Farcry 2

I think the overall opinion of this is that it's great to begin with but gets really repetitive and frustrating pretty quickly. Don't think anyone I know has completed it yet because they got bored of it.

I am still at a point where I am enjoying the game though I can see it come to a point where I just can't be arsed anymore and hope the Malaria does kill me

IMO piloting the boat along a wide, muddy, African river in the game is perhaps the most atmospheric, beautiful and stimulating experience I've had in a game, it really made me feel close to the world they were showing me, but the rest of the game just let it down so badly :(

IMO piloting the boat along a wide, muddy, African river in the game is perhaps the most atmospheric, beautiful and stimulating experience I've had in a game, it really made me feel close to the world they were showing me, but the rest of the game just let it down so badly :(

i said that when i first got it and it is a real shame that is does get boring quickly

Jesus, you guys must have a lot of time on yours hands. I used to play the single player campaigns when thats all you could really do.

I am talking about games on the Amiga, Mega-drive, PS1, PS2. The hours I used to put in were scary, and I finished most games. But two things have changed since then. . . one I have grew up, and dont have a spare 5 hrs a day and secondly I went on-line and never looked back.

Gamings has changed now, playing on-line is what this generation of consoles is about. Overlooking the Multiplayer side is a big mistake in my opinion. And especially with this game, as even new-comers will do ok as its nicely balanced (as I know some games are a bit elitist, and you get killed straight away). So if your not happy with the the single player, try the Multi-player before you give up on it.

I haven't even tried the single player, and dont with any game. Multiplayer games are never the same, so there life span is almost unlimited. By all means if you like a story play the single player, but alls I am saying is dont overlook on-line.

Online in games like Farcry are the same type of game as loads of other FPS games though. FPS games with stories are nearly always better in single-player than online because once you've played one online FPS, you've played 90% of them.

Farcry online is shite

i was looking forward to it due to the map making put it just all feels wrong

Online in games like Farcry are the same type of game as loads of other FPS games though. FPS games with stories are nearly always better in single-player than online because once you've played one online FPS, you've played 90% of them.
tbh thats how cod4 felt. same old online FPS game yet thats the most popular shooter online.

at least with battlefield games theirs more variety hench why bf bc is my fav online shooter of last year

I thought the perks system was brilliant in COD4, a huge change in the gameplay and a real incentive to keep playing.

Farcry online is shite

i was looking forward to it due to the map making put it just all feels wrong

Ok be honest how long have you played on-line ?

At first I didn't rate it, but then it all clicked into place, have great games on-line now, you just have to pick maps that suite your style. Theres close fighting maps, medium, and sniper levels, I prefer medium levels.

Cant beat taking out a jeep full of the enemy with a grenade launcher, watching it explode and throwing the men into the air all crispy.

Yeah the shooting is poor. I haven't tried this online yet, I was gonna see if anyone else had to see what it was like but I suppose I'll just have a go and see what it's like. I haven't even played the single player since boxing day, I just don't ever get that urge to play it when I turn my 360 on.

The shooting is just all wrong

its not a patch on COD or Vegas

Its not, its actually quite realistic, simply because the gun doesn't remain totally still like in COD, as I say you have to give it a chance, once you master it, you will be glad you did. I quite often rack up 20 + kills in a team death-match.

Also this is totally different to COD and Vegas, which I'am glad about, no point in games being too similiar.

Vegas is completely different to COD

On Vegas the shooting you do is all you so picking off head shots is as sweet as it comes and it has massive recoil. COD has auto aim and with hardly any recoil but both are very smooth and responsive and when you shoot people they have it bang on

Farcry aint a patch on either, its not as real as Vegas 2 and is isn't as arcadey/easy as COD, its sluggish and when shooting people it looks and feels terrible

I really did have high hopes for it but as soon as i played it online i could tell straight away it felt plain wrong. Thats my opinion anyway, if you like and enjoy it fair play to ya, i just dont

i agree with coopz. it felt wrong and shit. i thought about giving up on fps games on consoles because of it but then i loaded up bf bc and was astound on how great the controls are for a fps console game.

bf bc destroys far cry 2 online

Got to 30% and can't be arsed anymore. Its just the same thing over and over again but I am just getting sick of driving somewhere, getting the shit blown out of me and having to repair my car before doing the same thing again ad infinitum

This game is pathetic. Im selling it on ebay and using it to pay off Street Fighter IV at Play.com.

yup i agree but the MP on the pc version at least is bloody fantastic placebo.
gunna sell my ps3 version too seeing as i got a free legit copy with my graphics card a few weeks ago.

i hope i can get maybe £20 off it from GAME or gamestation?

Back
Top Bottom