Farcry 2

Re: Farcry 2 PC, Xbox 360

Anyone else noticing how fast they talk in the game it's like there's no punctuation at all they just start talking and don't stop until they've said everything there is to be said it's really weird man. (Like that)

It's getting on my nerves now, have they told the voice actors that they have to hurry up because "they'll run out of room on the disc"?

Yeah - I've been thinking I'll have to get some videos on youtube to advertise them. I'm not sure if a tour of the map in the editor would be best or a video of me running around exploring and showing the map off, or a bit of both.

Maybe I can show something off in the editor - like move the camera to a mounted gun - and then cut to me on the gun firing away at nothing.

Just have a fly around with the camera in the editor then show a bit of in game action with you running about :))

Checking out your Hotels map now Rad. For some reason it kept saying your other map couldn't be downloaded.

Weird.

saint lo or the other?

I just took the Hill Assault offline for a second for a tiny change and put it back on - so maybe that was a problem?

Yeah that's the one Hill Assault.

Have you checked out the Millennium Falcon level yet? Snipers dream that one.

Quick recap of my maps...

"Saint Lo" has been re uploaded with a few minor tweaks - the map is still the same and supports all modes. (description a page or so back)
----

"Hotels"

Symmetrical map with a lake in the centre and shanty style homes surrounding the map to confine people in the playable area. It's mainly for the Control point and Diamond modes but does support DM/TDM. I got the idea for the hotels from RTCW. There was a map where one team had to plant a bomb on a sarcophagus and the other defending team spawns above it. Those games lasted for ages so i mirrored it here so both teams spawn above their own area.

In control point the spawns are the same but each team has a point directly in front of their Hotel and the central point is in the centre of the lake. The way the map has played out so far has meant that games can swing back and forth many times with someone sneaking out of the Hotel and grabbing a control point while everyone's backs are turned.
----

My 3rd and most detailed map "Hill Assault"
DM or TDM only.

The two teams start on opposite ends of a street. You run up the short hill to reach the main street where all of the action kicks off. There are a few buildings to cut through or go around as well as the use of 3 sandbag mounted machine guns. I've added tons of details and furniture and hopefully made the level seem more alive.

I also added a train crash at one end of the map (to stop people getting beyond that area) where a fallen tree caused a train to derail. I'm not sure if everything is viewable while playing but feel free to download and have a look around.

Both maps support the maximum players and at the same time aren't gigantic so everyone is walking around for 5 minutes to find someone else.

----

I have another map just about ready called 'Devil's Tower' (This means something.... this is important!)

The mountain features as the backdrop for a shanty style army base. The playing area is quite small and features 2 hangers as the bases - a small building close by containing the diamonds for that game mode. a central area is tooled up with machine guns and ammo crates for a team to fight for and control and pin the enemy back. On the 2 sides of the maps are 2 large buildings to flank around.

The central area is on concrete but the surroundings are full of grass and bushes and trees. The 2 side buildings offer the best cover for the fight but are also floor less so the grass has grown in and is a fire hazard.

----

cool i will try and find some time to give those maps a try tomorrow night if im not playing fifa BAP

So gutted, and so angry.

I've got up to just short of 30% in Far Cry 2 now, just got the achievement for finishing all original missions - although there was still a mission available in the main city (northern territory). Odd, I thought, but I went off to do it.

I went into the APR building and saved the game, but then I thought "I want to do a buddy mission instead, in-case I could get a new buddy to help me with this next mission". So I went to Mike's Bar, did a buddy mission succesfully, went back to the APR building, saved it again, walked up the stairs and everyone in the room just stands still and stares at me. They're stuck there, frozen in time, and they won't offer me the mission document that's sitting there on the couch.

So there's my save fucked. No way am I starting again, I've poured nearly 20 hours into it. Gutted as well, I've been playing it for hours every day. What a piece of shit of a bug, loads of people have suffered from it as well.

I'll probably record them tomorrow afternoon/evening and upload the video(s) saturday morning.

So gutted, and so angry.

I've got up to just short of 30% in Far Cry 2 now, just got the achievement for finishing all original missions - although there was still a mission available in the main city (northern territory). Odd, I thought, but I went off to do it.

I went into the APR building and saved the game, but then I thought "I want to do a buddy mission instead, in-case I could get a new buddy to help me with this next mission". So I went to Mike's Bar, did a buddy mission succesfully, went back to the APR building, saved it again, walked up the stairs and everyone in the room just stands still and stares at me. They're stuck there, frozen in time, and they won't offer me the mission document that's sitting there on the couch.

So there's my save fucked. No way am I starting again, I've poured nearly 20 hours into it. Gutted as well, I've been playing it for hours every day. What a piece of shit of a bug, loads of people have suffered from it as well.

Holy crap thats bad :( cant say im really feeling game anymore myself done 16% and all incredibly tedious getting everywhere. I stick to jungle and rivers etc but missions just seem the same travel otherside of map kill someone rinse and repeat. I think be much better if you could have your buddies come with you to do the missions.

Also annoying the jeep ambushes always seems to be one if you take road and its no wonder game has alot of hours take bloody ages to get to missions.

