FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Is the PS2 or Xbox ver. worth it?
I can't wait for Fifa 360 any longer.

All that really matters to me is gameplay and online.

i know the gameplay is good so how is online?

is there leagues, tournaments, stats, etc.?

is the xbox ver. backwards compatible?

thanks.

The Xbox ver isnt backwards compatible which is a bit of an Arse!!! Thats what made me buy the PC version as the graphics on the PC version are sharper than the sorta blurry PS2 version.

DJ

I like the game but it's just to darn easy. I've played less than 15 games in total and in my last 3 games on Legendary 6mins each half in the league have been against Liverpool, I won 5-4 Man U I won 5-2 and Newcastle I won 5-4( I let them score 2 in the last min ). It's just too easy to score. Even though some of the goals are beautiful I want lower scoring games.

JayD said:
I like the game but it's just to darn easy. I've played less than 15 games in total and in my last 3 games on Legendary 6mins each half in the league have been against Liverpool, I won 5-4 Man U I won 5-2 and Newcastle I won 5-4( I let them score 2 in the last min ). It's just too easy to score. Even though some of the goals are beautiful I want lower scoring games.
well that just about sums up every fifa, cmon guys come clean, DOES THIS GAME HAVE GOOD GAMEPLAY?????? Or is it too easy to move the ball around and score at will???

I've only won one out of ten games so far on legendary, I don't find it easy at all. Even if you find it too easy, against mates it's a fantastic game, free movement leads to some fantastic matches.

CSaunders, everyone has their own opinion. Personally I can't see myself going back to Pro Evo after this, but other people obviously still have issues with it. Nobody can tell you if you'll like it. I find legendary very, very hard. I can still score, but I can't stop the opposition from scoring either.

Can't you download the demo?

I mentioned that you can really score some great goals. But I really find it too easy to score. 15 goals in my last 3 league games just aint right. I like the game don't get me wrong and for variation in play it pees on Pro Evo from a great height, you can play how you want. Long ball, short passing, dribbling it can all be done. If there's a patch that comes out that can fix the goalies and defences then were onto a winner.

Either way this is just a stop gap for me I'm waiting for the 360 version and then this one won't get played again.

Dont know why you guys are finding it so easy, im a win everything 6* player on pes ut im finding the balance decent on prof for fifa (starting to score a bit easier now though so a higher level will do = world class. Still find the dribbling a bit loose and sometimes the animation continues (like old fifa) so its still we10 for gameplay for me atm. Enjoying the managermode though, but if it didnt have that i wouldnt be bothering tbh.

nah, tried it somemore, its really lacking in the final 3rd of the pitch, feels heavily scripted and automated when having an attempt on goal, its just not right.

Those people who are saying pes is on the rails and fifa is more free, you need to to start using super cancel a bit more.

footyfan said:
nah, tried it somemore, its really lacking in the final 3rd of the pitch, feels heavily scripted and automated when having an attempt on goal, its just not right.

Those people who are saying pes is on the rails and fifa is more free, you need to to start using super cancel a bit more.

Its definatly a lot more free than PES thats not in doubt IMO. Super cancel doesn't makeup for the heavily scripted feel in PES. Not saying that FIFA is overall better but this version gives more freedom to do what you want. As for being automated on goal have to disagree this version offers some seriously unique goals I've seen a huge variety already.

I played this again most of today - it just doesn't FEEL right. EA have definately improved it but this just isn't worth £30 in my opinion.

My issues:

* Shooting. Again it feels robotic and the ball flys into the net like it's full of water.

* Crossing. Very, very poor. The movement of the ball in the air just looks 'arcade'.

* Goalkeepers. RUBBISH! They couldn't catch a cold in January.

* General passing. The ball shifts around too quickly and it is too predictable with what the players will do with it.

Come on EA, every year you make the same mistakes!

footyfan said:

Ill say it again! Super Cancel is a Stupid excuse for us not being allowed FULL control over our players! I hate it! there are even lots of occasions where im tapping R1+R2 and its not working and my players still stand stupidly like statues on WE10.

DJ

Playing 2 player same team as I do most of the time means super cancel is not an option...
Still trying to come to terms with O7, played WE and PES far too long and can't help but compare too much....

