FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

I must say,I'm very impressed with the ball behaviour.The shooting finally looks about right as well.

Could this be the match-up to konami that most of us have wanted for a long time?

I hope so !!!

the players look better not the short little stumpy people the 360 game should be a lot better they changed they way the players run aswell

jambotommy said:
I must say,I'm very impressed with the ball behaviour.The shooting finally looks about right as well.

Could this be the match-up to konami that most of us have wanted for a long time?

I hope so !!!

Well mate, all I can say is the majority of soccer games fans ages 30+ (like myself) were once FIFA fans... Then Konami took over.
Eight years have passed (IMO)
I've played this FIFA video more than 20 times already and considering it's just the PS2/Xbox version, when I think of what the 360 version may look like, the more I watch it the more I like it. What if they really improved the gameplay this time around?

Last edited:

"...as a spot where the ball will land will be highlighted..."

Very original. Every "new thing" i see in this game has been in Konami games for ages. Bah

The 360 version has a different engine so it should be a lot better than that video.

BumperMan said:
I would like to see that video? and why havenm't we? I mean we have the stills of the confrence.

It's probably because they weren't allowed to film any of it, like with PES6, they weren't allowed to do any with that.

WE will feature four players offline but only two players online via Xbox Live. Konami says the difficulties in working on a new platform make more than two players on Live too difficult. Konami didn't allow us to take media of the game, so just imagine a smoother, faster, high-def version of the PS2 game and you'll get the idea. We will have media soon, however.

Funny how everyone else has though.

pepe montoto said:
What if they really improved the gameplay this time around?

I for one,Would buy it,especially as it has the SPL and coca cola league etc.

The player models look the best yet in ANY football game(yes football,not american rugby:lmao: )

Methinks konami may just be a tad worried about EA.

'Bout time too \\:o/

jambotommy said:
I for one,Would buy it,especially as it has the SPL and coca cola league etc.

The player models look the best yet in ANY football game(yes football,not american rugby:lmao: )

Methinks konami may just be a tad worried about EA.

'Bout time too \\:o/

Agree. Manager mode looks interesting as well.
I also don't care if they steel ideas from Konami as long as I end up paying for a decent next gen soccer game. Left trigger (PES's R2) shot looks class.

Last edited:

pepe montoto said:
Agree. Manager mode looks interesting as well.
I also don't care if they steal ideas from Konami as long as I end up paying for a decent next gen soccer game. Left trigger (PES's R2) shot looks class.

Pepe,having just flicked movies between the xbox 360 version of pes6,and the old xbox version of fifa 07,there is almost no difference graphically.

And,imo,the older xbox fifa 07 looks almost as good as WC Germany 06 on the 360(which I thought was a decent game,but they fecked up the online system),It makes you think just how crisp this could be for the next-gen !!!

But please EA,don't screw up the online mode this time,it would be nice to complete a game,without fearing a corner !!!:(

jambotommy said:
Pepe,having just flicked movies between the xbox 360 version of pes6,and the old xbox version of fifa 07,there is almost no difference graphically.

And,imo,the older xbox fifa 07 looks almost as good as WC Germany 06 on the 360(which I thought was a decent game,but they fecked up the online system),It makes you think just how crisp this could be for the next-gen !!!

But please EA,don't screw up the online mode this time,it would be nice to complete a game,without fearing a corner !!!:(

True but unfortunately we'll have to wait on that one.
I honestly don't want to watch that video anymore. As a PES blind fan, I'm genuinely confused. Did you see Totti's pass???????
After the amount of shit I've given EA in the past five or six years I can't believe there's a high chance of me buying FIFA 07 !!! LOL!!!!!!

jambotommy said:
Yep,I've been a little critical of EA myself,But I really think I'm going to love this game.
Just a feeling.
Dunno if this has been posted,but what the hell,makes great reading.
Fifa 2007 (xbox360)

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66848

Thanks man. Excellent read. Looks like they actually did steel a lot of ideas from Konami, particularly the "new" engine one. As I said before, I don't really care. I've got a good feeling about this game too.
Any idea of a release date?

me as a soccer fan, not as a company fan i would like to see any football game, to play as realistic as possible, whhich ea was no where neare it, thanks to konami to bring the best soccer on earth, which i played it for many years. but now if they do all what they promese, with the new engine, ball movements,(which include better passing throw balls & shoting) the game will feel comlitely different, i would be more then happy to c fifa moving to the right direction, in the end i maybe have to get both games, pes6 and fifa2007 both for xbox360, still i will wait for some revies bifore i get fifa2007

IF finally they have done it right that the ball is seperate then we might have a very good game on our hands this coming fall.

