Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

Jack keep the info coming.....
Like I say, there's not much I can tell you, it's the same game as the others but in glorious HD. Love it.

You will have to play offline to unlock the right tools to play online, unless you're a brave man. You start off with the cowboy, the normal clubs and the one annoying caddy.

Loving the new swing method but it makes judging power on chips very, very hard. Could use a bit more help than you get, but you will get used to it.

I hope there's a way to get rid of the lines on the fairway that make it look like an American Football field, telling you all the yardages... I'll have to look into that...

Not surprised at the install time as the Jap version used to add new features regularly to the online side which took 10-15 mins to download and install every other week or so...

What the hell does it mean when a terrapin comes up after you've struck the ball?!

EDIT: And now it's a BUNNY that's come up when I've struck the ball. What the hell??

And also, there's "power" shot and "full power" shot options, but they both give the same yardage. So what's the difference?

What the hell does it mean when a terrapin comes up after you've struck the ball?!

And also, there's "power" shot and "full power" shot options, but they both give the same yardage. So what's the difference?

I am sure the same shot options was in the PS2 version as well. Mind you I don't have a clue what the difference was!

Something to do with hooking and slicing. A bad hook is a terrapin and a slice is a hare (or vice-versa).

Not sure about the extra shot type - always seemed odd to me too!

You tried online yet? Brilliant, like a game in itself!

Found a tip for the PSP version which I think applies to PS3 too (and you may already know?), but on the back swing, you dont have to press X to make the shot. You can press [] for a softer shot, or ^ for a harder shot (I think).

Its useful - say you need a 100% power shot and you miss the power line (i.e. hit 90% power), on the backswing, press the alternate power button and the gauge will most likely shoot up to 100%.

Sorry if thats all bollocks - I cannot remember what button does what, but it does work!

I've not heard of that before! Surely that's a bit of a cheat?!

Does it sacrifice accuracy?

No I am not sure it does. Its all documented in the manuals.

Its not a cheat by any means, the adjustment it makes is very slight. Nothing like the "change the roll of the ball in mid-air" cheat in Tiger!

The blue and orange power options you mean?

If so, Orange gives you a solid extra 10 yds or so. The blue mode could give you an extra 20 - or less than the normal. I think it is entirely random.

Haven't played any yet, was online for 14 seconds till the missus came sniffing about. Look for a kid in a Sheff Wed kit.

Anyone going online tonight? I dont care about levelling up etc - that will progress naturally! Online is where its at.

I've got some TV Shows to catch up on with the missus tonight, so I'll be on around 9-10 I reckon....

Silly little feature I know, but when it's quarter-past/half-past/quarter-to/something o'clock, you get a little Big Ben-style bell going off in the distance. It's things like that that make a game special IMO.

Silly little feature I know, but when it's quarter-past/half-past/quarter-to/something o'clock, you get a little Big Ben-style bell going off in the distance. It's things like that that make a game special IMO.

LOL... I've never noticed that! Touches like that I liked in Animal Crossing...

Anyone going online tonight? I dont care about levelling up etc - that will progress naturally! Online is where its at.

I've got some TV Shows to catch up on with the missus tonight, so I'll be on around 9-10 I reckon....

Yeh, I'll be getting on this evening (fingers crossed) so I'll look out for you.

Ahhh bum, I can't keep the new swing mode. It's no good for approach shots, I've just hit a shot by hitting just below the top of the swing, and the power it came up with was "78%". If I'd waited a fraction longer I'd have got 100%, so how in the name of God are you supposed to get 80-99%? I couldn't have hit it any less under the maximum as far as I'm concerned, and the shot ends up nowhere near the green (let alone the hole)...

Perhaps it gets easier when you level up but it makes approach shots that aren't the EXACT yardage away of the club impossible. Such a shame because I love the new putting system.

Thats a shame because i would bet the most of the approach shots are going to be like this. Very rare do you approach using 100%.

For the demo, I preferred the old system and don't mind losing the 10 yards or so by using it.

Well I just hit a teeshot and tried to hit a 100% shot - I just missed the maximum, but I notice that the reported power was "92%". I thought I had hit it 100%, it was that close, and there you go, it was miles off.

It seems that it has a sliding scale, i.e. it's easy enough to get 50% but from there up the margin for error get smaller and smaller until the last 10% where it is absolutely tiny. Which, like I say, makes it extremely hard to hit an 80-90% power shot. I mean, for a 90% shot, you have to aim to hit it 100%, which is just daft.

Well I just hit a teeshot and tried to hit a 100% shot - I just missed the maximum, but I notice that the reported power was "92%". I thought I had hit it 100%, it was that close, and there you go, it was miles off.

It seems that it has a sliding scale, i.e. it's easy enough to get 50% but from there up the margin for error get smaller and smaller until the last 10% where it is absolutely tiny. Which, like I say, makes it extremely hard to hit an 80-90% power shot. I mean, for a 90% shot, you have to aim to hit it 100%, which is just daft.

NEver found a problem with this really. Just used my best judge and it always ended up there or thereabouts. Actually prefer it as its more realistic - i.e. a real golfer wouldnt think - right, I'm gonna hit this 78% of my full power. They would think, I'll *try* to hit this about 3/4 I normally do and hope thats right.

Cannot be doing with all this pin-point precision stuff! I will ALWAYS use the new swing method, so it will be interesting if you switch back JB to see how we compare?

I know what you're saying but a real golfer would have the talent to hit an approach shot onto the green, I'm struggling to reach the green and as far as I'm concerned I'm hitting it TOO HARD if anything, looking at the swing capacity.

A real golfer wouldn't see the numbers but he'd get the accuracy!

I know what you're saying but a real golfer would have the talent to hit an approach shot onto the green, I'm struggling to reach the green and as far as I'm concerned I'm hitting it TOO HARD if anything, looking at the swing capacity.

A real golfer wouldn't see the numbers but he'd get the accuracy!

Guess thats got more to do with you not having levelled up yet then?

Either that, or you're shite ;)

On the PSP version I'm not doing too badly at all, won every tournament over the first two levels on the first attempt, so I'm most definitely not shite. ;)

It must be a levelling up thing, so I'll wait until I've completed half the game before I switch back to the new swing.

On the PSP version I'm not doing too badly at all, won every tournament over the first two levels on the first attempt, so I'm most definitely not shite. ;)

It must be a levelling up thing, so I'll wait until I've completed half the game before I switch back to the new swing.

Yea, might be an idea.

Shame if you dont come online for some multiplayer though - even 1 on 1's - not about who wins and loses, EG is about FUN!

Have you tried the online lobbies yet?

Haven't touched them, wanted to get some good clubs and balls first. But I will come on tonight if I finish this first tier of tournaments. Brilliant game, it's so so addictive - it must be because it's so quick to finish a round, but God it's good.

Back
Top Bottom