FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

did anyone see the fifa 07 (360) match last night on xleague tv? goodness me that game is so unrealistic, i was so embarrassed by what i was watching that i had to boot up the PS2 n play a couple games of PES6 to get it out my system.

In what way is it unrealistic? In the sense that it doesn't play a ping pong arcadey shite football as PES6 does? Not sure what football you watch in life but the football I see in Fifa/UEFA is miles closer to the football I watch on TV than PES, unless of course there's a kind of cartoon robot generic unlicensed football league I don't know about, in which case then yes PES is realistic ;)

the shooting technique, the passing technique (they push the ball), the way they run with the ball is all unrealistic, everyone seems the same, the guy playing as barca was the No.1 fifa player in the uk and all he did throughout all his games was to get eto'o to the edge of the box cut in and curl it into the bottom corner. there ware no tactics on show, the only impressive thing about the game was that the ball looked awesome.

FIFA 07 has many bugs, such as, getting to the edge of the box and shooting with RB. Its a goal 99% of the time, no matter what player you are.

Awful bug, I dunno how it managed to get in there. It was a dodgy build FIFA 07, the keepers were weird too.

CL is far better but I hope they make 08 more responsive.

the shooting technique, the passing technique (they push the ball), the way they run with the ball is all unrealistic, everyone seems the same, the guy playing as barca was the No.1 fifa player in the uk and all he did throughout all his games was to get eto'o to the edge of the box cut in and curl it into the bottom corner. there ware no tactics on show, the only impressive thing about the game was that the ball looked awesome.

How can you slate FIFA for being unrealistic then call PES realistic? Have you ever seen any one run in the Robotic way they run on PES? I think people need to realize PES IS NOT REALISTIC, it's just the engine you've become accustomed to and hence you believe it's realistic, BUT IT'S NOT!!!!

I think how a player pass the ball to another player is in PES more realistic than in Fifa.
I also think the way how the player in the FIfa game ran is also unrealistic (it look very strange). The long shorts also look ugly and unrealistic in Fifa and the new screens from Fifa shows that nothing happend. It look exactly the same as last year. They must imporve that thinks (also the fonts on the backside of the kits) and Fifa will be a lot more realistic.

PS . Sorry for my bad english;)

Ok, so if i approach goal i'd like to have SOME cntrol over my shot that would be more accurate. i fear that whatever i do when I point the firection stick that it just always over shoots. so now alotta times whenever i would shoot at goal in the next gen Fifa games that i can only just press the shoots button and NOT EVER make any adjustment with the anaolg stick? this is what kills this game for me. You'll be able to string along some great passes ACCURATELY mind you and then once you shoot at goal EVERYTHING left to chance to the computers AI to determine whether or not your shot goes in. the finesse button is misused as well. it's make everything floaty and wonky sometimes. i wanna be able to get in corners of the goal by manually doing it like pushing up corner on the direction stick not "ok DON"T touch the analog stick lay off get your footing right and press x?

Does ANYbody feel the same? I'm sorry but Winning eleven does the shooting at goal peefectly although it's overall gameplay is getting old

yea i think your right , the shooting in pes is maybe a little bit better than fifa/ucl 07 , the goals still feel and look better , hopefully theyve got the shooting right in 08..

In UEFA I shoot in the direction/corner I aim the controller at, no idea why some of you are apparently having such problems with it......

How can you slate FIFA for being unrealistic then call PES realistic? Have you ever seen any one run in the Robotic way they run on PES? I think people need to realize PES IS NOT REALISTIC, it's just the engine you've become accustomed to and hence you believe it's realistic, BUT IT'S NOT!!!!

players dont run in a robotic way in PES games, PES is miles ahead of fifa in terms of realism, from the way the players run, to the way they shoot, to the way full backs overlap, to the way tactics actually influence the game, to the way they pass the ball, to the way they dribble, to the way player attributes actually mean something, to the way players feel individually different to one and other - deco feels a lot different to ronnie.

In UEFA I shoot in the direction/corner I aim the controller at, no idea why some of you are apparently having such problems with it......

Please enlighten as to how though/ seriously i NEVER got the hang of it. do you press the direction a fraction before pressing x or b? i'm confused on how to get accuarte shots on goal without them looking floaty and wide

LOL you must be playing a different PES, I tried the PES6 demo for 360 and felt violated by how shite it was :)

hahah now i know your problem.. you played the PES6 for the 360 - everyone knows thats a shite game made poorly by the konami team. You need to try pes6 for ps2 or even better we10jl for ps2. We10jl is by far the best playing football sim on any console to date.

Please enlighten as to how though/ seriously i NEVER got the hang of it. do you press the direction a fraction before pressing x or b? i'm confused on how to get accuarte shots on goal without them looking floaty and wide

I choose the direction I want to shoot into based on my position, keepers and defender's positions as well as the angle I'm moving into goal at, then just as I'm powering up the shot bar I pull and hold the direction I want to shoot into, unless I'm at a very good angle for the corner I'm shooting in I don't hold the direction too long as you can pull it wide quite easily. Obviously I try to use a regular shot as much as possible because I'm then more likely to get a good amount of power on it and if the keeper does save it then it has a higher chance of not sticking to him, for the occasions I want to make 100% sure of accuracy (or as near to as possible of course) I use RB + Shoot, usually I use that when I've rounded the keeper and just need to slot it into an empty net :)

hahah now i know your problem.. you played the PES6 for the 360 - everyone knows thats a shite game made poorly by the konami team. You need to try pes6 for ps2 or even better we10jl for ps2. We10jl is by far the best playing football sim on any console to date.

I've been a card carrying member of the fan club since the ISS days on PS1 and all PS2 versions that followed, up until Fifa07 on PS2 I never once touched a Fifa game, but I'm glad I finally did as the PES/WE series was going absolutely nowhere and stagnated for a number of versions in SP (the only mode I play). The reason I compare Fifa/UEFA 360 to PES6 360 is because this is a Fifa next gen thread, the fact Konami did such a shit awful job with their debut 360 title just shows 1. what Konami are able to do for nextgen and 2. the contempt they have for those loyal fans who followed and supported them from PS1 and PS2 days.

Should we be concerned that there is no reference to UEFA CL in the previews so far? I thought that it was considered to be a huge improvement on FIFA 07?

Still, excited all the same, wonder when we'll eventually get to official hear about PES7?

i prefere the speed of fifa compared to uefa, i love fifa 07 on 360, i played the ps2 version on my ps3 and it played well too, i still prefere pes6 on ps2 to fifa on ps2 tho, pes6 on 360 is absolute wank, cant wait for fifa on ps3

LOL you must be playing a different PES, I tried the PES6 demo for 360 and felt violated by how shite it was :)

there is your problem.

"the fact Konami did such a shit awful job with their debut 360 title just shows 1. what Konami are able to do for nextgen and 2. the contempt they have for those loyal fans who followed and supported them from PS1 and PS2 days"

I do think it was wrong of konami to just do a quickie xbox title and get something out, regardless of how unfinished it was - if they continue to do this they'll tarnish their image..

but realistically, for the pes6 and we10jl on ps2 to be far superior to pes6 on xbox360 says more about their attitude towards the xbox360..rather than "1.what Konami are able to do for nextgen" - thats just rediculous. We all know PS3 is the system konami have been programming their true next gen game for.

There has been no true next gen game from konami, and until then we wont know how much better it will be than fifa2008 etc. But seeing that pes6 and we10jl not to mention pes2007 n liveware evolution (all on ps2)are among the best sims currently on any console (including next gen systems) its surely gonna be good. It cant see it being worse or step back.

Anyways..on the fifa series..including the scans of the new fifa08 for the 360, i really would like EA to consider atleast a new animations director etc. The players legs n shorts still look kinda ugly, which together with the gameplay has turned me off fifa completely. WE10jl is realistic, and just a joy to play as most aspects are covered extremely well. The keepers are much improved as is the AI of both attack and defense.. the only gripe i have with the konami games is the 8 way control.. which suprisingly still works well..but i can see that changing for next gen. Itll be interesting to see how this effects the game..

anyone know how ronaldhino is an EA cover boy an does all that motion capture stuff (hype) yet his real FK isnt in the game and it has been in the last 2 PES games?

Who cares as long a his hair moves correctly!!! ;)

They really need these types of player details though as the licensing, gamemodes and gameengine are looking like they will stuff nokami.

Tobi, no offence dude but take them PES Tinted glasses off please! PES has its faults whether you like it or not.

CPU Bullshit and cheating etc....

FIFA 07 Next Gen was a good 1st go at a proper next gen footie engine and it can only get better. It felt a lot less scripted than PES does. Sometimes PES gives me the impression that it Generates how the match should go before you TRY and play it...

Dj

Yeah, I'm playing FIFA 07 a lot recently and the goalkeepers are ridiculously good, it would be nice to be able to dribble past them but I'm having no luck. :p

I wasn't good enough at Fifa to get chances to take it round the keeper before I moved on to UEFA, now with UEFA I do it fairly regularly, just a case of watching the keeper carefully as he comes towards you and then just twitching the controller away from him at the last second, generally they won't commit themselves too early which makes it harder.

I've read loads of people saying the keepers are "god like" or "ridiculously good" as you just put it, to be honest I think they're almost spot on, if you put the ball somewhere they can get to it they'll most times get to it, if their defence leaves them vulnerable or your movement is so good you get a large area of the goal to aim at or if you just hit the perfect shot you will score, as you should.

To my mind the goalkeeping in the game is Brad Friedel, Brad is a very solid shot stopper, he'll pull off the saves he's supposed to make on most occasions, he'll sometimes pull off some really nice flashy flying saves, however he will occasionally make a mistake and the ball will trickle in off him or he'll get his angles wrong or something like that, or more likely the defence will let him down and the attacker gets too much goal to aim at, or of course someone just smacks a beauty that he can only stand and admire......

Back
Top Bottom