It still looks like a slight update from WC 06, yeah the ball physics appear to have changed for the better and they have added a Finesse shot but what else is different? are the players more realistic to control? has scripting been reduced further more? are we now more in control of shots and do they go pretty much where we want to place them or not? those are the questions I have to throw at FIFA 07, I hope it comes back with positive answers when I get a chance to Demo it. Graphically I think the 360 version looks awesome and its a shame Konami failed to do this with PES6 360....

DJ

djdoc360 said:
It still looks like a slight update from WC 06, yeah the ball physics appear to have changed for the better and they have added a Finesse shot but what else is different? are the players more realistic to control? has scripting been reduced further more? are we now more in control of shots and do they go pretty much where we want to place them or not? those are the questions I have to throw at FIFA 07, I hope it comes back with positive answers when I get a chance to Demo it. Graphically I think the 360 version looks awesome and its a shame Konami failed to do this with PES6 360....

DJ

Exactly how I feel on it.

Every year they spout how this and that's different, they've added specific things and revolutionalised their games, and every year they're proven to be talking absolute shit. So for people to be cautious on the new game is only right. I'll save my judgement until I see some vids of the "next gen version" and final judgement when I actually play it. Until then, VERY sceptical.

Also, with the graphics issue, EA have had 2 games to get that right. Konami's on their first, lay off them a little.

Last edited:

STG said:
Exactly how I feel on it.

Every year they spout how this and that's different, they've added specific things and revolutionalised their games, and every year they're proven to be talking absolute shit. So for people to be cautious on the new game is only right. I'll save my judgement until I see some vids of the "next gen version" and final judgement when I actually play it. Until then, VERY sceptical.
What makes me laugh is Gamesmaster and Official PS2 Magazine (the latter of which has a history of not really rating FIFA games) Are saying that this is by far and away the best FIFA they have played yet.... GM said that last year about 06 and whilst it was an improvement over 05 it still was no where near PES4 (didnt like 5) and WE10 (which I think is amazing!)

DJ

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/727/727889p1.html
To create this level of realism, EA had to go back to the drawing board and build the FIFA 360 engine completely from scratch - none of the code from the next-gen version has migrated from current-gen versions.

The videos of current-gen FIFA 07 already look very promising............if the 360 version is really like what IGN says(in link above), I might just play FIFA this year and skip the PS2 port of PES on the 360.................at least I'll be playing a game that is really next-gen and not held back by the powerless PS2.......and not to mention I wont have to wait until a couple months into 2007 for the game to be released in the states like I will with PES6(unless its region free).......

Last edited:

deftonesmx17 said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/727/727889p1.html

The videos of current-gen FIFA 07 already look very promising............if the 360 version is really like what IGN says(in link above), I might just play FIFA this year and skip the PS2 port of PES on the 360.................at least I'll be playing a game that is really next-gen and not held back by the powerless PS2.......and not to mention I wont have to wait until a couple months into 2007 for the game to be released in the states like I will with PES6(unless its region free).......
Yep thats due to the fact that EA got a 'dedicated' team to work on the Next Gen Project. Plus they have already got a taste of the 360 waters twice with 2 FIFA 'Prototypes' if you like with the Semi-Shambolic FIFA RTFWC and the Ok-ish but lacking depth FIFA WC 06.1 thing that did impress me about RTFWC was the GFX, I thought they looked very good as so do the Next Gen Screens shown for FIFA 07. Might just change my title from Waiting For PES6 Xbox 360 to looking into FIFA 07....

DJ

ill just wait for the PC demo to come out and ill playtest that like I do every year.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom