FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Jack Bauer said:
Christ almighty, they could all be wearing curtains as far as I'm concerned (and for the quality of the graphics in FIFA they might as well be).
I bet the curtains would bother you after the first week. ;)

from my point of view the game being so easy cancels all the desent stuff in the game, whats the point in playing through all the divisiions if you pretty much know you going to win 9 outa ten games hardly trying.

They have made significant improvements this year, but its still very poor.

Not if you play against a human. You can set up a (full 24-team 46-fixture) league and be your mate's opposition in each game, which cancels out the difficulty level problem (admittedly we shouldn't have to do that, but then we shouldn't have to play multiplayer obsessively in PES to make up for the lack of any single-player experience and all that).

Not me im happy playing single player WE9LE, all i play is premiership any way. and its still fucking hard after a year of play.

mr jack bauer are you high or just a little retarded? u claim to never play pes again because there aren't anymore game modes, what would you like from a FOOTBALL game. EA haven't done shit since 98.

PES is a great game in single player mode. I personally enjoy the single-player Master League mode the best. No one match is the same. Genius.

Seeing as this is a "FIFA 07" thread I thought I was allowed to give my opinions of the game ("FIFA 07"), but apparently not, I didn't realise it was a Pro Evo thread. Honest to God, some people... Well, mainly this one.

zeemeister said:
mr jack bauer are you high or just a little retarded? u claim to never play pes again because there aren't anymore game modes, what would you like from a FOOTBALL game. EA haven't done shit since 98.
What do I want from a football game? Erm, more game modes. Who's the retard? I forget.

EA have had leagues below the Premiership since the early 2000s. That's want I want. Konami could pay for additional researchers to add them, but they don't. Improving the gameplay like they do costs them no extra money. Keeping all other game content exactly the same costs no extra money. Spending millions on licenses for leagues that were already in the game (that's clever) costs them money, my money, and I'm not being a part of it any more. Giving us the opportunity to ADD teams rather than overwrite others wouldn't cost them anything either, but they won't even do that. So, to my mind, EA have done more than Konami have done this year. They've improved the gameplay massively, and added the "Interactive Leagues" feature, which is absolutely brilliant. The newest feature in PES6 is the ability to play the qualifying rounds of the world cup. Who cares?

footyfan said:
Not me im happy playing single player WE9LE, all i play is premiership any way. and its still fucking hard after a year of play.
That's fair enough, and same with you El Diego, if that's what you like then that's totally up to you. I don't have a problem with it - like I say, I wish I could do it for the umpteenth year in a row so I wouldn't have to cope with FIFA's problems. But personally I would rather get rid of Pro Evo's problems and play FIFA - problems such as features that I've been playing for years upon years upon years without change, and on-rails movement (I watched the 360 trailer today and, while I was initially quite impressed, I started smiling when I saw one of the players do the same movement they've done for years - three steps in a straight line, three steps in a diagonal line, three steps in a straight line again, three steps in a diagonal line again, then turning around 360 degrees - never seen this in real life).

But I respect your decisions, putting gameplay first and being happy with your game.

I don't even know why I'm defending FIFA too much anyway because when FM 2007 is released, I won't have time for anything else (I doubt I'll have time for a job - uh-oh, don't feel well, must have a bug; best take a year off to make sure I get rid of it). :)

Last edited:
I just finish my first year in Career mode. Here's my feeling :

Positive :
- Animations are way better than PES's (but scripted)
- Dribbles
- Computer always scores when you do mistakes
- A lot of fun
- Licenses
- Stadiums and sounds are umbelievable
- Multiplayer nights ! :applause:
- PES configuration
- Scenarios (it will force me to play different modes)
- Referees are nice and know how to use redcards
- Power shots !
- 1st Fifa I really like since 2002

Negative :
- Keepers are crap (but the best manage to do impossible saves :/)
- Menus
- Run + Pass the defenders + Pass = Goal
- Too many goals per game
- IA is soooo weak :(
- Referees animations (none !!!!)
- Kits, colours and players texture are awful :shock:
- I always score on direct corner kicks and freekicks
- Power shots...
- No personal technics
- Career mode is not deep enough, you just have to play a lot of games and answer some questions... I feel the same with PES ML.
- I don't like how the players change direction. Weird.

BUT Multi with my friends brings umbelievable scores and I love it : 10-7, 6-0, 7-5.... And a huge amount of crackers. I enjoyed all my games and I know it's not real football but it's not important. As RuneEdge said, PES allows you do have your personnal style. And I felt that winners were the best but with Fifa it's not always like that.
It's a good game. Far from perfect but very good for people who needs some change.

Anyway, Fifa + PES = Best Game Ever \\:o/.

Last edited:
a good feature i found in the psp version is that whatever mp3 tracks you have on your psp memory stick get atuomaticall added to a playlist

tuta77 said:
BUT Multi with my friends brings umbelievable scores and I love it : 10-7, 6-0, 7-5.... And a huge amount of crackers.
That is INSANE, all the multiplayer games I've had have been really, really tight 0-0s and 1-0s... That's so strange, we must play totally different styles of football!

It's a shame about the AI though, I wonder if there can be any text-file editing to fix it like in Sensible Soccer 2006...

Thanks Walcott23 for answering my question. Since you said that some trick moves are in the PSP version does that mean that of the new advertised trick moves that are supposed to be in FIFA 07 only a few of them are on the PSP version because that to me would be disappointing.

If it's just the same move set that is FIFA 06 that to me would suck. However if they have implemented the new advertised trick moves into the PSP that would be sweet. If anyone knows this let me know. Thanks.

Jack Bauer said:
That is INSANE, all the multiplayer games I've had have been really, really tight 0-0s and 1-0s... That's so strange, we must play totally different styles of football!

It's a shame about the AI though, I wonder if there can be any text-file editing to fix it like in Sensible Soccer 2006...

I've noticed that there were quite a few 'gameplay' patches brought out for Fifa 06, thats involved actually changing the game dynamics, and not how we can sort of do it in PES by using the mass stat change option in the PESFAN editor for example.

I went back to WE9LE today and played a bit of my Aachen ML, and it was dreamy. Knocked Bayern out of the cup, after being 1 up in the first leg, got a player sent off, let in the resulting penalty, and then scored a scrappy rebound with 20mins to go. Tweaked my formation along the way to defend, was under alot of pressure, but managed to hold out.

I think its the action in the final third that lets down FIFA, other than that, it would be a rival to PES.

I love the master league. Thats not to say it needs DRASTIC improvements, it does. Like a proper league, domestic cup and european structure, ala Fifa, or even a better transfer system, press managment etc. It really does, and we now have the technology to do it, and so if Konami fail to implement it within the next two years, well..they can go out of business for all I care. We need some smaller developers to start making rivals. Realistically, there are two worthy football (playing, not managment) games out there. For the most popular sport in the world, that is pretty pathetic.

I don't care about licenses. Why drop the budesliga for example? Just have it unlicensed, call all the teams something daft, give them crests with owls and all seeing eyes on them, and let the editors weave their magic.

Last edited:
most bothering me = crap keepers.

counter attack from my own half, straight in front of the keeper with one player and he is not coming out. sucks a lot. hopefully this is better when playing against real persons, they hopefully use the keeper out button :D

Keepers also don't want our own passes. They don't go to the ball and sometimes wait 10s before realize the cpu scored....

there is absolutely nothing wrong with having an opinion about something and yes this is a fifa thread, or at least it was till you started slating pes. I read this thread to get opinion on how fifa is. not how bad pes is. How can you judge pes6 if you haven't even played it yet? pes is by no means perfect but to say konami does not embrace change like EA does is just ridiculous.

I've played WE10, which is PES6 with poorer goalkeepers. I was only saying why I won't be buying PES for a while, listing the reasons why I can't stand it any more, and why I am switching to FIFA until the issues I have are sorted, thus commenting on FIFA. And I'm sorry, but saying Konami change anything is ridiculous. Three or four versions a year (one in the UK, three in Japan), each being exactly the same as the last bar a new move or a fix for something they broke three years ago.

Anyway, back on-topic. Just watched the FIFA 360 Marketplace demo and it looks absolutely fab. The goalkeepers don't look any different though, palming the ball away left and right, which concerns me...

different strokes for different folks. I'll rent 07 and make my own deductions, cos this shit aint workin out. thought you would be too busy 'enjoying' 07 than to reply. god knows you wont find me anywhere except infront of my ps2 come pes6 release day.

Good for you.

Anyway.

For those wanting to unlock the final level of difficulty, you can now download a total-unlocker at GameCopyWorld.

Only had one game on it so far but got beat 3-0, looks promising...

Just got beat again, 2-0. Looking good.

Saying that, the FM 2007 demo has just finished downloading... Eeeeeek. Could be up until veeeeeery late tonight/early tomorrow.

The football gods are SPOILING us this year!!

I have had a session on the PS2 version and came out of it feeling a bit weird.

You see for me playing Fifa 07 has brough out PES/WE's pluses and minuses. Like Jack has mentioned previously, EA have got player pressure spot on. You can pass the ball about exactly like in real life, without the opposition running full speed at you always trying to tackle you.

Some of the player animations are amazing, especially when it comes to passing. The goal keeper animation is spot on as always, but they make too many crazy saves for me.

The rest though doesnt compare to PES/WE. The graphics are awful and the shooting never makes me feel in total control of where Im trying to shoot at.

Overall a big plus. I'll definatly be trying out the 360 version when it comes out next month.

Just played two matches in the Legendary mode.

Lost the first match 2-1 against Barcelona, I was Chelsea.

Won the second match against Milan, and I was Real Madrid. I scored a fucking beautiful goal from the midfield (about 40 meters, I believe) with Raul, but Milan scored really in the end of the game, it should be about minute 93. Then I beat them in the penalties.

I'm really enjoying the game now. Matches are more balanced and you have to play a realistic football to get any chance of getting close to your oppenent's area.

Got to play some more matches... :D

zeemeister said:
there is absolutely nothing wrong with having an opinion about something and yes this is a fifa thread, or at least it was till you started slating pes. I read this thread to get opinion on how fifa is. not how bad pes is. How can you judge pes6 if you haven't even played it yet? pes is by no means perfect but to say konami does not embrace change like EA does is just ridiculous.

Well, being that this is a PES/WE forum and all I would expect that a review of any other footy game would be compared to PES/WE.... since that is the game we all know.

And for brevity's sake, Jack said it was the single player experience of FIFA that impressed him (not the gameplay, but the variety of gameplay modes) and was noting his personal disinterest in playing through another season of ML in PES because he's done it millions of times already.

Put it this way, pretend you fuckin love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The first time you had one you creamed your pants, and for tens years straight you have orgasm after orgasm eating your sandwiches every day. But eventually, you get a bit tired of eating the same thing every day. Yeah, it's still a good sandwich but hey, there's also subs, gyros, paninis.... all sorts of other good sandwiches out there.

All Jack's saying is that he's a little tired of playing nearly the exact same ML mode for the last 20 versions (at least) of PES/WE. Yeah, sometimes Konami tweaks the peanut butter a bit, or uses different jellies or breads... but it's still another peanut butter jelly sandwich.

Sure, Konami makes some improvements every year. But for people who have played WE/PES as much as Jack (and myself) its always the same playing experience. The AI falls for variations of the same tricks every version, ML is nearly the exact same each time... despite the gameplay still being pretty fun, the payoff of winning is just gone.

What Jack has discovered with FIFA is the joy of experiencing something new. He hasn't yet discovered all the nuances of FIFA like he has with WE/PES. There are modes of play he hasn't completed, teams he hasn't played as or against, and there is still a challenge to the game because he doesn't know all the ends and outs. It's not that FIFA is better overall than PES/WE, but that its different... and in a good way.

Konami has been surpassed in the variety of single player experince offered by both FIFA and Football Manager. Yes, Konami still puts out a footy game that plays terrifically on the field. But they haven't offered anything new as far as challenges go for the single player experience... (you get the exact same celebrations for the last few years when you win a cup/league/etc... you buy/sell players the same way for the last few years... it plays well, but it's all the same) and FIFA now plays well enough that it is rewarding to play.

The point is variety is the spice of life. We all should hope that Konami offers us a completely revamped version of WE/PES when they put out their first PS3 version. Otherwise, it's just another PBJ sandwich, no matter what little wrinkle they've thrown in this time.

Heh, it´s impossible to talk just about FIFA here it seems. Afterall this is PES forum every other reply here is FIFA vs PES bla bla bla. Its like when you drive a Ferrari(trust me i know ) you join the Ferrari club and then some day you go to Ferrari meeting driving a Skoda, and talk to Ferrari club members how you really like driving Skoda how economical it is how good looks it has compared to 1983 Skoda that it has all the things modern cars have and its cheap too :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom