FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

In pes the stats/attributes actually mean something

Ya know your blinkered PES biased view would be worth something if you weren't actually talking shit, PES is so realistic and accurate? Then why in PES can Riise repeatedly score 25+ yard volleys with his right foot? How many right footed goals has he scored in his whole Liverpool career? 1?

As for the Neville v Lampard shooting of Fifa, quite clearly you're not even basing your opinion on fact of playing Fifa/UEFA next gen, I've been playing UEFA solidly for weeks and the only time a poor shooter hits a good shot is when everything is perfect for the shot, he's balanced, ball is under control, no defenders are pressuring him, then and only then is there a good chance he'll hit any kind of decent shot, if a player with a poor shooting rating is being pressured he'll 9 times out of 10 miss wildly or generate almost zero shot power, even someone like Rooney with a high shooting rating struggles to hit a decent shot if off balance or pressured or rushing his shot, that is simulation that pisses on PES/WE.

I won't even go into the stamina/fatigue simulation in UEFA/Fifa that is way beyond PES/WE, in PES/WE you just end up playing with sprint held down all the time because it does shit, in Fifa/UEFA you do that and your player is completely nackered by half time and can barely spring 1 yard before slowing down to walking pace......

Ya know your blinkered PES biased view would be worth something if you weren't actually talking shit, PES is so realistic and accurate? Then why in PES can Riise repeatedly score 25+ yard volleys with his right foot? How many right footed goals has he scored in his whole Liverpool career? 1?

As for the Neville v Lampard shooting of Fifa, quite clearly you're not even basing your opinion on fact of playing Fifa/UEFA next gen, I've been playing UEFA solidly for weeks and the only time a poor shooter hits a good shot is when everything is perfect for the shot, he's balanced, ball is under control, no defenders are pressuring him, then and only then is there a good chance he'll hit any kind of decent shot, if a player with a poor shooting rating is being pressured he'll 9 times out of 10 miss wildly or generate almost zero shot power, even someone like Rooney with a high shooting rating struggles to hit a decent shot if off balance or pressured or rushing his shot, that is simulation that pisses on PES/WE.

I won't even go into the stamina/fatigue simulation in UEFA/Fifa that is way beyond PES/WE, in PES/WE you just end up playing with sprint held down all the time because it does shit, in Fifa/UEFA you do that and your player is completely nackered by half time and can barely spring 1 yard before slowing down to walking pace......

I agree with Placebo

Me and you dislike CL saunders but the shooting on it better than on PES. I remember when i used to play Carlos and Davids up front in PES :)

It seems in PES that there is no aiming on the shots, if you get the right angle and power with any player the shots look the same. PES is all about angles not the pads directons or stance, under pressure from a defender is all that seems to matter oh and there weaker foot.

Fifa/CL on the other hand the ball goes exactly where you want it to go, which pisses me off becuase i cant master it, but when you go though 1 on 1 and slot the ball in the corner you think, i did that not the cpu

Pes is going the opposite way and going arcadey, Fifa is going PES' direction when it was realistic

Stamina/Fatigue is complete rubbish on PES. I hate when you are playing a league and after playing a player for a couple of games in a row, you need to rest them for a game. Its bollucks!

So if you play the same team a few games in a row you have to keep swapping your team around to get the fittest players.

the fatigue system in PES was exaggerated on purpose by Konami so that players didnt use the same players over and over again meaning that u had to use your squad but with the PS3 n 360 it needs to be A LOT more realistic.

the fatigue system in PES was exaggerated on purpose by Konami so that players didnt use the same players over and over again meaning that u had to use your squad but with the PS3 n 360 it needs to be A LOT more realistic.

God damn right it does! People say that PES is more of a sim - but thigns like the stamina really put me off and it isn't true to life.

Maybe when a player gets to mid season or the last third of the season he needs a bit of rest when playing every game. But two or three games in is ridiculous!

This is just one of the many areas PES needs to sort out. I love PES but I haven't played UEFA or the Fifa on Xbox. But it does sound much better and I can't wait to play the next installments (As I plan to get a PS3 in the near future).

the thing with PES is that when they change one thing for the better - something else suffers - This is what frustrates me most!

I just hope that they change everything for the better as Fifa is without doubt getting extremely better. I for one will go for the better footballing experience - I have no loyalty to PES, if it is Shitter than Fifa I will say so. But I hope PES pulls it out of the bag because I have had a lot of happy times with PES.

Looking forward to doing the tricks again.

Also Im excited about the Be A Pro mode, looks class.

