FC Barcelona Thread

i really hope messi will be the '2009', but you guys do know it's a medical fact that his whole career will be shadowed by injuries, right?

i feel really sorry for him because he's another of the few players that just...wanna play. Remember the celtic tears?...

Just like Maradona he suffers of Muscle injuries a lot, a hard tackle on him will knock him out for 2/3 months. Hope it doesn't happen this season, but he is just THAT good with ball possession, and his ball control seems like the ball is glued to his foot which increases the chance of a hard tackle coming right at him. But damn he is the sugar part in football, its "delicious" to watch him play well in a match. :)

Just like Maradona he suffers of Muscle injuries a lot, a hard tackle on him will knock him out for 2/3 months. Hope it doesn't happen this season, but he is just THAT good with ball possession, and his ball control seems like the ball is glued to his foot which increases the chance of a hard tackle coming right at him. But damn he is the sugar part in football, its "delicious" to watch him play well in a match. :)

but i think there is a difference, i see messi more as a pro then diego, diego was always out of shape and thus more prone to injuries

Well he is loved in Barcelona unlike Diego was, so every1 wants to see him in condition, but yeah he always tries to be in shape, but still out of shape diego could strip a defense a part and make a killer pass fat or slime, the guy was amazing.

Against their will, Barcelona let Messi play in the Olympics, now there is a good reason for me to watch the Olympics!

I watched Barcelona versus new York red bulls here at Giants stadium last week, it was AMAZING. It was 6-2, granted NY had some REALLY crap players (the left back in particular didn't belong even on a junior womens team) but Barcelona ripped them to shreds. Daniel Alves was AMAZING!!!! He ran his heart out and seemed to be everywhere, and this was PRESEASON. Hleb looked really good too, not sure how much the left back for NY helped him out though. They kept moving Henry from left wing to central striker which was confusing, and it seemed to be confusing for him too as he really looked out of place. Why don't they play him as striker and let him do what he does? Did he not prove what he could do at Arsenal? I don't get it. However, I must say, I have the utmost respect for the way your team plays and am looking forward to another Arsenal vs Barca CL final this year!!!!

Home
prd_maxzoom_barca-45136.jpg

Away
prd_maxzoom_barca-45128.jpg

Aaaaargh!

I hated both of this kits.
I'm just waiting for this season to end to see some new decent kits.

=/

I for one am very sad because Real get to play teams that have played us the last match... Very few of them will have bigger determination, most of them will e just a little tired...

Just saw the first goal, amazing Valdez that guy is such a pro...
T. Henry scored, nice he needs to be brought back on shape, the formation for that to happen is still a mystery tough.. Nice to see them winning.

wow coach pep is doing great making the team score so many goals from different players... eto'o, xavi, messi (as usual) all scoring the goals!! Nice fluent game being played!!

:P Barca can beat the old record (Rijkaard) right before the Real game. I don't think it will be the case, but if we're still unbeaten by then a fince game against Madrid could mean our 20th!

Yeah they needed the game to be around them and not with them, ronaldinho is trying to find his shine again, deco now has all chelsea to play around him. The synergy of deco and xavi wasn't good, thats why they never played that well together. Xavi alone is brilliant, now we just need to stop putting Henry as a left winger and get a real winger.

Just like Maradona he suffers of Muscle injuries a lot, a hard tackle on him

No just like Barcelona's players. The number of guys there getting muscular injuries was terrible in the last recent years ! They're countless. The problem is surely in the medical staff.

6 - 0 again to Valladolid. This team is playing the best football I've seen in ages. And being a Barça fan that's saying a lot.

I'm still expecting to see the team playing against the big ones of Europe and see how it goes. But Messi is, no doubt about it, the best player in the world. By far. And if he can keep that way for some years, he will be a trully legend in this sport.

^^^^
That what a saw, 2 beautiful goals against that misery they call a club of somewhere in Madrid.
Etoo and Messi for president and vice-president please!!! xD

That misery club as you say is called Real Madrid C.F....and by the way they went into yesterdays game with 11 first team players on injure reserve (3 of them out for the season Van Nistelroy, Diarra & Del la Red). Don't be surprised if Madrid wins the Champions League....

Didn't look like the breakthrough would ever come, couldn't believe Eto'o missed the penalty, and Real set out to make sure every one of their players kicked the shit out of Messi.

Still, it's looking good for Barca this year.

Back
Top Bottom