FIFA 09 Xbox 360 - (low star teams) league tournament or Cup

:LOL: It will be sexual Bob!

So, how many times shall I set to play each other then? 1 or 3?

I say 1, 3 is daft IMO, but saying that to get games it will require people to be on regularly.

Just set it to 3, but only play each other twice?
You know you'll get someone who forgets and plays three just to make it awkward, then the league table is screwed. I agree with you in theory but as soon as someone doesn't realise they've already played twice against that person and challenges them again, the whole table is knackered. But seeing as it's only a bit of fun I suppose it doesn't matter, so I don't mind either way. If you think 3 is easier (and fair enough it probably is as long as nobody makes a mistake) then go for it.

Just seen this thread, if there are spaces available then I would like to join.
We could add Coopz and Kamy to make it a nice even 12? Coopz are you interested?

People will play eachother more than twice I reckon - I think we should just play eachother 3 times, to save all of the hassle of it getting mucked up? But then it will take quite a bit longer.

Yeah ill join then

and i think 1 game would be better, 2 would never happen and 3 wont get finished

OK, Coopz and Kamy are in, pick a team of no more than 2.5 stars please guys. The league will be set to play each other once. If all goes to plan and everyone gets their games played and if everyone is up for it I can just restart the league and we'll start again.

nice one, I knew there would be enough interest :)

Am I St.Mirren then? I cant check their stars.

If they're not 2.5 they're less, all of the Scottish teams bar you know who are 2.5 I think.

AIK Solna for me :DD (2.5 star)

Then I can pretend that there are lots of fit blonde women cheering me on in the stands and It will motivate me more :DD

Yep, they are Jumbo.

All we need now is Kamy's team! Get the league set up anyway Tim so that we can all start. ;)

I'm out tonight, won't be back till 11pm at the earliest. So if you want to set up the league so you guys can start that's fine with me!

I'll set it up then, watch this post for edits within the next ten minutes or so...

LEAGUE NAME: Evo Web Mini League
LEAGUE ABBR: EWML
PASSWORD: grapes

Last edited:
Never played this mode before. Do you get in to the league in the game and then challenge someone from there? I guess I could just figure it out, but I'm lazy :SMUG:

Yes Gab, it's easy enough. You just input the above details into the league section of the Xbox Live menu, and then it shows you everyone you can challenge.

If I'm around then I'm in teh chatbox so if you fancy a game give me a shout in there :)). Anytime after 11pm-ish tonight, or anytime tomorrow afternoon! Failing that I'll be on daytimes all next week.

I will go for Leicester if it is still available, if not then MK Dons. Looking forward to playing you guys, I am free from tomorrow evening and all of the weekend!!

Great that the league is semi-assisted as have been playing using this scheme for the last 2 months!

I will go for Leicester if it is still available, if not then MK Dons.
Leicester is fine. :TU:

Pretty sure it's semi-manual ;)
:LOL: Yeah semi everything apart from through-balls and lobs which are manual (because there is no semi for those).

I'm so bad at manual through-balls it's untrue. How long do you have to power them up for FFS??!

Yeah it's rubbish isn't it. I have posted a couple of times on the official boards that they should have sliders for how fast they speed up. So hidden away under advanced settings they could have a slider for each action, one for passing, through ball, cross and so on. I mean why not, would be nice so everyone could customize the game to their likings.

Anyway, if you ever play manual passes too than what you do is use through balls for every shorter pass, even normal short passes, and then normal passes for long through balls.

Preston (TT2006) 0-1 Leicester (Kamy100)

Really good game that could have gone either way, especially in the last 10 minutes as the players tired, deep into injury time a cross was headed in by Howard to give Leicester the victory.

Well Played.

Solna (ME) 2-2 Gais (Stu)

Tough game - was enjoyable :)) it really is great playing lower teams and with semi/manual settings.

Loved it. I'm gonna really struggle against quicker teams I can tell that now. Well played :)

Back
Top Bottom