FIFA 09 Xbox 360 - (low star teams) league tournament or Cup

Just played a game as Burnley... I'm not going Burnley, haha... :CONFUSE:

I'd forgotten just how good the game is though, on semi controls (against people using semi controls). Feels so good to score from distance when it's all you.

Come on Tim, stop playing Clubs and get your finger out! ;)

3 stars yeah.

Do we pick from a list or just get assigned one then.

I have officially shirked all responsibility of organizing it ;)

I say we play each other twice.

Last edited:
Pick, I wouldn't want to be given a team in-case after 4-5 games I can't do anything with them. I want it to be my fault. ;)

If Tim wants to do a draft (seriously Tim you don't need to video it for God's sake ;))) then that's the best idea IMO.

And yeah, 3-star maximum, I'll pick someone else. Can't be doing with that midfield of Burnley's, it's shocking. :CONFUSE:

See that annoys me, I knew that list would end up in here. No offence to anyone, it's only a bit of fun anyway, but I bet everyone chooses the top few teams in that list now...

Make it 3 and half ;)
No way. So much more fun (and realistic) when it's 3.

3 maximum, if you want to go lower that's fine surely. I would have gone a Burnley who are lower, if I could have passed the ball about with them...

Just played someone from the FSB forums for a laugh, he said he plays fully manual games etc. and he challenged me so I thought what the hell. It was MK Dons v Tranmere (both 1.5 star teams), 7 minute halves, at Wembley. It felt like a real game - he messaged me afterwards and said it was a typical play-off final style game, just perfect, absolutely perfect. Managed to nick it 1-0 with a header in the 93rd minute.

Because all the players are so slow, you feel like the pitch is bigger; you can't just press press press because you can't get near the team in possession, it makes it so much harder to win the ball back. When you get the ball in a shooting position, it's so much harder to score as well, you have to carve out a really good chance.

We're doing Sheff Utd v Burnley now (2.5 stars) now...

EDIT: Different game, possession was back and forth, but still really enjoyable. 1-0 to him, I fluffed a sitter and hit the post three times. The goal he scored though, it looked so different from all the goals you see against you when they use assisted shots. Hard to explain but it was from an area where with assisted shooting it would be impossible to score, so it was a shock. What a brilliant game it is though when everybody uses semi/manual, just brilliant. Really makes you appreciate the game again.

Last edited:
Well I feel a bit patriotic so I would like to play as Elfsborg IF in the Swedish league (Allsvenskan), 2.5 stars I believe.

Well I feel a bit patriotic so I would like to play as Elfsborg IF in the Swedish league (Allsvenskan), 2.5 stars I believe.
Good lad! :)

Should we say 3 or 2.5 then? I like some of the 2.5 star teams and it seems a bit unfair if other people will be using 3 star teams (even if it's a marginal difference). One to be debated I think.

What are Gillingham? I think I'll be them. We don't really need a draft video here at all do we. Let's just pick who we want.

Let's say 2.5 star then, that's half of 5 (what we're used to playing against online) so it's a good number.

First come first served then Tim? I can't see two people wanting the same team anyway.

In which case I want Burnley.

Gab Elfsborg IF
Tim Gillingham
Joe Crystal Palace (or Aalesunds but I don't know if he was taking the piss, either way nobody else wants Palace or Aalesunds so he can pick whoever he wants :P)
Chris Davies Burnley
Stu Gais
Jamesy Sheff Utd
Shooto St Mirren
Daddy Davies Preston
Coopz Derby
BobbyBox AIK Solna
Jumbo Leeds
Kamy Leicester

Last edited:
How many minute halves by the way? 5 6 or 7?

I had great games on 7, but fair enough they last aaaaaaaages.

Yeah, I say 6, with the slower teams the game will be slower so an extra minute in each half seems fair to me.

Come on guys, get telling us what teams you want. ;)

EDIT: Changed my mind. Who cares if they're one and a half stars, I'm being Gais :D

Last edited:
Sorry for posting the list, I thought I was doing a good thing.

As I am from Paisley I could play as my home team St.Mirren. I dont see them being more than 3 stars :)

I will have a look tonight when I get back from work and choose my team. Unless there is a list here of 2.5 teams and below? then I will choose it now :DD

Aalesunds FK for me please :D
Seriously?! I thought you would have had Palace, aren't Aalesunds like 1.5 stars? But whatever floats your boat :PP

Just waiting on Bobby and Jumbo now!

Last edited:
only problem is that we know the danger men Joe :)

Tim are you organising this now then?

He is - all that needs doing once Bobby and Jumbo have chosen is setting up the league with the rules we've set. Can't wait now actually, that game against the FSB guy on all-semi settings was out of this world good.

We've got ten now Coopz, you're too late :PP

But yeah it's only for a bit of fun.

Are we all definately playing on semi/manual? (Apart from CB's dad)

It will be sexual if we all do :DD

Back
Top Bottom