FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Everyone keeps saying "This will play ALMOST as good as PES". I am not going to spend £40 on a game which is ALMOST as playable as PES5 or ALMOST has the depth of it. I want FIFA 07 to be MORE PLAYABLE than PES6, with better looking player-models and more depth. I am not holding my breath to be honest (because EA let us down YEAR after YEAR). I can imagine the reviews now:

PES6 9/10 - An excellent football game, the best PES yet.
FIFA 07 8/10 - Better than ever but STILL lacks the depth of PES.

The baseline is it is making real noticable progress, you cant ask for more than that really, konami has the experience of making absolutely brilliant gameplay and improving on that will even be more ground breaking but at the same time thier presentation pert of the game is nowhere near EA's (Fifa), so you wanting fifa07 to play a better gameplay of football than Pes is just like saying you want konami's presentation and masterleague to (all of a suden) not only match EA's but beat them at thier own game and be better, thats almost impossible imho, but as ever only time will tell ;)

studeep said:
The baseline is it is making real noticable progress, you cant ask for more than that really, konami has the experience of making absolutely brilliant gameplay and improving on that will even be more ground breaking but at the same time thier presentation pert of the game is nowhere near EA's (Fifa), so you wanting fifa07 to play a better gameplay of football than Pes is just like saying you want konami's presentation and masterleague to (all of a suden) not only match EA's but beat them at thier own game and be better, thats almost impossible imho, but as ever only time will tell ;)

I hate EA's menu system full stop, although Konami lack the depth of EA on the manager side their menu system is a lot more user friendly than EA, flash song lists and drop down menus, tacked with crap player graphics are awful, trying to find things out on Konami's system is much quicker and easier..

Strangely enough I just saw the advertisement for FIFA 07 earlier this evening. It features a football supporter climbing over the terrace fence, running onto the pitch and placing the ball on the centre-circle. He looks at Ronaldino & Rooney and a voice-over says; "This is our season" or something along those lines. Really good ad - EA mean business!

ALSO:

Anyone seen this FIFA 07 presentation before? Very informative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaILqmouV6M

Last edited by a moderator:

El Diego said:
Everyone keeps saying "This will play ALMOST as good as PES". I am not going to spend £40 on a game which is ALMOST as playable as PES5 or ALMOST has the depth of it. I want FIFA 07 to be MORE PLAYABLE than PES6, with better looking player-models and more depth. I am not holding my breath to be honest (because EA let us down YEAR after YEAR). I can imagine the reviews now:

PES6 9/10 - An excellent football game, the best PES yet.
FIFA 07 8/10 - Better than ever but STILL lacks the depth of PES.

Be not so shure my friend, i think this time EA did it right for the next gen consoles, on PS2 best footigame is WE10 or PES6, but i am not shure for 360console!

You have right PEs player moddels and playability is the top, but EA did it right this Time, dont nissunderstud me, i love WE/PES and i have never bought a FIFA GAME! the videos i have seen looks very well, and i am sure Konami did PES& on 360 same as we/PES on PS2, every year the same but in HD this Time, thats not enough!If EA did the playermodells well and it seems that this Time they go PESlike for us Fans its the best!
I want something new, not every year the same and the same!

What comes after WE8....... nothing realy new, same graphiks, and every Game they change shooting, passing,AI....and so on! Ones they did it right other time they did it wrong but every year we buy thia Game spending a lot of Money, and thats why Konami lys Back and louaghs with us!
Give the Crowd an Update and lets have Fun!

I hope for all of us that PES6 will be great, but why not having a second Great Game full licenced! I will buy PES6 for sure, but if Fifa2006 will be great, i will buy it also!

I totally agree Jimis, I REALLY want FIFA 07 to be a brilliant game - I won't even bother buying PES6 if it is. I am just a sceptic when it comes to EA - their games always have the flashy graphics but the playability always lets them down. Please God, let FIFA 07 be an awesome title.

El Diego said:
I totally agree Jimis, I REALLY want FIFA 07 to be a brilliant game - I won't even bother buying PES6 if it is. I am just a sceptic when it comes to EA - their games always have the flashy graphics but the playability always lets them down. Please God, let FIFA 07 be an awesome title.

I think EA has checked out that only having the licence make not the good game! So what i have seen on the videos looks well, about the Feeling we will know when it comes out!Ball physiks and animation are looking Brilliant!

Ihope also that they do it well... but who knows!

EA.... and the guys developing the game in canada........... they know :mrgreen:

it's good to see EA are actually trying to improve the gameplay for next-gen. whereas Konami are stagnating and even dropping/losing a whole league! an unlicensed league at that! :(

SPMC said:
it's good to see EA are actually trying to improve the gameplay for next-gen. whereas Konami are stagnating and even dropping/losing a whole league! an unlicensed league at that! :(

Irony at it's best right there.

Oh and nice find on those screens, Pepe.

Last edited:

Digital Adboards too like they have at Real and Old Trafford!! get in EA!!

DJ

Lads if this plays as good as it looks (IMHO ignoring all FIFA haters) then it could quite possibly be the best all round football game and could become an essential purchase! Demo please EA?

DJ

my god, those shots of real look amazing. main suggestion they are render or touch ups is there is 2 shots of roma one after another, identical but with a light adjustment

Must admit,The gameplay video looks amazing.

I really like how the ball seems to have a "heavy" appearance,the way it should be,imo.

What to buy,what to buy???

Lets just hope it plays as good as it looks! fingers crossed. Would be nice to know if and when EA are releasing the demo allthough knowing EA's track record this wont appear on the Marketplace until after the game has come out which in my opinion is stupid.

DJ

why can't they get the fonts right. every shot looks so amazing, then you take a look at the number, and it just spoils the whole realistic look. screw ea. :(

cause they are stupid fucks who are just as lazy as konami. screw all footie game companies! never again virtual football! gimme FM 07 + real football :D :(

6 leagues, and not even the top teams with real fonts? seriously, that's just a stupid excuse. :(

Just another bit of detail i noticed, if you look closely at the players shirts, it looks like they react in real time to how the players move, like when they are not running and they are kinda in a stance, the crease in the shirts are a bit less and they look more centered, but when they are running, you'll notice that as both shoulders go back and forth (in a sort of running motion) the shirts stretch to complement that, and thats just so clever, it's like the more i watch vids and see pics of this game the more realistic it seems..

BUT HOW DOES IT PLAY!? I dont care about kits, I want to know how this plays!

ARRGGGGGHH!

Calm down dude!!, thats why vids are all around the web, and everyone's hoping for a demo, get to grips with what you can make due with, like OPM stated, with the pics released now we know we know we can look up to crappy stupid fonts and the vids hints ball physics we can look foward to. No matter how capitallistic(?) and bold you make your fonts look, you still wont know how it plays any sonner than EA wants mate, patience is the key ;)

lol we all are, but the only thing we can do is hope for an early demo, but as Dj said, EA track record isn't looking very good atm, so here's hoping ;)

I think the FIFA 07 360 videos are very impressive, and I'm not even thinking about PES at the moment (the more I see vids of it the more I laugh at the on-rails, three steps one direction, three steps left, three steps forward etc.) - but the people on this forum who are enjoying FIFA 07 on current-gen will tell you that the two biggest faults are the difficulty levels, and the goalkeepers, who couldn't hold onto a million-quid cheque.

Now, if you unlock the legendary difficulty mode, the difficulty seems to be absolutely spot on - very hard to get a win. Plus, EA have said the difficulty levels are being "reworked" for the 360 version anyway. However... With the goalkeepers, too many goals come from them spilling shots, they can't seem to tip the ball around the posts, only parry it two foot forward.

And what worries me is that in all of the FIFA 07 (360) videos, I've seen the keepers behaving no differently at all... Always tipping the ball wide, or over the bar.

I'm panicking now. If the main fault of the game is exactly the same, I'd rather keep playing the PC version as the lower-league team I love, because the results will all end up the same anyway, better physics or not.

If anyone spots a FIFA 360 video with impressive goalkeepers, do me a favour and show us the link. I'd love to put my mind at rest over this.

I completely agree Jack about the keepers, they always get a heavy contact on the save rather than finger tips and that's where the goals are often scored. Funnily, although I'm a regular 5* pes player (not the best by any means and hardly play it now) I'm actually finding it hard to win on the ps2 version. I lost every game (about 10) on World class so I've moved down to pro level! So if the 360 version plays similar then I'll be ok with it, but I wish they could sort out the keepers and get them off their line - pes keepers react very well when the ball is loose.

Back
Top Bottom