Fallout 3

Re: Fallout 3, Xbox 360, PS3

2 of the best games i have played on next gen have both been single player only Bioshock and this

Agreed, Fallout 3 GOTY IMO with Bioshock in the top ten also.

Location and weapon spoilers
Found Underworld yesterday and beneath underword I found the Lincoln repeater rifle! It's a rifle that fires .44 Magnum rounds! Not had a chance to use it yet but I will today.

Also found the Alien crash site and the Alien Blaster as well, someone on Gamefaqs posted how to find it, it'll take down a Super Mutant in a single shot!!!

Awesome game, enjoying it more and more every day.

Got a fair bit of Game store credit - thinking of trading in Dead Space for this?

Dead Space is brilliant - but I am finding it a bit 'samey'. Its like "go here, do this" and the baddies are always the same. It is a very good game though and if money was no object, I'd keep it and complete it.

So... Fallout 3? Is it varied? I quite liked Oblivion and I think it will be more interesting that Dead Space. What sort of game is it - would you describe it as "Obivion set in the future" or is there more too it?

Help me peeps!

My other option is to save my trade-in/credit till next week and get Mirrors Edge/COD5. Prob getting Mirrors Edge anyway, so it would be put towards COD5.

Oblivion in the future, with guns, far better graphics and a quality aiming system (VATS). If you liked Oblivion, you'll love this.

Got this last night after trading in Dead Space and a few Wii games at Blockbuster - got a great trade in value - so had enough to get this and still have £18 put on my account. That'll do nice for COD5 on Friday!

Liking this game so far - like most (i guess), I found the first hour quite boring - although I thought the concept was very cool by having you experience different things since birth.

Spent most of the night in the Vault and only about 30 mins outside of it - where I could instantly see the game would improve. It became less 'Half Life 2' and more 'Oblivion with guns' :LOL:

Like all the stats and XP stuff, lots of stuff to collect, lots to do and see - so I can tell this is going to give me a much better experience than Dead Space (even though that is a good game).

One thing though, from my short time outside of the Vault, I didnt see many people (Ok, I know its a nuclear wasteground!). But I was wandering around a bit aimlessly and didnt know what to do. How do you get the 'side missions' and what sort of things trigger the story mode further?

Follow the quest instructions, it'll tell you where to go to move the story on.

Side quests are found randomly. You'll get a load of side-quests pretty early on when you get to Megaton.

But just by wandering around the landscape, going through metro tunnels and just generally exploring, you'll find settlements and buildings which you can go into and find all kinds of stuff.

I'm still REALLY early on in the story, only done about three story missions, but have managed to put 15hrs into the game already! I need to do story missions though because I'm at a place now where there's loads of robots and I haven't got any energy weapons apart from a shitty laser pistol. Apparantly advancing in the story gets you loads more energy weapons so I'll have to stop being so curious wandering around and get back to the story now :LOL:

You'll eventually bump into places and random people that give you them and then as those missions send you further and further out you'll find where the majority of the people are.

When you left the vault if you looked to the right slightly you should see some sort of structure. If you walk to there (Megaton) that's where you'll find some.

I just tend to look for settlements/structures. I just went on a wandering mission last night and spotted a church in the distance. Ended up getting into a pretty hectic firefight with missiles, miniguns and lasers involving me, super mutants and a robot :LOL:

Found a good stash of ammo and aid there though :DD

I'm up to about 40 hours I think now, and so far all I've done of the main quest is to find out I need to go to
Riveton
, has anyone else had the water treatment worker guy vanish on them? I brought back some scrap metal to sell him and he's vanished, never comes back on his job, googling says it's the same for a lot of people, some find him dead somewhere!

Have you found the Underground hideout for those ghouls/radiation-effefcted people? You can trade your scrap metal with him for Stimpaks/Psycho's.

Much more handier.

I'm up to about 40 hours I think now, and so far all I've done of the main quest is to find out I need to go to
Riveton
, has anyone else had the water treatment worker guy vanish on them? I brought back some scrap metal to sell him and he's vanished, never comes back on his job, googling says it's the same for a lot of people, some find him dead somewhere!

I'm in the same boat as you - One time I walked into the building and bumped into... well... that would be telling. Which made me wonder if his vanishing was more than just the game deciding to not load him. But it seems he's just got a suicidal path and tends to walk off heights and top himself.

Last edited:

Have you found the Underground hideout for those ghouls/radiation-effefcted people? You can trade your scrap metal with him for Stimpaks/Psycho's.

Much more handier.

No I hadn't yet, well I guess when I do I can go collect my scrap metal.

Just created the launcher that fires all your useless shit at enemies, killed someone with a sink plunger, hilarious!

Where did you get the launcher schematics? That sounds like an awesome weapon :DD

I just got the schematics for the
railway gun which fires spikes

I keep finding darts as well, what weapon uses those?

Where did you get the launcher schematics? That sounds like an awesome weapon :DD

I just got the schematics for the
railway gun which fires spikes

I keep finding darts as well, what weapon uses those?

Bought it from the woman trader at Megaton, also had a trader outside the Megaton gates offer me the schematics for it, both at the same price 1077.

Yeah I have loads of darts but haven't found the weapon for them yet (or the gun you spoilered either) :)

If you get more than one of the same type of schematics it improves the build.

Anyone else found the Alien Blaster? Amazing weapon kills super mutants in one.

Also fought a behemoth the other day, that was one tough hombre.

Still got so much to do in this game.

I got in late last night and found my missus cheating on me! :((

She was playing LBP without me!

So I kicked her off that and put Fallout on, but I was so tired, I kept dropping off! :LOL: Got into Megaton anyway and was wandering around chatting to people. I cannot find the woman who lets you a place to stay though, but I didnt play it for too long.

Still not got any side quests yet... cannot believe people say "OMG!! LOLZ!!! I COMPLETED THIS GAMEZ IN 1 HOUR!!!".... seems like its going to take days/weeks/months!?

The place to stay can be found when

You disable the bomb

The amount of scope in this is unbelievable. I can easily spend a whole night just running around a waterworks, or an abandoned school, or supermarket, just killing mutants, rooting around desks and cupboards for loot and just exploring and trying to find stuff.

And there isn't a point when you get bored, even in the wasteland, because you're always looking around to see if you're close to a building you can explore, looking for raiders, or listening to the radio stations.

Gotta say this is one of the most engrossing games I've ever played.

Last edited by a moderator:

Had an incredible moment of randomness last night. I found a small camp of a 'certain faction'. All of them were dead which struck me as a bit weird as they are hard as fuck.

It was right outside a mutant bear cave who are also hard as fuck. No bear corpses though and no bears. Weirder.

So I'm happily scavenging the goodies off the corpses till I cant walk properly because of the weight when out of nowhere come a couple of grenades and 6 Raiders in a big pack! Shiiiite! I'm thinking I'm not going to survive this as I've I'm very low on any kind of meds and can barely move.

The first raider is on top of me when his head pops like a ripe melon! wtf! the next one goes down in laser fire, I turn to see 2 Outcast Brotherhood come pounding over the ridge guns blazing!! Awesome! I turn my rifle on the remaining raiders and we take them out with just a sliver of health left. "Where is the robot they travel with?" I wonder and just as the thought leaves my head I hear the robot being torn to bits just out of eyeline. 2 bears then proceed to rape everything in their path.

I only just manage to walk away alive by using my last 2 Nuka Cola grenades to take out both Brotherhood and Bears leaving me surrounded by a total of 15 very messed up corpses of various beasts and factions :D

Moments like this are why the game is great :DD

Oh my! That sounds awesome.

Do you learn how to make things like the 'Cola Grenades' later, or is it just trial and error?

First I've heard of it, must be something you learn later on though.

I couldn't use them as grenades though, they're a vital source of HP for me :))

Edit:

You can make Nuka Cola Quantum grenades with the right schematic, so save up those bottles. It makes a very big bang.

I scavenge all kinds, always keep my eye out for cigarette cartons though, they're worth a good amount of money while weighing very little.

You just need to know you're money to weight ratio's.

Things like unrepaired armour are worth feck all but as mentioned packets of cigarettes and cartons are worth it. E.g. Carton of Tabs is 2 weight and 50 caps so it's 25 caps to 1 weight so quite worthy.

Some things like fission batteries are 10 weight and 75 caps so 7.5 caps to 1 weight not worthy.

Pre war money 0 weight 10 caps so extremely worthy!

Guys, I've been on the fence about this game and reading your comments is really luring me into buying it. I have just a few questions for some of you.

I have PS3 and 360, and a Integrated Intel® GMA X4500HD Graphics card on my PC.

Graphicswise, which console would you recommend me to get this game for?

I really want to experience this game in all it's glory or close to it graphically.

Not sure how good your gfx card is but if it's a top card, the PC version is definately the best. After that, I believe the 360 version is quite a bit better looking than the PS3 version, although I think the PS3 version looks great anyway :DD

Not sure how good your gfx card is but if it's a top card, the PC version is definately the best. After that, I believe the 360 version is quite a bit better looking than the PS3 version, although I think the PS3 version looks great anyway :DD

Appreciate that. I really need to upgrade my PC but it just seems like a waste of money since you are forced to upgrade every 2 years or so in order to be able to play good graphical games.

I might just pick this game up for the 360, but I have to say that from watching vids of both consoles, the graphics are not that impressive.

Last edited:

Not that impressive?! I'd say they're some of the best graphics I've seen on this console generation, personally :))

PS3 here, although I'm sure others here who have the game will also say the graphics look pretty damn good?

Thanks for all the info. My mind has been made up, I will see if I can find a copy of the 360 version sometime this week. My hands are so full though. I still haven't finished Dead Space and just got GOW2, not to mention Resistance 2 and soon to be launched COD5 and Lef for Dead. Busy, busy time for gamers, but so little dinero.

Back
Top Bottom