I know what you mean, I said that in here a few days after release - those checkpoints get old very quickly. I wish that once you'd cleared them out they stayed cleared out, makes it really annoying going from one mission to the next.

There's a lot of bugs in the game, since I started there's been a magical floating gun outside the UFFL HQ that I have to walk straight through to get into the building. I've also had a guy parked in an "invisible car"; he was sat down, in mid-air, with a tree going straight through him. Just hovering there.

I know it's a big game and some of them are funny (see below) but it's shocking really, especially when it ruins your save.

YouTube - Far Cry 2 - Ragdoll Glitch

Couldn't help it, I've started again. It's got a lot of faults but I'm compelled to finish it for some reason, I don't know what it is but the game really grabs me. I'll keep five different saves this time...

I have a question though (contains story spoilers, about what happens after completing the missions for both factions in the northern territory):

Before the mission glitch I had, I was told by the APR guy to go and kill the UFLL guy, but I like UFLL. I can't kill the APR guy because your weapons are taken off you when you enter the building, so do I have to kill the UFLL guy? I notice that the achievement for killing him is "kill a faction leader" and not "kill the UFLL faction leader"...

Just got some nice commenta back about two of my maps - i'll get recording later tonight.

Devils Tower - Wow, what a great job on the tower. This is such a great feature on the map I would probably get killed often just standing there enjoying the view. The battle area is a little tight for my liking but nice details everywhere. Great job on this map.

Hill Assault - Another map with great atmosphere and details. You have obviously figured out how to create a feeling of "being there' that others, including myself, should take lessons from. Combining the buildings in the way you have presents different looks than the out of the box offerings. Minding the details like placing the houses properly on the hill, making every room have a distinct look, and just the right amount of cover for good flow. Can't wait to play this with a group...again very nice maps and look forward to more.

I wish the content was available for all formats, you'd think there would have been a system where everything uploaded to a central server could work across everything.

I'm trying to play online with a friend ( xbox ), how can we like party up or join eachothers game? You can't join session for some reason.

I wish the content was available for all formats, you'd think there would have been a system where everything uploaded to a central server could work across everything.
what would be even nicer is if ps3 and 360 users can just play eachother online

The online side seems shite

the maps are massive so finding people is rare

I think the online reminds me of counter strike in a way, but I agree the maps are way to big. I'm level 5 right now, although I do like some of the maps.

its teh fact that consoles in general cannot handle more then 16 odd players online.

i bet the pc users are having lots of fun playing on these brillient user created maps with 30+ players

I think this game is good, but the map is just way to big! i find it so annoying sometimes that I traveled so far and died, without saving in a long time. I also find it annoying when all the enemies begin to pile up in those stupid cars with the mg! The game is just hard to play honestly, I'm taking it slowly though just doing some of those weapon missions, but I'll move on to do the more 'important' ones.

But at the moment, for campaign It's OKAY I'm not to happy with the amount of driving.

Yeah I agree with the drive for 10 minutes, 2 minutes of action.... you die... reload and another 10 minutes of driving - being boring.

Online is alright if you get in with a good crowd. I tend to stick with a few friends from my friends list and play on the server some guy on gamefaqs is running with custom maps.

The problem i have with customs is most are gigantic - so i've made mine small to medium. I've just about finished my last map for now which is why ive not uploaded any videos yet - ill do them all at once in a compilation rather than 1 at a time.

I've done all available side-missions on the first part of the map (the exclamation mark appeared on nothing but story missions as I moved off onto the second part), and I've done all available side-missions on the second part, yet it says I've only done 32/40 of the available side-missions and there's absolutely nowhere else to go. I can't even go back to the first part of the map to make 110% sure, if I try I "white out" and end up back where I started. Some of the design in this game is infuriating.

Also, those people who wanted to finish the game and then go back to finish the side missions, you can't. Once you finish, that's it, all you can do is load your last save or start a new game. Great stuff.

It's such a shame because there's a lot I really love about the game - the setting for a start, the storyline, weapons that jam and break etc... But there's so much that they haven't really thought about. The whole 10 minutes driving 2 minutes action thing is really annoying (although I've started using the busses now, it's a lot easier). And the situation above takes the biscuit for me, I can't believe I would have to start the entire game again (for a THIRD TIME thanks to the bug I had that wouldn't let me accept a mission) to get just eight more side-missions done, and I'd have to complete half of the main story again to "unlock" the second part of the map again - fuck that.

I'll try online tomorrow night and if the maps are too big (as the general consensus seems to be) I'll be trading it in on Friday, only 5% off completing the main story now.

Finished it now, yet it said I had three missions left of the story to finish just before it ended...?! I'm presuming there's been some glitches along the way that have led to it not counting certain missions (both story missions and side missions). Got over half of the achievements though so that'll do me.

Interesting story, was nice to have a choice at the end. Pissed off that it was (STORY SPOILER)
all for nothing though. I knew that he wouldn't kill himself for a start, and I knew that conflict would carry on. It's a bit of a poor plot really, you go there as, what, a special agent? You're there to kill this guy and within two weeks in-game time you trust him enough to kill yourself for him?

Back
Top Bottom