Last edited:
footyfan said:
I already hold SC for about 80-90% of the time in my matches when playing PES. That alone will tell you how scripted the "almighty PES" :roll: is. Take this for example. To not get a foul you need to press SC and I consider this little thing like a cheat bug. Many of my friends that havent figured this out yet say I cheat (when it comes to defense) and to be honest, thats what it looks like when I completely run over their player because I am using SC and then they get a foul for just running next to my players because they are not using SC.

After 20 matches with Fifa 07 on x-box i have to say , best Fifa ever....!

Anyone can see Fiafa goas PES, Ballphysics are very good, funny situations after, passing, when ball hits players and so on... realistic!
Shoots are better but WE10 shots are one class higher, animations of shooting, tackling, and Gk saves are on High level, also Stadiums looks amazing ( watch out Dragao and Emirates arena also european 2 and 3 great)! Pitches are sometimes great sometimes boring, but more realistic then unpatched WE/PES!

So i think on 360 It will be amazing, omly thing that sucks ater the kits in Ingamecuts they look not collerfull enough! Commentary in English is amazing, the German Commentary is bad, very bad, never seen in a Fifa a so boring speaker, as in the 07 version!But english commentray is amazing!\\:o/

Good game that needs only a litle bit tuning to get very good! Ea is on the right way, only thing you need a PS2 pad on X-box to play well, x-box controller sucks......!

Last edited:
Just picked up the Gamecube version

Completely different than any other Fifa.

If this is what we have to go by for the 360 version then Konami are beat.

Simple

I think the 360 Version will be better, German magazines has gives 87% to fifa 07! I think pes 6 will get 95%for sure as every year!!!!
I think the real war between the two games will start on next gen, Fifa07 on 360 looks better, preveiews of Pes6 on 360 are speaking about not so good and smooth animations, also the game dont look real next gen! Fifa otherwise looks brilliant with awsome animations, and very good Gameplay, i hope the final releases of both games will be better than the preview versions!
it will bw no longer so easy for Konami! and thats good so i hope we see something new real soon!A real next gen PES! not a updated WE10 on 360, that gets boring!

Upon further play.

gameplay is intact everywhere. however. I only like playing night matches. Graphically9at least of the GC version i have) the game looks just as good as anything that EA has done with fifa on the 360.

The day matches are ugly to me because the lighting and lighting on the graass looks very unrealstic. The grass color is this light greenish color of vomit.

SOME of the overcast/ matches are nice though but that depends on the stadium.

gameplay remains intact on all though and that's what matters. but man play a night match with with Chelsea VS man United is the ultimate soccer experience I've had in a while.

Very good night matches in this game

Last edited:
BumperMan said:
Upon further play.

Graphically9at least of the GC version i have) the game looks just as good as anything that EA has done with fifa on the 360.
Um do you need your eyes tested? Next Gen FIFA looks awesome in comparison to this!

DJ

Got the Xbox version yesterday and it plays like the PC version. Which is great. However, I noticed that Adriano with the Brazilian National team looks like a big fat/thick person. He doesn't look natural until the camera pans in on him. His body proportion is not natural, he looks like an american football linebacker. And there is no way to fix this in edit mode. Anyone with this version notice this? I like the game, but hate the xbox controller, I think I will get the PC version since the graphics looked much crispier and bright, and I have the Logitech Dual Shock controller.

jflores said:
Got the Xbox version yesterday and it plays like the PC version. Which is great. However, I noticed that Adriano with the Brazilian National team looks like a big fat/thick person. He doesn't look natural until the camera pans in on him. His body proportion is not natural, he looks like an american football linebacker. And there is no way to fix this in edit mode. Anyone with this version notice this? I like the game, but hate the xbox controller, I think I will get the PC version since the graphics looked much crispier and bright, and I have the Logitech Dual Shock controller.

LOL about adriano.

her's what i've done and it's amazing.

I have a widescreen hdtv.
I set the game on widescreen and zoomed in on my first zoom setting and it looks amazingly better. i will post a pic or a vid soon cuz what i'm looking at is great with my 'special" settings.. i think you guys will be like how did the guy in the pic do that?

Got the game yesterday and think it's quite good and it's not too easy for me by any means. But one problem i have is with the shooting, every time i aim for a side of the goal it goes wide. I constantly have to aim for the middle of the goal, can any one give me any tips on shooting/aiming? BTW i'm using the d-pad on the ps2 controller.

Back
Top Bottom