FIFA 09 Xbox 360 - (low star teams) league tournament or Cup

Shooto

Premiership
16 April 2002
Scotland
Celtic
Anyone interested in a 1v1 league or cup competition?

Plan is to play with low star teams to even the playing field a little.

From the chatbox the interested parties so far are:

Tim
Chris Bauer
Stuart
Shooto
Chris's Dad
Jumbo
BobbyBox
Jamesy
Gab
Joe

Please reply to this thread if you would like to compete. will give it till the end of the week to see if it is worth while trying to get this off the ground.

Oh and I think one of the rules should be "semi passing" and
"semi shooting", but we can decide a full set of rules later.

Cheers
Shooto

Last edited:
Dad Bauer would be interested as well but he'd need an exception from any rules seeing as he'd get raped week in week out anyway...

Yeah I'm definitely in. Maybe instead of a league we could do a cup? Depending on numbers obviously, but I don't mind organising everything, (would give me something to actually do :LOL:). Controls should be semi or less :TU:.

No assisted controls sounds good to me, although saying that I am partial to auto through passes... Am I a bad person?

I think cups are awkward Tim with there being no cup option in-game, less games too, I'd like something to sink my teeth into.

IF it takes off... I still can't see it...

No assisted controls Chris ;) Personally, I'd like a fully manual bar shooting league but it won't happen.

Fair enough, it'll do me good to try and get used to manual through-balls anyway. (No way should it be fully-manual-everything though, haven't had enough practice, it's not like you can practice online without getting ripped to pieces...)

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

What star level teams do you think should be the maximum by the way? I'm thinking three star, so that they're not too awful (playing as Tranmere isn't much fun) but they're not Premier League. (Oooh I want to be Burnley, what star are they?)

cmon Joe.

this isnt a replacement for clubs.

Tim, if you could organize it that would be great.

How about we say you can pick any 3 star team or less if we are going for a cup?

Stu, I think all manual will put folk off, me included.

I still don't think a cup is a good idea, even if you do mini-leagues CL style it means some folk (i.e. me and dad) would only last a few games.

Tim can't organise it, if he suspects someone is using auto controls he'll delete the league. Don't even deny it Tim. :LOL: Seriously though, whoever organises it I'd like to see the league table being the in-game one instead of having a seperate website one as usual. I wouldn't want to have to log on after every game to report the results like last time. I'd prefer only to post if I've got any problems (and if we keep it small there shouldn't be any).

Last edited:
come on people.

4 more teams and we could do the irish league?

any other leagues in europe with 10 teams?

If you're really struggling to find players I can be in, even if I never play normal modes and hate to control every player :SMUG: I can be the punching bag of the league. But like I said I don't need to be in if you have a full league, just in case you don't so I can help you out.

Count me in. I'll have some free evenings over the next couple of weeks (might even try clubs again if I'm allowed!).

Don't think I could survive on manual though...

4 more teams and we could do the irish league?
Ergh wouldn't be interested in playing with a team I don't know anything about, considering it's only for a bit of fun I think we should be able to choose whoever we want (within the star limit). I don't mind doing a draw as always so that people can pick in a certain order.

Ergh wouldn't be interested in playing with a team I don't know anything about, considering it's only for a bit of fun I think we should be able to choose whoever we want (within the star limit). I don't mind doing a draw as always so that people can pick in a certain order.

I agree bad idea.

Almost enough for a small league, looking good.

More welcome.

No, the Irish league wouldn't interest me either. I also wouldn't mind doing a draw of everyone's teams, or doing a draw for draft numbers. I would also film the draw and it would be in HD :SMUG:.

It's like an election now isn't it :LOL:

Go on then Tim you organise it, just please don't make us report all the results on here as usual. I wouldn't have the inclination to do that any more, I don't want to have to stop every 15 minutes to get on the PC and write a match report. It's just a bit of fun and the in-game league table is good enough for me.

No, the Irish league wouldn't interest me either. I also wouldn't mind doing a draw of everyone's teams, or doing a draw for draft numbers. I would also film the draw and it would be in HD :SMUG:.

Can you do the draw out of your Crocs Tim? that wuold be awesome!

Go on then Tim you organise it, just please don't make us report all the results on here as usual. I wouldn't have the inclination to do that any more, I don't want to have to stop every 15 minutes to get on the PC and write a match report. It's just a bit of fun and the in-game league table is good enough for me.

But that league table isn't the best, as when people disconnect etc it messes up the results? or has that been sorted?

But as you said it is fun, so it shouldn't really matter :DD

:LOL: OK then. 9 so far, we going to wait for a 10th?
Yeahhhhh. Would be perfect then!

Oh by the way what are we going to set the number of games a season to? I say 1, if we're using the in-game table then 3 is a bit daft IMO.

God I hope FIFA 10 lets you set it to 2.

But that league table isn't the best, as when people disconnect etc it messes up the results? or has that been sorted?

But as you said it is fun, so it shouldn't really matter :DD
Exactly, it's only for fun. If you disconnect it's your own fault I say. ;)

Let's just go on what the league says, I really can't be arsed with the whole updating your results, checking the site thing etc. etc. etc... Otherwise we're going to have no time left to play anything else. It's only for a laugh while we wait for FIFA 10.

Last edited:
Quality :)). Right, now we need to set a max star limit, and then I'll do the draw with everyone's draft positions.

I reckon it should be 3 stars.

The best games I have had are when it has been 3 stars or under and semi/manual settings.

Either 2.5 stars or 3 stars I reckon, Burnley are 2.5 stars and I might have a bit of trouble against the teams with 3 stars (some of them are French/German top-flight teams) but it's only a marginal difference so I don't really mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom