Farcry 2

Re: Farcry 2 PC, Xbox 360

Ohh yeah for sure, just covering all bases you know ;)). You have to do about 4 or 5 gun shop missions. I forgot about those as I did them first to unlock most of the weapons. They're not very hard TBH just your usual destruction/assassination.

Last edited:

I love the assassination style missions. It's like a free roaming hitman game. I'm a noob in the solo game still so all i had was my knife, a pistol, a machine gun and a rocket launcher so i decided to play it stealthy.... well I tried.

I spent ages going around to the back of the area where my target was - got down in the grass... as i approached i decided to turn back and come at him at a different angle. as i turned soe guard who must have seen or heard something was stood a little behind me looking around - i crouched over to him and stabbed him then ran off into the thick jungle. when i knew it was clear i went around the side or the base and then i heard shouting and everyone started running around - i whipped my rocket launcher out and got the target in sight - but then i noticed the guards weren't after me - someone must have heard me kill the other guy because everyone was running around that area - so i ended up jumping into the water... swimming to the target climbing up behind him stabbing him and then running off as the guards spotted me and gave chase.

I thought i was well clear a few minutes later so i bailed out of my boat and took off on foot - after getting lost i went back to my boat area and there were 2 other boats there with guards on them so after firing off a rocket blowing them up i got back in my boat and sped away.

Awesome AI

I'm liking this game a lot I must say.

I'm still only getting into the single player and I'm still using the shitty automatic you get that most of the patrols use, but I have about 50 Diamonds saved so once I finish the mission I'm on now I'm gonna head to the gun shop and unlock some new toys. :D

I had a quick look at the map maker the other day as well.... wow. The stuff you're gonna be able to do with that will be immense.
I was actually thinking of making a Triathlon style level, with a dirt track at the start with buggies, then a river segment with boats and then finally a hill/mountain run.

Now how this would work would obviously require peoples co-operation, but the winner would be the person who made it to the top of the mountain first, where some nice gun placements would be and they can take out the other contenders before they reach the finish... haha. Or maybe I've too much time on my hands in work....

yeah you can have buggies, boats, jeeps and the gliders
and all the weather effects are still intact too!playing MP CTD(Capture the diamond ) the other night and it was a cloudy day then midway through the game it started raining!

on friday are u lot up for some fc2 action? rad will u get your map ready by then so we can have a blast on it?

what a shame that MS and Sony cant play nice and allow ps3 and 360 to play eachother online in a multiplat game

yeah my maps about 40% complete after 2 hours on it today - should get it finished as a basic map tonight then add details tomorrow

probably 9pm onwards - ive just uploaded the map as well. i probably could add and add to it for hours but the gameplay would be the same. It's called 'Saint Lo' if anyone wants to search for it

this pissed me off last night

twice i travelled for ages across the map to doing the same mission only to die at both attempts

that's because one of my friends must have died so they didn't rescue me

Am I missing something or do the guys at every checkpoint (those huts with the barriers etc.) try to kill you every time? Is there no way to befriend them? Getting a bit annoying now driving somewhere and having to stop three times on the way to kill them all, then carry on, then go back, stop three times to kill them all etc...

I just keep driving past them. Eventually they give up the chase. Or stop and use my trusty handheld grenade launcher.

Bugger - I finished my map and uploaded it - just had a play online with some people and spotted them breaking down doors on buildings and getting into place i didn't want them to. So i've had to go back in and delete those buildings and replace them and re add all of my furniture.

I drive past as well

and if one car gives chase wait till im in the open road and get on the gun in the back

We just got this today and all I could say was OH MY GOD. It's just so good. We got malaria, just got to go to this woman's bar who we saved to get a cure for it. Died at the start, after you wake up when you've fainted, bah. I'm loving going off road and tipping the cars, and the flamethrower is so FUN. I love how you set a little bush on fire and it'll spread. I'm going to be powering this tonight.

Bugger - I finished my map and uploaded it - just had a play online with some people and spotted them breaking down doors on buildings and getting into place i didn't want them to. So i've had to go back in and delete those buildings and replace them and re add all of my furniture.
ahha fucking quality

We just got this today and all I could say was OH MY GOD. It's just so good. We got malaria, just got to go to this woman's bar who we saved to get a cure for it. Died at the start, after you wake up when you've fainted, bah. I'm loving going off road and tipping the cars, and the flamethrower is so FUN. I love how you set a little bush on fire and it'll spread. I'm going to be powering this tonight.

you can set fire's etc online too. you wanna join me and rad online tonight? add me on your psn

Last edited:

I've already got you on my PSN I think!! I may join you tonight yeah, or Proxi will. One of us anyway, if we can drag ourselves away from the story haha it's so good.

Also it's got trophies too I've noticed, which is always a lovely bonus, yay. :D

I forgot all about the family halloween party tonight - they usually have them over the weekend but it was tonight and i totally forgot. Anyway... the farcry 2 map night will have to wait until tomorrow. I've started another map today as well so i might, fingers crossed get that in a playable state tomorrow.

If not we can test my map - then just play the default maps for a bit.

Uploaded my 3rd and most detailed map an hour or so ago.

It's called "Hill Assault" - DM or TDM. The two teams start on opposite sides of a street. You run up the short hill to reach the main street where all of the action kicks off. There are a few buildings to cut through or go around as well as the use of 3 sandbag mounted machine guns. I've added tons of details and furniture and hopefully made the level seem more alive.

I also added a train crash at one end of the map (to stop people getting beyond that area) where a fallen tree caused a train to derail. I'm not sure if everything is viewable while playing but feel free to download and have a look around.

quality. how does these custom maps work ie can i just search for that map and see who is hosting and playing on it?

Erm - Go into map community - then search for the map name or creator i think. then you can download it and use it when you're online hosting your own games or for use when you're online and someone else hosts it - it saves downloading each time.
====

My 2nd map I couldn't remember the name of the other day when I came here to type but it's "Hotels"

Symetrical map with a lake in the centre and shanty style homes surrounding the map to confine people in the playable area. It's mainly for the Control point and Diaomond modes but does support DM/TDM. I got the idea for the hotels from RTCW. There was a map where one team had to plant a bomb on a sarcophagus and the other team spawns above it. Those games lasted four ages so i mirrored it here so both teams spawn above their own area.

In control point the spawns are the same but each team has a point directly in front of their Hotel and the central point is in the centre of the lake. The way the map has played out so far has meant that games can swing back and forth many times with someone sneaking out of the Hotel and grabbing a control point while everyones backs are turned.

Rad can you take some videos of all the maps you have made?

Yeah - I've been thinking I'll have to get some videos on youtube to advertise them. I'm not sure if a tour of the map in the editor would be best or a video of me running around exploring and showing the map off, or a bit of both.

Maybe I can show something off in the editor - like move the camera to a mounted gun - and then cut to me on the gun firing away at nothing.

Back
Top Bottom