Fallout 3

Re: Fallout 3, Xbox 360, PS3

You bastards - I've forced myself not to buy this and get it for Christmas, telling myself 'it won't be as good as it looks, there has to be someone who says its worse than Oblivion'

shit shit shit... stop tempting me!

I need to decide whether to play as a good or bad character as well :THINK:

I read on the EU Playstation forums that someone picked to be a theif and now everyone tries to kill him anytime he goes near them - so thats something to watch out for

:LOL: Kinda makes sense I guess.

A thief doesn't really have good weapons to defend themselves either. I played as a thief/mage in Oblivion and it worked okay to a point but I was crap in battles :((

Not in my experience

I had a shootout at a Barn, 3 people. I tried sneaking up towards them before I was spotted hiding behind a rock. The first guy made a beeline for me guns blazing, 1 held back shooting from a distance and the other one ran off and seemed to try and flank me, flushing me out from behind the rock.

I popped up at the last minute and took the one coming at me with some VATS headshots. By this time the flanking one had a bead on me so I then legged it to the other side of the barn and hid. The long range shooter still kept his distance and was taking shots at my last known postition and the flanker followed me. He was met with a slow motion baseball bat to the face when he came around the corner. The last man then legged it in fear as fast as his legs would carry him.

I followed him for a while shooting his legs to slow him down. When he took cover I hid and I managed to sneak up on him from behind where I executed him with some slow motion shots to the back of the head :D

I'm not saying the AI is awesome or anything because it's not but there is definitely more to it than them just running at you.

Sounds quality :DD

£35 on PS3. Unfortunately my nearest store didn't have any copies so I ended up going to Morrisons and buying for £39.99 anyway :((

Still, I got an apple sundae from Morrisons for 54p, half price ;))

It was nice but not a fiver nicer :((

Nevermind! I'm sure it's worth £40 after reading thoughts and impressions of people who've played it.

Brilliant game, it really is Oblivion in the future with guns. Loving loads about this game, especially VATS! :DD

Did anyone else think the GNR radio station assault quest was VERY similar to Gears Of War? Thought that was great myself :))

I have a question for you guys. I was going to buy it on Friday but im going to wait a couple of weeks. Anyway my question is how is the combat in real time without VATS? Is it still enjoyable? While I will use VATS I would like to use the real time system sometimes aswell. Thanks. :)

I wouldn't bother with real-time unless I had no action points to use VATS. Once you use VATS, it's soooooo much better! Real-time is just like GTA, or SR2 where you aim with a reticule. It's alright, as it is in those games, but VATS wipes the socks off the real-time style.

The misses went shopping today and came back with the game totally catching me off guard as i was prepared to grit my teeth and wait until Christmas.

A stunning game!

Quick question - on the PS3 can you install the game? It says on the back 4gig required but that cant be for a save file?

Anyway - ive done everything you have to do to get out of the vault - i love that choices you make affect the storyline. For example I had a chance to keep a weapon or hand it to someone else... [early vault area spoiler]
So i gave it back to that girl - mainly because when she said 'LET'S get out of here, i assumed she was coming with me so i gave it to her for her protection - anyway... she ran off and eventually i caught up to her and she was in a chair with a guard and her dad. i ran into the room and just as they went for her she pulls the gun on them causing her dad to stop and me to get a crack in on the guards head.
Brilliant!

I also had the chance to
kill her dad when i needed password but i chose to ignore him and ran off - i didnt want to kill him off and screw up the vault for everyone else - but i do wonder what would have happened if i had killed him

-

Then i reached a place outside the vault and while im there another choice that affects the world. I was walking around chatting to people and
the sheriff of the town asked me to disarm that huge nuke. i said id have a go but before that i had a walk around and some suit asked me to rig the bomb to blow! I went back to the sheriff and grassed him up and then we both went to the guy to arrest him. After a little back and forth the guy agrees to be arrested and as soon as the sheriff's back is turned he pulls a gun and kills him - so i smacked the git to death myself before he could run.

Then i went and disarmed the bomb sadly knowing that the sheriff will never know and leaving his son without a dad.

:CRY:

Some of the responses you can pick in conversations have made me laugh as well - I've picked the nice ones so far mainly because i don't want to make lots of enemies without knowing the world and what's coming up. But I will the next play.

What a great game.

Last edited:

I didn't have to give a weapon back to Amata, she just said she wouldn't follow me out :(

I killed her dad the first time around, I thought I was meant to. I went outside to find Amata pissed off with me and telling me to get lost. I was gutted, loaded my last save game and did it again I felt so bad :(

Really really loving this game. I loved Oblivion and this is giving me the same buzz :DD

Did you choose not to be nice to her when you had the chances earlier on then dags? Before the test.

