FC Barcelona Thread

I always criticize Cristiano Ronaldo saying he can't make the difference in big games but today Messi deserves the same criticism. Very poor, always away from the game. Merit to Bosingwa and all defense too. I hope he plays the same against Madrid.

Messi might have been quiet today but then might rip Real Madrid apart. It happens to all big players. But Ronaldo gets highlighted because people dont like him.

Yep, Messi is the best in the world which IMO hasnt changed but the gap between the two isnt as big as I thought it was.

Well IMO the defence's in La liga aren't all that good to be honest. I think what I got to see was how Messi performed against a top side in the CL that is organised at the back. I just think the whole "Best player since Maradona" stuff should be stopped.

I find really interesting how some english guys take the extreme situations, they play the "humble" card, underdogging themselves and overrating the others, but them one game is enough to take to the other extreme.
In my honest opinion the both legs are pretty open and one single match don't make Chelsea the best team in the world. Chelsea score 3 at Anfield and were in a pretty good moment and how many chances they had, one with Drogba?
Don't get me wrong Barca wasn't on a great day, but even so they made Chelsea play with 10 men behind, I say again Chelsea not West Brom.
Now Chelsea are stronger at home and they might even take Barca out, but let's not take to the extreme.
Sometimes pisses me off how some people can change their mind in one day, well not really change their mind, but play "safe" and no mater what happen they say I told you so.

Well IMO the defence's in La liga aren't all that good to be honest. I think what I got to see was how Messi performed against a top side in the CL that is organised at the back. I just think the whole "Best player since Maradona" stuff should be stopped.

no mate, you got to see how messi performs against a top side who were too afraid to play football and kept 10 players camped in their own half. how many other top teams do that?

if you want to see how good messi is against top opposition just cast your mind to last years semi final against man utd... or any other game in the cl this season or last for that matter.

He wasn't all that good against us in the CL? And to be fair most teams that go to Nou Camp play like that from Europe. My point is Messi isn't as good as the hype suggests. No shame in that

He wasn't all that good against us in the CL? And to be fair most teams that go to Nou Camp play like that from Europe. My point is Messi isn't as good as the hype suggests. No shame in that

he may not be as good as the hype suggests but to base your argument on the chelsea game is just silly and if memory serves me right only rangers man u and chelsea have came to the nou camp and done that.

quoted from milanfan on bbc website :

The fact of the matter is; two English sides have gone to Camp Nou in the last 12 months and neither had any intention of bagging that away goal. The possession figures reveal all you need to know. Tellingly, both Man Utd and Chelsea's best opportunities were borne from Barcelona errors - Ronaldo's missed penalty, Scholes' goal from a misplaced Barca pass, and Drogba's one-on-one with Valdes after Marquez' shoddy back-pass.

I think thats unfair on us and Chelsea I think we were more adventurous then Chelsea and probably should have scored wether it be the Pen, the 2nd pen which wasnt given or Carricks great chance.

hardly unfair when you just said that most teams play like that against barcelona. but i guess your right, your 3 chances were more adventurous than chelseas one lol :p

My point is Messi isn't as good as the hype suggests. No shame in that
:CONFUSE:
Are you serious?
Really are you?
Lemme check, 1 month ago Ronaldo was half the player that messi is, now because Chelsea defended like crazy and kept shotting the ball forward most of the time with no target, Messi is overhyped? You english boys need to sort your "footballs" out, cous you seem pretty messed up, what now is gold tomorrow is dust? damn.. thats just plain sad.

Erm..no the point is Messi was never "That good" When I mean "That good" I mean being two times better than Ronaldo, on par with Maradona etc etc. Messi is currently the BPITW no doubt but the gap in quality between him and Ronaldo isn't all that big and is the same as it was when Ronaldo was BPITW last season.

Messi is the real deal, Chelsea were negative, but they got a good result.

Out of all the english teams, Liverpool gave Barca more of a fight in 2007. Two away goals at the nou camp and then outplayed Barca at home despite losing 1-0 (hit the bar and post about three times)

Thats because your manager knows Barca better than Hiddink/Fergie so IMO from a outside point of view I think Chelsea did the right thing. Will be totally different on Wednesday.

Do you think if maradonna was around now he would be able to do more than messi did against ten men behind the ball chelsea?

both goals by Henry was class and the Pique goal had me in stitches very cheeky to slot it in like that.

Do you think if maradonna was around now he would be able to do more than messi did against ten men behind the ball chelsea?

I haven't watched Maradona live and would only know others opinions who have but in their opinion yes he would have. Messi is currently the world's best. competing with Ronaldo to be the generations best. thats all he deserves at the moment IMO comparing him to Maradona is the same as comparing Ronaldo to Pele.

Was wonderful to watch you destroy those bastards.

Messi was much better today and his second goal just took the piss, Iniesta and Xavi were brilliant as ever, and Henry looked well up for it, his first goal was pure class as well, typical Thierry finish.

Pique was MOTM though and his goal was great play.

This team is just playing an out of this world football, even Madrid that every1 was saying that we only won 2-0 in Camp Nou was because they weren't playing in Barnabeu, cous if they would the result would be different, well seems like it actually Is! xD
Well played Real, go spend some 150M in a new generation of "Galacticos" cous that was your only good team for quite some years now.
Pep will just have to make the defense practice marking/men-marking and heading for the Chelsea game, cous the 2 they scored were from headers, hope it doesn't happen again.
lol
2-6 in barnabeu. xD

Xavi played an amazing game, everytime he got the ball he was either providing a great ball, or doing some fancy turn. Well done Barca!

I actually thought it showed how poor Real are overall and Barca's defence isn't much better either. The amount of Space Messi, Xavi and Iniesta got was just shocking! If United reach the final I hope we get Barca now, I think it would be a great spectacle and a win for United would prove this United team is a great one :))

I honestly don't this this will happen but, How stupid would it be to have the same 2 teams in the Final of the Champions League 2 consecutive years? Did this ever happen before?

Back
Top Bottom