FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Lami.... honestly what do you expect? the 360 is a lot more powerful than the PS2 and the PS2 has been around since the year 2000...

Dj

Maybe its normal to feel that way... because i saw ps3/360 versions first then saw ps2's. Didn't expect much of a difference to be honest. But its good that we have both pics to differentiate and know the abilities of the next gen consoles.

I choose the direction I want to shoot into based on my position, keepers and defender's positions as well as the angle I'm moving into goal at, then just as I'm powering up the shot bar I pull and hold the direction I want to shoot into, unless I'm at a very good angle for the corner I'm shooting in I don't hold the direction too long as you can pull it wide quite easily. Obviously I try to use a regular shot as much as possible because I'm then more likely to get a good amount of power on it and if the keeper does save it then it has a higher chance of not sticking to him, for the occasions I want to make 100% sure of accuracy (or as near to as possible of course) I use RB + Shoot, usually I use that when I've rounded the keeper and just need to slot it into an empty net :)

I've been a card carrying member of the fan club since the ISS days on PS1 and all PS2 versions that followed, up until Fifa07 on PS2 I never once touched a Fifa game, but I'm glad I finally did as the PES/WE series was going absolutely nowhere and stagnated for a number of versions in SP (the only mode I play). The reason I compare Fifa/UEFA 360 to PES6 360 is because this is a Fifa next gen thread, the fact Konami did such a shit awful job with their debut 360 title just shows 1. what Konami are able to do for nextgen and 2. the contempt they have for those loyal fans who followed and supported them from PS1 and PS2 days.

Thanks Placebo!

I'll try this. i've honestly had problems trying to shoot properly.

ss_preview_FINAL_ManUvsTot_4.bmp.jpg.jpg

PS2

VS

fifa-soccer-08-20070601041107879.jpg

PS3/360

EA don't work the PS2/PC version, but on the PS3/360 screenshots, the grass i fake, because no grass on other screens ;)

So who's doing fifa 08 for the ps2 and pc thomas? Nokami, midway? And the grass is real as far as i know, as it was present in fifa07 (same as the grass having depth in pes6 360 version). Not sure whether it is a fifa08 screen though, as it looks a lot like fifa07 and there havent been any fifa08 screens released yet have there?

So who's doing fifa 08 for the ps2 and pc thomas? Nokami, midway? And the grass is real as far as i know, as it was present in fifa07 (same as the grass having depth in pes6 360 version). Not sure whether it is a fifa08 screen though, as it looks a lot like fifa07 and there havent been any fifa08 screens released yet have there?

Ok u stunned me there.. so that screenshot isnt even a fifa 08? damn.. if thats how fifa 07 looks like then how good would fifa 08 be like :shock:

I might check out the Wii version to go along with the 360 version, hopefully it's decent.

Won't the Wii version be based on the PS2 engine though? thats the problem the Wii has at the moment, way too many PS2 ports.

Have you played FIFA 07?

The grass only shows when you zoom in and at certain angles (the ball is a lot closer to the screen in the shot with 3D grass).;)
I try it very quicly on 360 and sorry i don't look the grass, but it's the same angle --->

fifasoccer0820070601041la9.jpg

thats wierd, if i go on replays on cl and 07 you can see 3d grass..
anti 360 thomas!? :) lol

the wierd thing is, ps2 one actually looks good, cos its what we get used to, as games look more realistic, things that dont look realistic are more obvious....i think thats why the models are so annoyingm cos everythigns meant to be so detailed etc so now if something looks out its much more important cos of expectation..

the ridiculous thing is, id play fifa 07 on ps2 over both of the latet 360 incarnations, not only cos the graphics feel undeveloped (ie not masses of animations on things like scoring, or injuries..and hten they walk off for being subbed!lol) whereas ps2 stuff is all at the limit and i love it.

when football games fully incorporate the new power, but with all the animations etc from ps2/old gen itll be amazing, just i expect the same level of detail as on ps2, and its not really near at the mo for me.

just my opinion...but seeing that ps2 picture made me think, i feel like a game of ps2 fifa 07...its wierd! lol

(cue smartass one line comments: yes it is wierd)!!!

That second one is an earlier version? Remember how crap the grass on teh 1st pes6 360 versions looked in the monaco stadium. Totally flat without and depth, yet the later versions did have this. Im sure its the same here as 07 had grass when zoomed in very far/near.

@ lami: maybe they are the 08 ones, they just all look a lot like the 07 ones(same engine with a few graphical adjustments). Didnt think any had been released as the eurogamer "impressions" and interview posts said they couldnt show any as EA wouldnt allow it and they used the 07 ones.

Cant wait for the ps2 version of FIFA 08 now.

The gameplay for UEFA CL and FIFA 07 on the ps2 was cool, I would like to play as one player on that.

But a whole TWO PLAYER career sounds amazing.

oh man, fuseball looks class!

I think the actual game though looks very similar to psp. Even the Mii doin kick ups, that was in Fifa 07 on the PSP.

for the love of god can everyone please get over 1) Whether the grass is 3D or not and 2) Whether the shorts will be 'basketball' shorts. For gods sake. Its about how the game plays, not how it looks. I'm honestly beginning to think im in the soccergaming forum...

for the love of god can everyone please get over 1) Whether the grass is 3D or not and 2) Whether the shorts will be 'basketball' shorts. For gods sake. Its about how the game plays, not how it looks. I'm honestly beginning to think im in the SOCCERgaming forum...

Sorry to dissapoint you mate but this is a football gaming forum ;)

for the love of god can everyone please get over 1) Whether the grass is 3D or not and 2) Whether the shorts will be 'basketball' shorts. For gods sake. Its about how the game plays, not how it looks. I'm honestly beginning to think im in the soccergaming forum...

graphics can be totally functional if you ask me, but if they fuck up details you see EVERYTIME you play, like the shorts, it just pisses me off.

Back
Top Bottom