Nope, I'm trying to be nice to everyone.

Although I'm still a thieving bastard, which ruins my karma. Gotta keep to my Scouse nature and all that.

I'll do what I did in KOTOR though, and play through a second time as an evil bastard. And looking at the dialogue choices, it does sound fun :DD

That's exactly what i'm planning on - ive set myself up now to be good at hacking, medicine, melee attacks, lock picking and i cant think what else. Next time i'll be building myself up from the start to be a human tank with a chip on my shoulder.

The misses went shopping today and came back with the game totally catching me off guard as i was prepared to grit my teeth and wait until Christmas.

A stunning game!

Quick question - on the PS3 can you install the game? It says on the back 4gig required but that cant be for a save file?

Anyway - ive done everything you have to do to get out of the vault - i love that choices you make affect the storyline. For example I had a chance to keep a weapon or hand it to someone else... [early vault area spoiler]
So i gave it back to that girl - mainly because when she said 'LET'S get out of here, i assumed she was coming with me so i gave it to her for her protection - anyway... she ran off and eventually i caught up to her and she was in a chair with a guard and her dad. i ran into the room and just as they went for her she pulls the gun on them causing her dad to stop and me to get a crack in on the guards head.
Brilliant!

I also had the chance to
kill her dad when i needed password but i chose to ignore him and ran off - i didnt want to kill him off and screw up the vault for everyone else - but i do wonder what would have happened if i had killed him

-

Then i reached a place outside the vault and while im there another choice that affects the world. I was walking around chatting to people and
the sheriff of the town asked me to disarm that huge nuke. i said id have a go but before that i had a walk around and some suit asked me to rig the bomb to blow! I went back to the sheriff and grassed him up and then we both went to the guy to arrest him. After a little back and forth the guy agrees to be arrested and as soon as the sheriff's back is turned he pulls a gun and kills him - so i smacked the git to death myself before he could run.

Then i went and disarmed the bomb sadly knowing that the sheriff will never know and leaving his son without a dad.

:CRY:

Some of the responses you can pick in conversations have made me laugh as well - I've picked the nice ones so far mainly because i don't want to make lots of enemies without knowing the world and what's coming up. But I will the next play.

What a great game.

Wow, your experiences are totally different to mine in almost every way!

I defused the bomb and got a free house! Killed the overseer and didn't even know it was an option to give Amata a gun.

That's fookin impressive of the game.

Anyone got any tips for making quick money?

I scavenge everything i can find and then sell it all off. I raided the super market and then sold off all of the booze i picked up and the fags. there is probably someone out there who will play more for booze and fags than a random shop though.

I got to 300 whatever the currency is (it should have been 100 but thanks to my choices - it then went up to 300) and instead of using it to advance the story i blew it on ammo and repairs. Now I'm a scavenger travelling around raiding the area and loving it.

Quick question - has anyone else had problems with load times? Like one time you can enter an area that requires a load and it takes seconds. another time it takes a good minute?

I scavenge everything i can find and then sell it all off. I raided the super market and then sold off all of the booze i picked up and the fags. there is probably someone out there who will play more for booze and fags than a random shop though.

I got to 300 whatever the currency is (it should have been 100 but thanks to my choices - it then went up to 300) and instead of using it to advance the story i blew it on ammo and repairs. Now I'm a scavenger travelling around raiding the area and loving it.

Quick question - has anyone else had problems with load times? Like one time you can enter an area that requires a load and it takes seconds. another time it takes a good minute?

What console do you have it on?

PS3

I read on gamefaqs it might be because it installs while you play so sometimes it's installing the next few areas. But that doesn't really explain why twice my load times have been a complete joke - im talking like 3 minutes to go through a door.

It's been fine since that though.

Haha... my game is going down the toilet at every turn. I ran into a character in the underground area - a woman... she had a name so i assume she had a purpose. anyway - some huge scorpions ended up getting in between us and killing her. So there goes that possible story.

Then i ran into some soldiers (The Brotherhood) and helped them take out some mutants. After that they asked for my help so i followed them to a building and a fight kicked off. during the fight the brotherhood guys get killed leaving me on my own with 2 remaining mutants who i ended up running away from like a little girl. So there goes that story as well.

-

I just read as well that it was possible to avoid something that happened in my game earlier that caused the death of two people (one by my hands) by just taking out the bad guy before he can do anything. I love that the game will let you change the world in this kind of way1

Fantastic game. Been rinsing it all weekend.

Was having a lot of trouble with those damn fire ants, then realised if I concentrate by fire on the antennae the ants cant differentiate between friend and foe and attack each other. Made my job a bit simpler, especially when there were a group of the little bastards!

Back
Top Bottom