FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

studeep said:
Just another bit of detail i noticed, if you look closely at the players shirts, it looks like they react in real time to how the players move, like when they are not running and they are kinda in a stance, the crease in the shirts are a bit less and they look more centered, but when they are running, you'll notice that as both shoulders go back and forth (in a sort of running motion) the shirts stretch to complement that, and thats just so clever, it's like the more i watch vids and see pics of this game the more realistic it seems..
Yeah, there is a trailer (I don't remember which one) where one of the devs talks about the mapping that makes the shirt appear to crease. Still no NBA 2K7 with its full cloth simulation, but its better than most sports games so far.:)

At least some effort appears to have been made here to make a proper Next Gen footy title and not some half arsed Japanese attempt.... No Pun intended Konami or should I say Nokami :)

DJ

I see the gameplay video and it seems that the phisics of the ball are really good!!
But the players without the ball continues worries me!!! They are so static!!!!
And the space between the defence and the midfield worries me to!!!

Even if EA has FIFA 07 demo ready Microsofts quality control might take some time to actually put it on the Marketplace.

jumbo where did you see this info? friday the 13th of October sounds like a joke!!

DJ

Cologne, 27 September 2006 -
Εlectronic Arts presents the new, dynamic I/O sport engine for the play FIFA 07 for the Xbox 360 on the X06-Event von Microsoft in Barcelona on 27 and 28 September.
Fans of FIFA 07 can experience this new engine and the completely new Gameplay before the world-wide publication on the Xbox 360: Starting from 13 October 2006 a FIFA 07-Demo will be available for the Xbox 360-System on the Xbox live-marktplatz. FIFA 07 on the Xbox 360 leaves the traditional way of a animation-based play engine and sets now during the play computation on physically realistic dynamics and an extensive data base.
Thus life-genuine movements, a speed ungekannte so far develop during the conversion of the control on the players and a breath-robbing optics. The number of the attributes for the player characteristics was doubled. Owing to independent ball physics the expiration of play becomes more realistic and more unforeseeable. For the first time there are 07 player analyses in real time with FIFA.
The player can pursue the achievement of each individual soccer player, by throwing and regarding a view of the passport -, to firing and defense statistics, where at the place of the players be and which he contributed to the play of his crew.
With the help of this deep play analysis the player problems in defense and attack can determine and in the half time founded decisions to meet. The extensive features are rounded off by the manager mode, with which world class players can be trained.
FIFA 07 on Xbox 360 contains additionally comprehensive on-line features, which hold the player in real time with current results from the world of the football, weekly Podcasts and a news-ticker up to date. In on-line plays four players at a console can begin together against four opponents at another console.
Those NEXT generation version of FIFA 07 is world-wide exclusively available for the Xbox 360 of Microsoft.

deftonesmx17 said:
Yeah, there is a trailer (I don't remember which one) where one of the devs talks about the mapping that makes the shirt appear to crease. Still no NBA 2K7 with its full cloth simulation, but its better than most sports games so far.:)

Yeah NBA2K7's cloth simulation is on another level!! :shock:, i doubt if any footy game'll ever use or do anything close to that, but i think it can be just about implemented at least on the shorts models. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifa_07

"FIFA 07 demo will be made available on Xbox Live Marketplace in October"

"Each player in the game will be unique, even have dynamic clothes"

"EA has cut all but seven leagues from the Xbox 360-version of the game. In reality it is only 6 though, because one of these has only one team (Juventus). According to producer Jean-Charles Gaudechon this is because the new game engine used for the Xbox 360-version took them so long, they were not able to implement everything. Everything will be back to normal for FIFA 08 however"

"The commentary will be provided by Martin Tyler and Andy Gray. New in the Xbox 360-version is that the commentary will be learning, which means that the commentary AI will remember what has happened before in the match and react accordingly. The commentary will also know new triggers."

Last edited:

Wow! good find APX. This is continuing to sound like a great game!

DJ

Ofcourse there will be National teams. Check the wikipedia link its all listed there.

Last edited:

What that means is just like they usually do with The Rest Of The World Section. Juve are a massive Italian club with a huge following and thats why they have bent over backwards to include them in some way.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
What that means is just like they usually do with The Rest Of The World Section. Juve are a massive Italian club with a huge following and thats why they have bent over backwards to include them in some way.

DJ

But if they're doing that, would it be that much trouble to include a few more teams from leagues that aren't in the game?

Not being able to do a next gen Benfica x Man United won't be fun. :(

Oh, and i worry for national teams as well, don't think i've seen a single screen with national teams yet...

One observation, the guy playing as Arsenal is totally shite. Good graphics although the keepers don't look to hot, I hope that it's a low skill level.

Yup, looks same old Fifa to me :( Nice to see the mighty Spurs stuffing the scum on their home turf though!

Agree...Henry on one of those videos while running full speed does not at all look like the real Henry...It doesn't even resemble him from afar with out the ball..I am disappointed in those movies. They look crap!

First impression was one of dissapointment. But after watching a few times I'm still not as optimistic as before but I'm still willing to give it a go. Videos are hard to tell from in football games and add to that the guy playing was a crock of sh@t. Roll on the demo I say then we can get a feel of the game ourselves.

jflores said:
Agree...Henry on one of those videos while running full speed does not at all look like the real Henry...It doesn't even resemble him from afar with out the ball..I am disappointed in those movies. They look crap!

Suprised you havn't commented on how the great the nets looked. ;)

..but maybe a bit too effortless, same goes for long balls and crossing where the ball physics looks a bit off too. for the rest its really decent, like the energy meters and the way players react to the position of the ball.

yes henry isnt exactly spot on, his steps are too short, body proportions arent right and he has his socks at normal height.

uh oh that aint looking so hot. Did you hear andy grey? The keeper got a hand to it but it still went in and he said - "The keeper thinks he has made a great save but the striker has rammed in the rebound"

airjoca said:
But if they're doing that, would it be that much trouble to include a few more teams from leagues that aren't in the game?

Not being able to do a next gen Benfica x Man United won't be fun. :(

Oh, and i worry for national teams as well, don't think i've seen a single screen with national teams yet...
There was a screenshot showing USA playing someone cant remember who it was and that was a next gen screen.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom