FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

So I take it when I posted the link to the IGN hands-on nobody read it and only read the part I quoted(seeing as it was posted again) because then people would have know they wrote a whole new engine on the other page of this thread.................:)

deftonesmx17 said:
So I take it when I posted the link to the IGN hands-on nobody read it and only read the part I quoted(seeing as it was posted again) because then people would have know they wrote a whole new engine on the other page of this thread.................:)

I did read it when you posted it mate and that's why Jambotommy and myself have been going on and on about this game. I'm a PES fan but I'll be happy to betray Konami after they took my money for years in a very lazy and easy way.
Actually, I really WISH EA comes up with something better than PES6 this time because that could only bring good things to the genre.

Last edited:

EA finally starting to get it right?

Emotional Highs and Lows

A couple of things I wanted to highlight before we start talking strategy. This year we really want to celebrate your allegiance to your club. We want you to live the emotional highs and lows of the glory and shame of your club in a game and throughout the season. I felt it was important for us to re-create the crushing disappointment of losing 3-0 away from home to the glory of beating Man U at Old Trafford. So we built an engine which continuously tracks every move on the pitch and simulates the emotional state of the home and away crowd during every high and low in a match. This emotional tracking influences every layer in the audio. If the away team is getting too much possession, the home crowd becomes frustrated. If the home team is winning by 1 goal and there is only a few minutes left they will start to whistle for the referee to end the match. The idea is that we use the crowd to reinforce the emotion that you feel and experience at a real football match.

Interactive Leagues

Another way we wanted you to experience the glory and shame of your club was by creating an online Interactive Leagues for the F.A. Premiership, Bundesliga, French League 1 and the Mexican 1st Division. Each week you will be able to play for your club against their rival according to the real world schedule. When they play, you play. So if you are a Manchester United fan, and say Man U is playing Everton in the Premiership next Saturday, then:

- On Thursday night the fixture will open up, you’ll go online and be match made against Everton fans.
- You play as many games through that fixture as you want.
- On Saturday night, the fixture will close
- The Club who got the most wins across all the games on all platforms will get the 3 points in the Interactive Premiership.

There is a top 100 players per each club per platform so you can see how you’re comparing to all the other fans. There are lobby rooms set up so you can chat to the other fans to compare tactics, etc. I will go into a lot more detail about our interactive leagues next week.

Now for the strategy. Let’s start with shooting since finishing is the key to winning and we have made some changes to the shooting mechanic this year.

Strategy - Shooting

FIFA 07 now features three different types of shot – Laces Shot, Finesse Shot and Chip Shots plus headers and volleys. Before you choose the type of shot, you’ll need to take into account the situation you find yourself in.

Factors that effect shooting:

- Is your player under pressure from defenders?
- Is there a player in your way?
- Have you got time on the ball or are you taking a snap-shot?
- What is the position, direction and speed of the ball when you strike it?
- Is your player tired?
- Do you try and place the shot with a finesse shot or do you go for power?
- What foot will you use and are you on the best side of the pitch for that foot?
- Where are you going to aim?
- Where is the goalkeeper?

Laces shot (shoot)

This is a very direct shot that limits the control you have but makes up for lack of precision with power. Using power makes stopping the ball and rebounds more likely. Goalkeepers will find these shots harder to control.

Chip shot (L2 + shoot on ps2)

A chip shot is best employed when your striker finds himself in a lot of room and the keeper is off his line. This type of shot will lift the ball over the goalkeeper and into the open goal but it takes practice and good judgement to master the level of power needed to beat the keeper and still hit the target.

Finesse shot (L2 + shoot on PS2)

New for FIFA 07. These shots are preformed using the inside of the player’s strongest foot to curl the ball for maximum precision. When performed correctly, these shots are impossible to stop and create spectacular goals.

As a rule of thumb, this is best used with a player with good striking ability and with time and space on the ball.

Knowing the preferred foot of the player striking the ball is the key to performing a finesse shot. Using the weaker foot greatly reduces the chance of success for the player striking the ball. (Note: this does not apply in PSP)

Our tip: Know your player’s preferred foot. Facing the wrong direction will make shooting far harder. For an example both left and right footed players will have a better chance of scoring if directly facing the goal. However, if a left-footed player strikes the ball from the left-hand side of the goal, there’s a greater chance the ball will curl into the goal inside the post. The reverse is true for right-footed players.

Headers and volleys

After the passing player has launched a cross into the box, you can move your target man and choose what type of connection you want to have the ball (providing a defender doesn’t get to the ball first).

- If you remain still when the cross comes in you are more likely to head the ball towards the goal
- If you move your player towards the direction of the incoming ball you increase the chance of getting a header as well as power but reduce the chance of hitting the target
- By moving your player away from incoming ball you will increase the chance of performing a spectacular volley or even an overhead kick

http://fifa07.ea.com/news/?id=8825

And the interactive online Leagues/ Damn!!!!!!!!!!

http://fifa07.ea.com/gameinfo/interactive/

Last edited:

FIFA is, always has been, and always will be, awful.

...But... Mannnnn. It's killing me that they keep adding features light-years ahead of Pro Evo's. That interactive online leagues thing sounds out of this WORLD (if only they'd let you do it in lower leagues as well). They're starting to listen to their fans via the message-boards over at Soccer Gaming, I think. Shame Konami don't have any official representatives that read these boards.

We've all got to learn Japanese PRONTO.

Gutted the interactive league won't make it to the 360 version but lets hope this new engine is all it sounds like.

features have not been making it to the next gen and neither the 360 OR theps3 will start seeing the features that cureent gen has for years

all this fifa 07 talk made me download the 06 demo off the marketplace and i have to say the game is pretty fuckin decent.

firstly the graphhics are amazing. secondly, you can tell EA tries to make the gameplay as close to WE as possible. it aint half as bad.

some of the animations are whack and the stupid long balls that i've always hated in FIFA are annoying.

played as brazil, hit 2 crossbars and was stunned by the players reactions. the animations, the physics. damn.

if EA can fix the stupid depthless long ball system, I'll gladly buy the new FIFA game in October.

Last edited:

It's not even about fixing things. Apparently they've worked on having the soccer ball be completely seperate from the player making it it's own thing. this means that we are now playing the ball instead of the playing the player as in all fifas. WE plays the ball now fifa 07 will but how much better we'll have to see

Some more very interesting info I took from this IGN FIFA 07 board http://boards.ign.com/fifa_soccer/b5726/125576408/p1/?16
WARNING: INFORMER REFUSES TO REVEAL HIS SOURCE

- The FIFA 07 Demo will be released about 2 weeks before the realease of FIFA 07.

- The PC version includes no NextGen graphic but an improved Core engine.

- A carriere with two players is possible again, a unlockable level of difficulty has been added, the "Legend Mode".

- News stadiums are among others the Olympic Stadium Berlin, the Veltins Arena of Schalke and the in reality not finished new Wembley Stadium.

- The Turkish League is included, there heve been added more teams from South America and in the "Rest of the World" Pool.

- The Gameplay has been improved a lot. Ball reception and player moves are smoother and more realistic. The game is slower and is played more like a simulation now. You have thousands of possibilities to play the game and are not enforced moves. The ball physic has been "completely renewed" (quotation Kuhn), you can choose have different kind of shots. If you push the button for passes longer or faster it will have an effect to the stenght and expanse of the pass.

- Dynamic weather effects have definitively been added. It might happen that you will be surprised by a pelting rain if you start at dusk.

- Interactive Leagues, it works: 3-4 days before the real match in the reality you get informed that the game you can play this game. All (e.g.) "VfB Stuttgart players" can play their matches against the "FC Bayern players" until the real match has started. The team which got most of wins get three points in the official EA Sports Interactive Bundesliga.

Heres some more stuff(FIFA 07's new man-of-the-match feature dancing )

we were invited behind closed doors to be among the first people to get our hands on the Xbox 360 version of FIFA 07. Purportedly in development for more than two years at this point, FIFA 07 is an all-new soccer game developed from the ground up to represent much more than a graphical upgrade in the long-running series. We were able to play only a single match of Real Madrid versus Barcelona on this occasion, but we're pleased to report that we enjoyed all 90 in-game minutes of it.

Before jumping into the game proper, we were given a few minutes to go one-on-one with a goalkeeper in the "front-end arena" screen that appears whenever a load is required. The controls felt quite familiar for the most part, but some significant changes have been made that promise to make this game the most realistic FIFA to date. The biggest improvement is undoubtedly that the ball now has its own physics and that these are no longer affected by the ball being needed for a player animation. We're not sure if it was the chicken or the egg that came first, but we also noticed that players were much more prone to losing the ball than in previous games, and that even when players stood still, the ball could often be seen slowly rolling away from them.

The ball physics were even more noticeable when we started to experiment with the right analog stick, which in the new-and-improved control scheme is used to knock the ball away from your player in any direction. We really only used this new control to perform quick turns during our short time with the game, but we were told that with practice, it can be used to perform "authentic" nutmegs and run-arounds on opposing players. Your success with moves like these will still vary according to the skills of the player that you're controlling, of course, and in FIFA 07, you'll find that the 50-plus attributes for each player include behavior traits, as well as numbers relating to physical prowess and basic skills.

When the game got underway inside the instantly recognizable Neu Camp stadium, one of the first things that struck us was just how fluid the players' animations were. In previous versions of FIFA, player animations--no matter how lengthy--have had to play out once they were started, regardless of what other players or the ball was doing. In FIFA 07, animations can be interrupted at anytime and seem to blend seamlessly with whatever the match has in store for the player next. We also noticed that fatigue appears to play a larger part in the game now; players seem to tire quite quickly if you use your sprint button excessively. When we asked the EA Canada representative about this, he said that the new fatigue system has had a quite realistic effect on the game's scorelines, since more goals are often scored in the second half of the match when players are tired.

At the end of the match, we were shown FIFA 07's new man-of-the-match feature, which appeared to take quite a few variables into account--on the same kind of scope that you'd expect from a soccer management game--to determine a winner. We were also given a quick look at one of the game's many management screens, which, in this case, let us view all the runs made by a player during a match on an overhead view of the field and see how many of them were successful at a glance.

About the only disappointment we experienced in our FIFA 07 session was the confirmation that the Xbox 360 game will not feature the online Interactive League mode that looks so promising in the other versions of the game. However, the Xbox 360 version will have some online tricks of its own, including an option to display real-life soccer news along the bottom of the screen as it happens, courtesy of ESPNsoccernet.

Very dissappointed that the Interactive League wont make the 360 version of the game. Such a wasted oppurtunity I reckon.

jambotommy said:
Yep,I've been a little critical of EA myself,But I really think I'm going to love this game.
Just a feeling.
Dunno if this has been posted,but what the hell,makes great reading.
Fifa 2007 (xbox360)

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66848
I find that interview too good to be true. If they pulled all that off, that'd be a huge jump from the last FIFA.

Exactly how many times has the FIFA game been totally rewritten though....... hmmmmmmmm, I aint convinced, I have played the last 2 FIFA's and this years WC game, and while they were enjoyable for a while and in my mind represent a more similar feel too ISS than WE/PES; they are arcade football to me, it'll be interesting to try it out, but for now I will remain sceptical of it all.

Reading that Eurogamer interview, the dude is talking so much shite I think my PC has smellovision, they dont have next gen interactive leagues cause they feel that they dont have a big enough user base??????????? Yet they have 4v4 play cause they have a quality system to deal with it? User base and 4v4 , where the fuck are they getting all the players from then for a 4v4 if the user base aint big enough, pure cop out lazy ass programming! Effing twonks.

Last edited:

Jack Bauer said:
FIFA is, always has been, and always will be, awful.

shame that your panning fifa 07 before youv'e had a chance to play it

no wonder most people dislike fifa when they've never really given it a chance in the first place....play it first you never know it might suprise you

'your now able to jostle for position when obtaining long bombs'?

thats what i hate about american soccer.

i miss the weekly round up of boston fc on soccer a.m. touchdown!

RuneEdge said:
I find that interview too good to be true. If they pulled all that off, that'd be a huge jump from the last FIFA.

Heck it'd be a huge step fro gaming in general. fifa finally being AS good as Pro Evo?! yeah that'd be amazing

after playing FIFA RTWC06, I decided to get it if I can find it @ $20.

Can anyone tell me how is online and if you can play 2v2?

Thanks a lot!

You like RTFWC? doesnt the shite annoying shooting system bother you? I agree graphically on an HD TV it looks stunning but gameplay wise it feels cheap and lifeless and the shooting is abysmal! It sounds as if 07 is definitely putting a good foot in the right direction so I might well get this if the DEMO impresses me.

DJ

The last FIFA I played was FIFA 2005 on PS2 and I didn't like that one.
But this game seems so much better to me.

I tried both RTWC06 and WC06 demos and the World Cup version is shit while the other one is pretty playable... ??????????

Was playing with my bro 2vsCPU and we combined for some amazing goals.

Lots of seamless animations just like PES. The collision system and the offball anims are slick too. Is this really an EA game!?!?!?

This title has got to improve drastically lets face it..... Game play wise nothing they have done stands up to WE or PES... But they have the incentive and the bucks... And if they could come up with a title to rival Konamis I think Konami would change things allot faster than they are doing now!!

I would love to have a playable FIFA with all the licenced teams and leagues.......=P~

Thats what I have wanted since the FIFA series went downhill after RTWC98 and since the rise of ISS, ISS PRO and what we know today as Winning Eleven and PES.

DJ

I'll always remain sceptical until I actually play the game, they always offer so much but end up letting you down, but if this ever reaches a point where it's as playable as PES/WE then Konami will be history because Fifa's single player functionality and longevity pisses on the abysmal effort that is the master league.

Switzerland Cover (wihtou wog.ch)
pc_fifa07.jpg

It's horrible seeing the amount of teams on this, the amount of things you can win, the amount of features and the graphics. I've been playing Table Tennis for the XBOX 360 all morning and it proves undoubtedly that you CAN have gameplay AND next-generation graphics that you can be in awe of. Looking at PES6's graphics, I'm so disappointed. Just because we love the gameplay, why does that mean we have to settle for GOD-AWFUL visuals?? I know it's not as important, but we could still have it. It looks EXACTLY the same, but in hi-definition. It doesn't excite me. I've done everything there is to do in it already, if they can't even give it a REAL facelift, never mind add new features, then what's the point?

As usual, I'm holding out so much hope for FIFA this year. I would do anything for them to make a game that destroys PES. There would be so much more to do, it would last so much longer. If that online league mode (absolute SHIT that it's not on the 360 by the way, what the fuck were they thinking??) covered every league in the game (and I don't see why it doesn't really), and the gameplay matched Pro Evolution's, it would probably be the best game I can imagine ever playing.

It's not fair that games can look like Table Tennis, and play like crap. I hope that one day, EA will figure out that adding gameplay will give them the football-game market on a plate (even more so, eliminating pretty much all sales of PES), and we'll all have the game of our dreams.

From this:
pong.png

To this:
thumb.3.jpg

Come on Konami, this is the age we live in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom