Fallout 3

Re: Fallout 3, Xbox 360, PS3

Haha... my game is going down the toilet at every turn. I ran into a character in the underground area - a woman... she had a name so i assume she had a purpose. anyway - some huge scorpions ended up getting in between us and killing her. So there goes that possible story.

Then i ran into some soldiers (The Brotherhood) and helped them take out some mutants. After that they asked for my help so i followed them to a building and a fight kicked off. during the fight the brotherhood guys get killed leaving me on my own with 2 remaining mutants who i ended up running away from like a little girl. So there goes that story as well.

-

I just read as well that it was possible to avoid something that happened in my game earlier that caused the death of two people (one by my hands) by just taking out the bad guy before he can do anything. I love that the game will let you change the world in this kind of way1

Yeah I'm on the fire ant source quest and ran into the Brotherhood near the Church. They were having a battle with the Super Mutants. I was just waiting for them killing each other so I could raid their bodies and take their weapons etc. Hehe.

I also grassed the guy in the suit up to the sheriff, who obviously got capped. The guy then told me to watch my back. Bah. Still, I got to wear the sheriffs hat :COP:

Dont know whether to defuse/activate the bomb or not, though

This has to be the most open-ended game ever, surely? Just playing it now and it's scary, I'm one of those nerds who likes to complete the game and it looks like it's pretty much impossible to complete this in one go. Back to Far Cry 2 methinks, nice and simple. :FISH:

(Amazing game though, the landscape is just a work of art)

Killed some random character yesterday (he had a decent weapon and he mouthed off) went into a nearby structure and received a mission to kill him and his mates!

Also
dads dead!

And I have a mutation where
I heal crippled limbs when irradiated enough!
anyone else have a different mutation?

Killed some random character yesterday (he had a decent weapon and he mouthed off) went into a nearby structure and received a mission to kill him and his mates!

Also
dads dead!

And I have a mutation where
I heal crippled limbs when irradiated enough!
anyone else have a different mutation?

wow that first spoiler could have done with being marked as a HUGE STORYLINE SPOILER Rather than just 'heres some info of cool stuff ive been up to'. 'Huge spoiler about missing dad' or 'dont click this spoiler unless you want a part of the main story spoiling' or 'only click this if you have found out what happened to dad'

That's ruined a big chunk of my game now.

-

Seems i can't walk around in my game now safely. Well not that i could anyway thanks to all of the stuff out there but it seems i have another thing to deal with now. I travelled to a location at night to drop off some goodies... as soon as i got there i had a message and it all kicked off... after searching a body i found out what was going on... needless to say i'm sure it's just the first of many. but i wonder why!

Last edited:

How many of you guy have been saved by "Fat Man"? :LOL:

I've been three or four times already!

:LOL:

Bethesda bigwig Pete Hines has said a patch for the PC version of the game will be released later today.

Speaking in a Eurogamer Live Text article, he said the patch will "address a few PC-specific things that have come up".

"Can't give you any details yet beyond that as far as what else might be in the works for any of the three platforms," Hines added.

However, he did confirm that the PS3 version will feature Trophies in the future. "It's going to happen, just not sure when," said Hines. "We'll let folks know when we have something more definitive."

For more from Hines, including why there are no plans to introduce a multiplayer mode or raise the level cap, read the full

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=282407

This may shock some but ive never played Fallout 1 or 2 and have no idea what this game is about. Anyone kind enough to tell me why this is meant to be so good? Is it just a FPS with a good storyline?

This may shock some but ive never played Fallout 1 or 2 and have no idea what this game is about. Anyone kind enough to tell me why this is meant to be so good? Is it just a FPS with a good storyline?

I never played either games, but there is a bit here

It's an Action RPG, it can be played in FPS or Third Person, you level up and decide how you want your charcter to evolve in the game as such.

I don't think many people played Fallout 1 or 2 to be honest, pretty old PC game.

If you liked Oblivion (especially that game), Bioshock and Deus Ex, you'll like Fallout 3 :))

Everytime i look at the videos for this it just looks plain shit.

Crappy animation, underwhelming backgrounds and strange, static characters that dont really have any life to them (like oblivion). Compared to games like Far Cry 2, Mirrors Edge (different category I know) and killzone 2 this just looks sub-par in terms of the movement in 1st person view. And why is your character so damn skinny in 3rd person view?

Can someone please tell me why this is any good?? it doesnt seem to offer any innovation of any kind, has year old graphics from oblivions engine, and looks to offer awkward shooting mechanics with a lack of proper recoil/physics to the bullets.

It's certainly not the same graphics as Oblivion, miles better.

It sounds like you've already made your mind up, mate. Anyone trying to explain why it's so good would be wasting their time I reckon.

I find it to be a mixture of: movie I am legend, "creepyness" of Doom, atmospheric music of Tomb Raider...

Loving it myself!

I find it to be a mixture of: movie I am legend, "creepyness" of Doom, atmospheric music of Tomb Raider...

Loving it myself!

Only saw your message on PSN yesterday mate, I've got notifications turned off :LOL:

Cracking game. Just come out of some metro and got into a HUGE brawl with something like 5 raiders, 10 super mutants spread over the area and a couple other things coming at me. I ran around a building corner and sat there with my shotgun waiting for them to come around the corner :LOL:

Started to get messy though, the SM's started firing missiles at me, hitting cars and causing huge explosions!

Awesome.

It's certainly not the same graphics as Oblivion, miles better.

It sounds like you've already made your mind up, mate. Anyone trying to explain why it's so good would be wasting their time I reckon.

my mind's certainly not made up, but given im only a poor student i cant afford to purchase this and all the other great games coming out. Normally I decide from the videos available but really cant see anything great about this from the videos is all. Can anyone put their finger on why its so great for me? :BLINK: I loved bioshock, did NOT like deus ex and liked oblivion at the time, although i think that was more to do with the setting than the game itself. Didnt like doom much either. For me?

ahh trying times...

So is the landscape "full" of stuff/places? Think I might get this, but I don't want to be walking through mass effect style empty planets.

GOTY for me, really loving it, landscape is just fantastic totally believable and totally depressing (in a good way ;))) gameplay is great, not even bothered doing the next step of the story after leaving 101, for now just roaming around doing side quests and exploring places, surprised how cool VATS is, thought I wouldn't use it and would hate it but it's great fun to shoot someone's head off in super slow mo!

Only two gripes so far are no iron sights and when saving/loading it's really slow choosing between slots (as it loads the save icon).

Have you tried installing the game to your hard drive Placebo? That may speed up things for you such as load times, saves etc

I watched the IGN review and it looked pretty good to me

Have you tried installing the game to your hard drive Placebo? That may speed up things for you such as load times, saves etc

I have a 360 so can't do that until the new XBL dash update November 19th, but yes I'm anticipating it will help the problem, and will reduce the load times, considering they're already really low anyways it's going to be great :)

Just got it too. Really good game so far. Just need to spend some more time on it.

Yeah I've decided to step back for a bit and rank myself up. I found a way of getting info on my dad without paying out money (i wish i had tried it earlier) so i know where he is now - but getting there is a pain with my guy being a skinny weak guy with bad accuracy.

So im just going on excursions now killing anything that comes at me and then resting back at my house and then repeating.

Really ?? Wow, that's a bit of a shame - I guess the positive is it will be a cheap game to pick up 2nd hand soon once people start to finish it.

I am just happy developers are still making single player games...tag online on and the single player usually suffers

Back
Top Bottom