FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Ah right well which twat posted that in the FIFA 07 thread....?

DJ

I've watched it a few times now and it's growing on me. Bring it on I say.

cowden_harley said:
uh oh that aint looking so hot. Did you hear andy grey? The keeper got a hand to it but it still went in and he said - "The keeper thinks he has made a great save but the striker has rammed in the rebound"

We don't know how up to date the build is so it could be ironed out on release. I hope.

Ok the odd commentary fluff up... at least it aint "The sun is shining and the Wind is shooting through the stadium!" PES1

"They have cut off his Options" PES4 + 5

"Goodness me he should have got that one in!" PES2

I mean come on those are nothing comments.....

DJ

My impression is that this looks OK. Graphically I think it looks awesome allthough the players still look a bit too shiny and some of the facial models again dont look much like their real life counterparts. Not having official Fonts/Lettering is a huge shame and I wonder why they cant do that? The game looks as if it moves well and does remind me of WE/PES. Im looking forward to this more than PES due to what was shown about the physics and the fact that EA have said "we didnt have enough time to include all the leagues in this version as we have been working on a brand new engine" which sounds promising I hope its not just EA bollocks talk. I for one will take a chance on this game when it comes out and I Hope im not going to be disappointed.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
My impression is that this looks OK. Graphically I think it looks awesome allthough the players still look a bit too shiny and some of the facial models again dont look much like their real life counterparts. Not having official Fonts/Lettering is a huge shame and I wonder why they cant do that? The game looks as if it moves well and does remind me of WE/PES. Im looking forward to this more than PES due to what was shown about the physics and the fact that EA have said "we didnt have enough time to include all the leagues in this version as we have been working on a brand new engine" which sounds promising I hope its not just EA bollocks talk. I for one will take a chance on this game when it comes out and I Hope im not going to be disappointed.

DJ

About sums up my feelings as well apart from I'm more on the positive side of OK.

Oh yeah im positive about this mate, I think it will be very good as I do enjoy the Current Gen game and if this removes more of the annoyances from the Current Gen game then ill be chuffed with this.

DJ

dont get me wrong im really looking forward to this game.

Just a couple of things bugged me about they vids.

Goalkeepers look the same as WC2006 and that aint good.
And the commentary, which isnt a big thing to be honst.

Im hoping they sort the goalies out stop the "impossible saves" and of course the "stupid tap in goals after a keeper has spilt an easy shot..."

DJ

looked a bit smoother than current gen but it does seem very clean and a little bland, given all the so called ability and power of the next gen...
why can't the pitches look more life like and cut up and wear, all a bit shiny... the guys who have the net fetishes wont be too happy either!!

Madden 07 springs to mind when we mention pitches! its awesome how the field cuts up it looks awesome! Why couldnt the graphical team working on FIFA produced something very similar to that for it!

DJ

I've heard a lot about Madden 07 will have to give it a look I think... The vid's look good but as people have pointed out all looks a bit lifeless and clean... Think we may have to wait for PS3...

Not sure what difference waiting for the PS3 will give you... I think we just need to give Next Gen games in general a chance to develop. So the developers can get to grips with the Dev Kits and try and make as much use out of them as they can and produce new and cool features.

DJ

Nick Cave said:
looked a bit smoother than current gen but it does seem very clean and a little bland, given all the so called ability and power of the next gen...
why can't the pitches look more life like and cut up and wear, all a bit shiny... the guys who have the net fetishes wont be too happy either!!

I thought the net really rippled realisticly at Defoes second goal.

looks nice I think. I like them screenshots.

DJ

Dont know why people are always going on about the commentary not being life-like, have any of you heard the random rubbish motty and lawro spout? Like for example the smith injury last season at anfield. Lawro, yeah its the power of risse shot, replays show he stopped the ball with the other foot and fell on the injured one to which lawro reponds "yeah it a very powerfull shot and it has injured smith". They all talk shyte whether real life or digital, turn it off i say! :D

Those IGN movies seem to be played on Easy difficulty, i hope. Net looks fine it does ripple very nicely. Now if there would come new footage that would show freekicks, corners and good gameplay i would be happy.

As for the videos, really dont like the way the players recieve the ball, but i also had that with pes nextgen. Does look a lot like current gen fifa though.

Some of the animations are really PES-like, like the way they turn while running. Which is a good thing I guess.

The passing animations don't look so hot, and they all seem to run in the same way, they should have different running animations like PES does, in fact they should have more.

Anyway the game "feels" better than current gen.

Im looking forward to it more than Pro Evo 6. it does look very similar to WC2006, espeially the dribbling, tackling and floaty crossing of the ball.

JayD said:
I thought the net really rippled realisticly at Defoes second goal.

Net physics did not impress me at all. They still look stiff and unnatural upon ball impact. Look at some real life videos of net physics and you will see the difference. When the ball hits the net in real life the entire net structure vibrates and ripples. Not the case in that video or any soccer sim video other than FK.

I don't like how the players look/run. Turning looks unnatural and robotic..and leaning on the run just doesn't look normal as it does in WE. Tha ball still looks like a string is attached to it on turns/leans. I don't know, I am just very disappointed at that video. Hope I'm wrong.

I am enjoying the PC Demo for this game with no end. Why does the gameplay look different on that 360 video than the PC one. I thought the PC's gameplay will be identical to the 360 version. This is what I was looking forward to playing since I am having a blast with the PC Demo.

Really interesting how this will turn out. If the 360 demo doesn't impress me, I will purchase the PC/xbox one.

It's hard to judge a little 300x180 video.

Yeah, you can see a little of gameplay but you lose 9/10 of the original detail so obviously the graphics look a "little blend" and shIt..

The videos look good to me. So me whack animations here and there but overall, it's good.

It doesn't matter to me if the video is really good or really shit, watching is the never the same as playing. I will not pass my final judgement until i play the demo.

jumbo said:

Yeah, you can see a little of gameplay but you lose 9/10 of the original detail so obviously the graphics look a "little blend" and shIt..

The videos look good to me. So me whack animations here and there but overall, it's good.

It doesn't matter to me if the video is really good or really shit, watching is the never the same as playing. I will not pass my final judgement until i play the demo.

Exactly, the little things don't come across in a video.

Jumbo said:

Yeah same here, but i can thelp notice the goal celebrations :shock:, is it only me that thinks they are half arsed?, i dont like to be negative and all, but at the same time i just din't like it one bit, also the way henry was leaning while he blased past the 2 players, dint look very realistic imo.... BTW jumbo you can watch the hi-res vid its prolly better ;)

Back
Top Bottom