Exciting times ahead for football gaming :D

I cant believe it, my mag hasnt come :(

So frustrating after seeing at shops. Was gonna pop in and have a quick read but didnt bother because thought would be at home when I got there. Bollocks.

Cheers kamy100, would really appreciate it if you could scan in the images.

Damnit, I've been wanting a game that plays like "Be A Pro" for AGES! I'm so excited to see that!

downloads...

reading...

jack how is it realistic that gary Neville can shoot just as well as frank lampard as long as you position your body and foot correctly? In real life we all know gary neville shits the bed anytime he shoots, his technique isnt good, his power isn't good, his placement is usually wherever the keeper is, fifa doesnt take this into account. Thats my biggest gripe, that to me is utterly unrealistic, that as long as you properly positon the player and you body is right, he will rip shots in goal.

OPSM said:
Get the ball to Ronaldinho unmarked at the edge of the box, press :circle: until the shooting gauge is about half-full, aim right and up, and he'll curl a delicious effort beyond the straining sinews of any keeper and into the top corner. Try to do the same with Gary Neville using his left peg while under pressure from two defenders and you'll experience a wildly different result - 19 times out of 20. Like in real football, even the Red Baron gets lucky sometimes.

:| How much of a fucking coincidence is that?! But there you go anyway Gomito, they seem to have answered your criticism there!

Although saying that, they have for shooting, but not for anything else it seems. The article goes on to say that with lower-league teams, there's not much that seperates players and makes them feel different from eachother apart from speed. They're nowhere near the same as the Premiership players, but within the same league they're pretty similar. Which is a bit of a shame - but I suppose that's why they're not Premiership players, because they're not good enough.

There's a column that says they've played FIFA 08 on PS2 and PSP and they say that "neither are especially different to last year's". So they're genuine, they're not out to suck up to EA.

Shame about those looking forward to the Be A Pro mode though; they'd hinted to EuroGamer that it was more a work-in-progress, and sadly OPSM confirms that there is only an exhibition Be A Pro mode - not a season, yet. They've said that they're working on the engine for now, getting the basics nailed, and then they'll work on stuff like Be A Pro and 11 vs 11 online.

Which I think is the best plan, really.

The FIFA series is going to go a long way under Joe Booth...

Last edited:

im still reading but a couple of things arent exactly 'new and innovative' who can guess what im on about?

ive finished reading and i think its can only be good that EA seem to be stepping the game up and i have no doubt that Konami will also. the sequence thing does seem like it this year 'gimmick', obviously no one has seen it so i could be wrong.

off topic a bit but rooney is an EA dude yet he looks terrible in the game, why is that?

Last edited:

Rooney will look terrible wherever his face appears, he just has that kind of face. :eh:

thanx ThomasGoal for the new link.
it was very interesting read, i really hope that they are working hard on the gameplay department, shoting & slow skills got me excited, but again ea is good at marketing they game, they do that every year, so i am trying not to get to excited yet, till i try the demo my self & decide if i will buy it or not, but for some reasen, i have a feeling about fifa 08, that it will be a great game, we ll have 2 wait & see

im sorry to say but except for the different textures on all kits, that is not very impressive. of course i havent played the game yet to kno how it feels. (i mean 07 or CL)

IGN said:
Interactive Leagues will make their 360 and PS3 debut. Pick your favorite team. When it plays, you play. EA will tally all the wins and losses and declare a winner. EA also hinted at traditional online leagues with your buddies, but we'll have to wait and see.
Oh my GOD.

Finally, the online mode (in any next-gen football title) is going to be more than non-stop friendlies. EA are listening. YESSS!

im sorry to say but except for the different textures on all kits, that is not very impressive. of course i havent played the game yet to kno how it feels. (i mean 07 or CL)

i think it's real time shirt movement, no textures.

I'm not too keen on on this motion blurring when running fast or using shoulder buttons for tricks. I think tricks should be more determined by the left analogue stick and good timing.

I do, however, like the new animations. I know there's no videos, but you can tell there's good animation by looking at the screens.

fifa-soccer-08-20070601041109145.jpg

Last edited:

Haha, hadn't noticed that screenshot before. How gay does he look in that pose?! I totally agree with what you're saying though, that looks very realistic (compared to shots of old games where everybody is standing in the same sort of position and looking away from the ball).

Thank god they made the shooting better (apparently). I hope you can do proper tap ins now. And the tricks being in is brillant aswell. The graphics can stay the same for all I care.

Thank god they made the shooting better (apparently). I hope you can do proper tap ins now. And the tricks being in is brillant aswell. The graphics can stay the same for all I care.

same ere mate

Back
Top Bottom