FIFA 09 Xbox 360 - (low star teams) league tournament or Cup

Leicester City (Kamy100) 0 - 2 Gais (Me)

Should have been a lot more but Kamy looked dangerous going forward. Well played :)

Well played mate, you were far too good for me and you could have scored 4 or 5, one of the best players I have played on FIFA.

I'll be tomorrow lunch time and then from 8pm onwards.

Leeds (me) 1-1 St Mirren (Shooto)
Good game mate!

I was playing Kamy and then game stopped saying connection lost with opponent, it was midway through the first half at 0-0 and it has given him the win (making me think it was my connection?!).

Chris, as league manager can you make a decision on whether we can replay or whether to Kamy gets the win?!

Gillingham (Tim) 2-2 Solna (Me)

Game with Kamy cut off while I was 2-0 up. It has happened twice now (With Joe aswell- although he was winning then :DD), when I have made substitutes near the end of the game, as soon as I get back into the game it cut off. Maybe coincidence? but it is pissing me off.

I looked at my router both times as soon as it happened and it is fine. Usually if it is my fault, my router flashes and is a cock. So I am pretty sure it isn't my connection?

Anyway - Joe and Kamy I guess we will have to play again as It hasn't recorded the results on the league screen. I will see you both around :DD

Leeds (me) 1-1 St Mirren (Shooto)
Good game mate!

I was playing Kamy and then game stopped saying connection lost with opponent, it was midway through the first half at 0-0 and it has given him the win.

BobbyBox said:
Game with Kamy cut off while I was 2-0 up.

KAMY'S A CHEAT! :P

St.Mirren (Me) 1-1 Gillingham (Tim)

Good game I got off to a flyer beating Tims offside trap :) Tim then scored around 23 mins and from there on in it was anyones game. Gillinham made a howler near the end and I missed an open goal from a har angle! Fair result.

St.Mirren (Me) 1-1 leicester(Kamy)

Again a fair result, I went behind and scored about 2 mins later with the lamest header ever. Dargo was standing and bent down to header it in, never seen that before.

So far 1 loss and 4 draws :(

It was clearly offside Shooto, but it was one of those gay ones where it touched my defender on the way through to you so they don't give it offside. We both should have scored about 4 goals, yea :LOL:.

Gillingham (Tim) 2-2 Solna (Me)

Game with Kamy cut off while I was 2-0 up. It has happened twice now (With Joe aswell- although he was winning then :DD), when I have made substitutes near the end of the game, as soon as I get back into the game it cut off. Maybe coincidence? but it is pissing me off.

I looked at my router both times as soon as it happened and it is fine. Usually if it is my fault, my router flashes and is a cock. So I am pretty sure it isn't my connection?

Anyway - Joe and Kamy I guess we will have to play again as It hasn't recorded the results on the league screen. I will see you both around :DD

It has happened to my twice as well. First time I was playing Jumbo and game cut off after 20 minutes and I was awarded the win, I don't know how we get round that one as I tried to play him again but it said that I had already played him.

Second time it happened against Bobby (who was winning 2-0 at the time with 10 mins left) nobody awarded the win. I am quite happy to play Bobby again and let him win as it was clear that he was going to win that match.

Last edited:
It has happened to my twice as well. First time I was playing Jumbo and game cut off after 20 minutes and I was awarded the win, I don't know how we get round that one as I tried to play him again but it said that I had already played him.

Second time it happened against Bobby (who was winning 2-0 at the time with 10 mins left) nobody awarded the win. I am quite happy to play Bobby again and let him win as it was clear that he was going to win that match.

I don't mind just playing the game again normally. Its not a big deal to me just a bit of fun. I ain't going to win the whole thing anyway :DD

Sorry guys, the in-game controls don't let you scratch a result. It's only a bit of fun anyway, even though it's a bit shit (well very shit). :(

Not going to start doing a results reporting thing like last time, takes far too much time and effort (not just from the guy who do the league stats but from reporting all the results every 5 minutes).

I can't see any invite options at all Coopz, the only thing I can see is a button that says "allow new users to join" so I've pressed that if you want to try joining again.

Ill try again later

All its said was after i left to change teams something like you cant join this league till its finished or a league GM invites you

Im sure this happened when i did a league with mates and there was no way of getting them back in

Oh yeah i we couldnt find a way to get the updated squads to work either, fuck knows what EA were thinking when they put certain stuff in this game

It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense does it? Clubs and ranked matches etc have the latest squads and make you download a new squad file each week, but leagues wants you to revert back to default squads?!!?

WHY!?

Thanks for a great game EA but you really are fucking spastics.

makes about as much sense as putting in 1 and 3 games to play each rather then 2 which most leagues in the world use and if they didn't notice is a nice even number :LOL:

I'm free until 8pm tonight, if anyone wants a game let me know. I'll leave the Xbox on for as long as I can without it overheating and setting the house on fire. :TU:

I'll have a look for the invite option again Coopz, perhaps I can't see the wood for the trees.

I'll have a look for the invite option again Coopz, perhaps I can't see the wood for the trees.

I was hoping to save a custom formation and squad for St. Mirren for this league, but for the life of me cannot work out how to save the formation and load it each time I want to play.

Probably me being really stupid and maybe I just cant see how easy it is :(

FOUND IT!

You have to click the right stick, go into Player Hub, press LT a couple of times, go to your address book, find the person you want to invite on your friends list (or add them to your friends list if they're not already on it), click on them and click "invite to league".

Blatantly obvious, how I missed it I have no idea....................................

Anyway I've invited you now Coopz.

Don't think I'll be able to play again tonight, just had a power surge (presuming it's something to do with the weather) and one of the PCs in the house has gone a bit duffy. Cue people moaning that they can't spend the rest of the night checking the sea temperatures for the coming week and looking at curtains on eBay.

I also got beat 5-1 by Stu earlier which doesn't help, I think this league has only got one winner chaps...

Sheff Utd (Me) 0-1 Gais (Stuart)

Could have gone either way. Both sides had plenty of chances, but in the end it came down to a dodgy penalty. I think I did ok considering it was my first online game using semi/manual (which is probably why I couldn't get any headers on target!)

I should be on tonight (if I'm playing something else, give me a shout and I'll switch). If not I have a few days off from tomorrow, so can do some daytime games. :)

FOUND IT!

You have to click the right stick, go into Player Hub, press LT a couple of times, go to your address book, find the person you want to invite on your friends list (or add them to your friends list if they're not already on it), click on them and click "invite to league".

Blatantly obvious, how I missed it I have no idea....................................

Anyway I've invited you now Coopz.

Thanks

Swansea for me i think :)

No its not dead, we just need the folk on at the same time. weekends seem to be when the games are getting played.

Im on most nights, so if you see me online let me know and we can play.

yeah - probably only will be on at the weekend for a few. Maybe tomorrow night if I don't go out :DD

Im going on now if anyone wants a game

Just let me know in the chatbox

Just had the best match i have had on Fifa in ages and it was a only a 0-0 as well :LOL:

Semi settings just makes the game much more realistic and much more of a challenge

There were stray passes all over the place, the odd bit of brilliance and a bit of hoof ball towards the end :)

And i hit the woodwork 3 times and CD skied a 1 on 1 from a defenders poor headed backpass :LOL:

Great game CD :TU:

Really great game, my keeper pulled off a world class save as well and because of the lack of chances it really made you go "OOOH".

:OOOH:

Me 1 Gab 0

Me 2 TT 0

The last goal was a woeful shot that was going for a throw in untill it hit a player and went the other way :LOL:

well played peeps

The last goal was a woeful shot that was going for a throw in untill it hit a player and went the other way :LOL:
I wondered, for five minutes he was shouting "WHAT A NAFF GOAL!!" ... *ten second gap* ... "WHAT A STUPID GOAL!!" ... *ten second gap* ... "WHAT A PATHETIC GOAL!!"

He's definitely getting better though, I beat him 1-0 with a goal in what must have been the 96th minute, lucky through-ball that came off. This happens every year, he's shit at the game for eight months, then for three months he's okay, then come October he starts getting used to it and the week after the new FIFA game comes out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom