1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by NickSCFC, 28 September 2006.

1. NickSCFC

NickSCFC Banned

18 July 2003
    Stoke-on-Trent, UK
    Stoke City/Liverpool
    It's getting confusing having one thread for the current-gen version and next-gen version (which is apparently a completely different gam).

So we should have seperate threads.

Could a mod change the name of the other thread to "FIFA 07 - Current-gen" Cheers.

A nice vid to get us goin!

http://xboxyde.com/news_3623_en.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 6 November 2006
  2. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Having watched the vid it does look a bit RTFWC on 360 to me and that worries me. That game was an excuse of a game! it sucked and also felt really cheap. Shooting system was awful and players ran like retards. Im hoping my initial thoughts on seeing that video are put to bed very soon.

DJ

3. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool

those screenies look amazing, but I think they are FMV, surely!

4. deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17 100% Werder!

13 July 2005
    United States of Arrogance
    Werder Bremen

Why? Its not like NHL 07, NBA Live 07, or Madden 07 look any worse, actually, NBA Live 07 looks better IMO as it has cloth simulation...............

5. cowden_harley

cowden_harley MOANING PRICK

3 October 2003
    Central Park
    Cowdenbeath FC

from
    http://xbox360.qj.net/FIFA-07-gamepl...g/49/aid/67730
    and
    http://xbox360.qj.net/Feel-the-seaso...g/49/aid/67449

6. djdoc

djdoc Guest

We already know it doesnt have 27 leagues. It only has 6 I think for the 360.

DJ

7. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers

DJ, he's saying they've changed their mind. Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. I'll be so so happy if that's the case.

Cowden, your links don't work though, the middle of the URLs have been replaced by dots. PLEASE PLEASE fix them.

Edit: HERE is the first fixed link. Oh happy day, more teams in the 360 version, I think I might cry. :)

Edit 2: New EA press release on FIFA 07 360. Doesn't mention any extra teams so I'm dubious of the first link, but just READ the way they explain the game works on the 360. Definitely the game I'm most excited about this year (especially seeing as they say it's harder).

Last edited: 28 September 2006
  8. ripkord

ripkord Super Laser Ninja League

2 August 2003
    Glasgow
    Rangers

woot this game LOOKS amazing, I hope it plays as well... 07 on the PC played a bit better so if they got rid of the weird gravito-ball then I'll be happy....

9. Bule

Bule Leoni Rossi

20 March 2004
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Galatasaray SK

Graphics are great expect kits. Texture is really nice but meshes, colours, logos and number styles could be much better.

10. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Now that would be awesome! 27 leagues!! woah! but thats a major jump upwards. How many leagues does Current Gen FIFA have?

DJ

11. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
  12. Beardymagic

Beardymagic League 2

6 July 2004
    England
    Southend United!

We'll have to cross our fingers and pray that the story about added leagues isn't a hoax, as it says in a linked article that there's 25 leagues in the current gen so 27 would be finding 2 more?!

Anyone else think it's strange they've gone for Martin Tyler on 360 when the commentary on current gen is so good? (Andy Gray could be better though)

13. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers

I found the commentary thing strange as the commentary in the current-gen version doesn't seem to be "recycled" from a previous version, so why record everything twice? But then saying that, in the interview, they say that in every European country they're focusing on they've approached the main football broadcasting companies to use their commentators for that extra-real experience, so I suppose they've just "saved" that extra something-else to make people choose the £10-more-expensive 360 version.

And now that you've found out that current gen has 25 leagues, I'm 99% sure that there's not 27 in the 360 version, the story must be a hoax. No fucking way when they've been talking about how much extra time it's taken them to 360-ize everything.

14. airjoca

airjoca International

29 July 2003
    Amadora, Portugal
    SL Benfica

If the Xbox 360 version has 27 leagues, i'll buy two copies of the game just for the feck of it. But i know it won't. :)

15. SXFuzz

SXFuzz Super Moderator Staff

17 November 2001

compared to the latest video, what I'm about to say is really trivial but, I'm sure some will agree, I'm really glad that the screenshots show that the players' boots actually bend when touching the surface of the grass. I hate current gen, whereby a foot will disappear into the ground.

PS. the 27 leagues thing seems outrageously far fetched, but I'm still very excited about the prospect of a decent kick about on the 360, be it from FIFA or PES.

16. Blackjim

Blackjim Professional amateur

1 December 2004
    London, UK
    Arsenal
  17. Bingham67

Bingham67 Champions League

17 July 2005

Yep popped up on my RSS and im straight there to watch that awesome although ill reserve judgement on the shooting as didnt see much in it.

The reason i say this as the shot looked kind of weird and not like the PC or PS2 version from vids ive seen on youtube. :)

18. Blackjim

Blackjim Professional amateur

1 December 2004
    London, UK
    Arsenal

I find it very very good looking.
    ball physics looks awsome. Ages ahead from the PC version that we have now.
    can't w8 for the demo :D :D

19. STG

STG League 1

1 September 2005
  20. pepe montoto

pepe montoto League 1

8 August 2004
    Australia
    Boca Juniors

Can't wait for this freaking demo!!!!
    Konami in trouble

21. STG

STG League 1

1 September 2005

Either the gameplay's not quite what they made it out to be, or the people playing the game were SHOCKINGLY AWFUL.

22. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers

The way the goalkeeper saved every shot with this weird standing-bounce forward... I'm really worried now.

23. jumbo

jumbo Premiership

30 May 2003
    WE Heaven

That demo release date is for all regions right? Hope itz none of that Euro exclusive bullshit..!!!!

EDIT: holy fuckin shit. this game looks amazing on these new movies. Im saying a big fucking NO to KONAMI until they come up with fresh game for this new gen.

Last edited: 29 September 2006
  24. BumperMan

BumperMan Champions League

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw

You can tell A LOT from that video which will probably be the final buld. first thing you notice is that the players playing are bad (might be a case of a the controls now)the seconf thing is the ball physic are just as good as any we/pes game ever made. play animations are smooth smooth smooth9when dribbling and passing of course. goalkeeping looks the same(shaved shots anyway0 graphics and lighting are VERY good finally.

all in all impressive as all hell.

lets just hope the y finally have the shooting sorted cuz none of those players were attempting any shots at goal for us to see shots animate in

25. Adonis

Adonis Guest

I think it looks pretty good.

For the first time you can see clear differences between players. I loved the way when the ball was passed to Duff you already knew it was him before checking the name at the bottom. Same goes for Martins.

The passing animation looks sweet. The only bad thing is the shooting animation. Awful, unfortunately.

26. JayD

JayD Premiership

27 April 2002
    Arsenal

I'm in shock that looked toooooooo good. Adonis what shooting animation are you refering to? I only saw 1 shot so you definitly need to see more before judging. Looks excellent and if this is the way forward for next gen footy im happy. EA who are constantly criticized to need to be applauded for this effort on first impressions a real step forward IMO. Now to watch it again.

27. JayD

JayD Premiership

27 April 2002
    Arsenal

If thats all you took from the clip and are truley worried by it, I fear no game is good enough for you.

28. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC

Any news on the teams and league status... I'm sure they were cropping down to crap Konami standards..... If they have put them back in I'll buy my 360 now....

29. MrMic

MrMic Guest

I thought the gameplay video was really good, especially the ball physics. What I didn't like was the somewhat akward behaviour of the goalkeepers (also in the replays at the end).

The AI was a little strange too, look at the CPU-Controlled Defenders. We'll see in the Demo...

30. slasher

slasher Take that Mr Silva

21 June 2003
    Belfast
    Man United

When is the demo coming out?