FC Barcelona Thread

Bad luck today in the champions draw, with the most difficult teams put together in our path. Man utd had the lucky draw, but you never know, there's never an easy opponent in these rounds. I hope we beat Bayern, and then beat Liverpool in the semifinals.

Bayern are a difficult team, but I think we can beat them if we keep playing possession and Iniesta and Messi are fit. The key will be holding Ribery and keeping Toni far from goal. I think they have more things to worry about than us, but...

Anyway, two splendid matches ahead... that's how we want to win this trophy, by beating the best teams!

Seems like it, currently its like "you beat Barcelona, you win the CL", and i like that. =D
We just got off a bad moment, with some bad results and we got our game on, with amazing passing, incredible attack, and rock solid midfield hope every1 is 100% fit for the Bayern game and then move on to beat 'Liverpoop. =P

Seems like it, currently its like "you beat Barcelona, you win the CL", and i like that. =D
We just got off a bad moment, with some bad results and we got our game on, with amazing passing, incredible attack, and rock solid midfield hope every1 is 100% fit for the Bayern game and then move on to beat 'Liverpoop. =P
In reality, it's "you beat Liverpool, you win the CL" because for the last few years, the team that has beaten the team that knocked out Real Madrid have won the CL.

Shit, I didnt actually realise how mad that statistic is (unless I've made a mistake when looking into it!).

You have to go all the way back to 1996/97 when Real didn't play in the competition for this pattern to break. Everytime, the team that knocks out the team that knocks out Real wins the final.. except for when Real win it themselves, or once when Bayern knocked out Real and then went on to win it.

So yeah, if we're going off that little stat, then either Liverpool, Barca or United to win in a Pool-United final :D

Last edited:
If im honest the 3 you pointed out are obviously the favourates anyway. but yep, Pool is the team to beat.

I know they're favourites that's why I didnt put a Chelsea-Porto or Arsenal-Bayern final which are both still possible going off the stat.

Another lesson today of the best football never seen in the world. 6-0 to Malaga, and could have been some more. The only thing that can stop us is injuries. Hope Iniesta and Toure are back soon...

The cover of Marca is usually pathetic. Their website is quite better, but the newspaper is really lame, with news barely related to reality. It's a shame because years ago they could have established themselves as a "for all clubs" newspaper but they opted to sell Madrid news (real or fiction, it doesn't matter).

Just to figure it out, the day after Barça 4 Bayern 0, their cover was Guti at full size claiming "I haven't done anything wrong" realted to some comments from previous sunday's match. The Barça exhibition was the 5th new in order of importance, covering just a line in the cover. That happende also after the Villarreal-Arsenal match.

In my opinion, they're losing market, they would sell big loads more if they were more "obejctive" and the treatment wasn't so "hooliganesque". Strange how in Spain there are 4 DAILY NEWSPAPERS dedicated primarily to football, yet none of them is generalist in their focus.

All spanish newspapers piss me off to be honest. I laugh a lot when there are news such "Lakers defeated by 20 points. Huge exhibition by Pau Gasol!" or "Fantastic race by Alonso but the car was crap and he finished 10th". I don't even mention football news.

Back
Top Bottom