball physics will be more or less perfect, there'll be no clipping issues and even the nets will be realistic enough for you. No, seriously.

Real life > Computer Game. Always remember.

Easy way round it is going to sound options and having SFX to max and Commentary others to about 30-40% then you can hear the ball more.

People may know I am a pretty staunch PES'er (and though dissappointed by the demo, I will come round to like it as I do all other PES's), but the more I play the FIFA 10 demo on the easy level, the more I find it suits me!

Gone are most of the frustrations and I'm really enjoying the freedom of it all. I've even gone manual on everything bar shooting and its superb picking passes out exactly how you want, rather than the vague aim and tap of PES.

Lots of little touches are making this stand out. Was playing as Barca and Xavi rolled it to Messi on the right, I held RB to put my foot on the ball, then did a little skill step over with the skill stick and as Xavi ran past me, did a through ball and Messi backheeled it (like a Cruyff kind of animation) and rolled it into Xavi's path... just awesome :)

I can still see this being frustrating with poorer teams, but I'm really hoping that is fixed and MM becomes fun again.

People may know I am a pretty staunch PES'er (and though dissappointed by the demo, I will come round to like it as I do all other PES's), but the more I play the FIFA 10 demo on the easy level, the more I find it suits me!

Gone are most of the frustrations and I'm really enjoying the freedom of it all. I've even gone manual on everything bar shooting and its superb picking passes out exactly how you want, rather than the vague aim and tap of PES.

Lots of little touches are making this stand out. Was playing as Barca and Xavi rolled it to Messi on the right, I held RB to put my foot on the ball, then did a little skill step over with the skill stick and as Xavi ran past me, did a through ball and Messi backheeled it (like a Cruyff kind of animation) and rolled it into Xavi's path... just awesome :)

I can still see this being frustrating with poorer teams, but I'm really hoping that is fixed and MM becomes fun again.
once you start really enjoying fifa on manual settings you'll find the enjoyment in PES dropping off, well it did for me anyways.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but I like they've tone down the back-heels and flashy passes (they're still there obviously).

Any other places to get a Thursday delivery apart from ShopTo and Gameplay?

I'm sure I used Game last year and they got it to me on the Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think gameseek is meant to be quite good? Not sure.

Anyway. Has anyone tried using the skilled dribbling to shield the ball with stronger players? I've been toying with going into a shield (RT when not moving) with Yaya, and then pressing the left trigger as well when going to move, and he seems to automatically put himself between the ball and the player. Quite useful.

I think gameseek is meant to be quite good? Not sure.

Anyway. Has anyone tried using the skilled dribbling to shield the ball with stronger players? I've been toying with going into a shield (RT when not moving) with Yaya, and then pressing the left trigger as well when going to move, and he seems to automatically put himself between the ball and the player. Quite useful.

I still dont get the skill dribbling. The player goes into a different stance, that I see - but what do you do then? Right stick doesnt seem to do any skill moves, so what is the point of it again?

I still dont get the skill dribbling. The player goes into a different stance, that I see - but what do you do then? Right stick doesnt seem to do any skill moves, so what is the point of it again?

Then the player's own attributes kick in and people with good dribbling will be able to weave between players with good timing of movement and nothing else.

That's how I see it.

I managed to go on a mazy run with Messi last night and beat 3 men and score.

All without doing any button combos or anything.

Try it with Messi then again with someone like Essien and see the difference in what you can achieve.

Then the player's own attributes kick in and people with good dribbling will be able to weave between players with good timing of movement and nothing else.

That's how I see it.

I managed to go on a mazy run with Messi last night and beat 3 men and score.

All without doing any button combos or anything.

Try it with Messi then again with someone like Essien and see the difference in what you can achieve.

Cheers MJ!

Good god, I'm actually really excited about FIFA!

It's not to implement tricks. The point is those with close control skills can then operate in tight spaces. With messi I managed to move between two defenders in a small space. First time I ever done that on Fifa.

Little thing I noticed, players appealing for a corner after the keeper saves a shot, nice realistic touch :)

That is a good un.

Things I like too - the keepers punching the air when they make a save and the ref taking the yellow card from the front pocket and the red from the back.

We're actually easily pleased really aren't we lol?!

I'm glad you asked that, as I was thinking the same thing. It just seems to cause the player to hunch up and become less able on the ball. Cheers for the replies afterwards, too. Sounds good.

Seems that most people really don't get skilled dribbling which is concerning. It definitely isn't explained well.

Skilled dribbling is all about lateral movement. It's about being on the wing with Messi, using it, jigging one way and the other and then pacing off in the other direction.

It's all about lateral. I don't think it's really meant for anything else. The right analog stick is meant for the sudden burst of pace and acceleration when you burst out of the move.

If people can't do skilled dribbling, then that makes me happier as I'm able to do a few things with it and it gives me a confidence boost :LOL:

Roll on Clubs :D

Back
Top Bottom