Farcry 2

Re: Farcry 2 PC, Xbox 360

I finished it tonight and totally agree that the plot fell on its face at the finish. I just didn't believe my character would do what he did at the end...There was nothing drawing me into the game besides the stunning environments and open ended combat. The checkpoints got old after about 3 hours and I felt zero empathy for any of the characters. The fact that enemies could pretty much snipe you with a shot gun was also great fun...

Haha, yeah, I've read a few complaints about the way that they can spin around like a record, shoot in random directions (facing away from you), and yet somehow the shots still "hit" you... Yet for all its faults I still wanted to finish it, and it's rare that I will actually finish a game.

I'm loving this game, it's atmosphere and location... cor chief. The sniping side of the game is right up my street too, I love the comment by Rad, a free-roaming Hitman indeed. That is I.

If anyone wants some online action on Puss3, let me know, although I fucking hate that Last Bastion level. It's worse than Shipment on COD4. I'm more of a sneaky player than a run'n'gunner, and sadly online is full of the latter kind of folk right now.

I've just finished my last map (for now) and uploaded the final version. So I'll cap some videos of them tomorrow. I should really add more to Saint Lo as the buildings are quite bare - but then my idea at the time was they're bare as everyone has packed up a ran.

Nice

the ones i tried online were massive and i didn't see anyone for ages

Well on the XB, the Far Cry 2 new DLC is 800MP, which is about £6.65, I cant see it being free though, not from Ubisoft........

They charged for the Vegas DLC (which i paid for and didnt get any money back) then made it free, so they may do the same with this after it don't sell

Ubisoft has revealed how much you'll have to pay for the new Far Cry 2 downloadable content.

As reported earlier, the Fortune's Pack will include three new weapons and vehicles. You'll also get four new multiplayer maps.

A Ubisoft rep told Eurogamer the Xbox 360 version of the pack pack will cost 800 Microsoft Points. That's equivalent to GBP 6.80 / EUR 9.60 in the old money.

The same pack will cost EUR 9.99 if you're buying it via PlayStation Network. A UK price has yet to be confirmed.

There's still no word on an exact release date, though Ubi has promised the Fortune's Pack will be released by the end of November.

Might be interested if they'd included something to make the story mode more interesting, as it is three new weapons and a couple of vehicles still leaves a meh game.

I think it's a pretty long game, certainly to get 100% completion on it.

Only £17.99 new so probably worth buying.

Tis 15.99 at HMV.com with 4 extra missions from what I can tell, check their sale area.

Subtitles on? I ended up putting them on cause I'm deaf as hell. It's just the way they talk in the game, guess it's because everyone is under pressure there.

Doesn't matter where you buy it from, the codes to unlock the extra missions are well known and work for all versions.

Tis still the cheapest place from what I can recall anyhow, the Collectors Edition is 25 quid at Game is anyone wanted it.

I did mention the speech weeks and weeks ago, everyone must have me on ignore. :CRY:
Anyone else noticing how fast they talk in the game it's like there's no punctuation at all they just start talking and don't stop until they've said everything there is to be said it's really weird man. (Like that)

It's getting on my nerves now, have they told the voice actors that they have to hurry up because "they'll run out of room on the disc"?

Really poor voiceover work.

I agree, the voiceovers were appauling. I stopped playing this game about 40% in. It just got wayyyy too repetitive and it was so boring driving for 10 mins between missions.

Haha I love you example CB, see what you mean though. It didn't actually bother me too much in the end, I'm still wanting to complete my story at some point probably when I get bored of COD [probably never then!] because it's intriguing.

im bored of this game. only done 50% of it. all you do in far cry 2 is this:

1. get mission and buddy calls to give alternate mission
2. drive or take bus to mission because everybody tries to kill you while driving
3. go through checkpoint and try to kill everybody before they kill you
4. weapon jams
5. weapon explodes
6. finally get to the mission and complete it
7. drive back through immediately respawed enemies and checkpoints
8. repeat 100 times

Back
Top Bottom