Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

Ok, a few things that I know from the Minna version.

You do get unlocks for online games - but they are for the online lobby avatar (new costumes etc). These used to be for things like Hole In Ones, Eagles etc.

The search feature also used to work fine - though IIRC, it is case sensitve - i.e. ukjackbauer will not work.

Also, if anyone didnt know, pressing SELECT when online gives you access to your XMB friends list (maybe only works in the lobby)...

Right, I booked into a tournament last night - it says, starts at 10:30, finishes at 11:20. So I've just come to play in it now, thinking "it's between those times", and it's as if I didn't book a place. It says all the places have gone and it won't let me play.

What the hell?

Sorry but the game is very poorly designed on the user friendliness front, and the tiny weeny manual doesn't help either.

ARGH, and I just nearly lost my place in the next tournament because when I tried to book into the tournament a few hours later it removed my first booking!

Why doesn't the game EXPLAIN these things to you before just doing it?!!

I've not been able to connect to a single Evo-Web member yet, in any PS3 game, so I don't think any Evo-Web matches are going to work well... But we'll see.

I found Pboreham but he was in a game - to be fair, I'm not sure I'd know what to do even then

Woah, I just put in the comments section after a whole, "what happened? haha" - and it CENSORED the word "happened".

So all everyone saw was, "what ********? haha"...

What a weird, weird game. Or am I culturally ignorant, is "happened" a swear word in some country that doesn't like past tense?

Woah, I just put in the comments section after a whole, "what happened? haha" - and it CENSORED the word "happened".

So all everyone saw was, "what ********? haha"...

What a weird, weird game. Or am I culturally ignorant, is "happened" a swear word in some country that doesn't like past tense?

HOW DARE YOU! I've never been so insulted! MODS - BAN HIM!

I have no idea - how weird!

I dunno, I guess it is a bit unfriendly, but considering we navigated the Jap version (all jap text) ok for 3-4 months then maybe this is a god-send to me!

If we're all on later, then we can experiment :)

I played in tournaments and user created rooms last night with no problem.

The tournaments JB, it appears you 'book a place' - then you get a countdown 3 mins before it starts then automatically taken to the lobby. Not sure if 'booking' means you are not guaranteed a place, but would be bloody stupid if not?

Meant to say for the benefit of Mr. Butcher - you said yesterday the characters walking in-front of you when they'd holed out were a bit off-putting. If you press the right stick in (or "R3" as they call it), you can switch the other players off. Bloody handy.

Although I'm playing a tournament now (I think you have to be there RIGHT at the start - which seems ridiculous, why make the times last an hour then?), and I can't find a way to see the others - pressed R3 and nothing. Yet they can see me - scary!

Meant to say for the benefit of Mr. Butcher - you said yesterday the characters walking in-front of you when they'd holed out were a bit off-putting. If you press the right stick in (or "R3" as they call it), you can switch the other players off. Bloody handy.

Although I'm playing a tournament now (I think you have to be there RIGHT at the start - which seems ridiculous, why make the times last an hour then?), and I can't find a way to see the others - pressed R3 and nothing. Yet they can see me - scary!

Ahhh weird - I had that in the tournaments last night. I was expecting the 'ghosts' like in lobby games, but they didnt appear.

Wonder if its because you can have up to 50 players in the tournies, so they do not show up (would be chaos) - but if they CAN see you... Hmmmm...

Oh yes, game installed and I am finally up and running...

Does anyone else agree that the next part is the worst part of the game, gotta get through loads of easy tournies in single player to unlock a few bits. There is nothing satisfying about winning tournies by 10 shots (just like I did). I can't wait for the single player game to get more of a challenge.

Does anyone else agree that the next part is the worst part of the game, gotta get through loads of easy tournies in single player to unlock a few bits. There is nothing satisfying about winning tournies by 10 shots (just like I did). I can't wait for the single player game to get more of a challenge.

Bad news - it takes AGES to become anywhere near tricky!

Yep, completely agree. You can level-up online but you don't get any unlocks - well pboreham says you can get them but five games later and I've seen no unlocks or "prizes".

Shame, but never mind, a few days of hard work and it'll be ready to go. ;)

Yep, completely agree. You can level-up online but you don't get any unlocks - well pboreham says you can get them but five games later and I've seen no unlocks or "prizes".

Shame, but never mind, a few days of hard work and it'll be ready to go. ;)

I've not seen any this time either, though as I said, they were for hole in ones and special things like that. One of the first unlocks was a witches custome (with broomstick).

But I did notice when you create your avatar, there are LOADS more options than Minna started with, so maybe they have done away with the unlocks?

Love this game - i forgot how addictive it is

we should get a list going here of PSNs so we can arrange some evo-web games

Just take a look at the last two pages and look at the PSN tags on the left there, there's not millions of us. ;)

It's hacking me off that you can't book into a tournament and turn up in the middle of the time-scale. I could finish 18 holes in five minutes if I had to, so if I turn up at 16:05 and the event doesn't finish until 16:30 why shouldn't I be allowed to enter?

Each tournament allows for up to 50 people and I've not seen more than 12 people on it yet, and in that game we finished with just four players (most quit after the 3rd hole, the rest after the 6th hole). People are just signing up for things and then not bothering to turn up - there should be some kind of deterrent IMO, or they should let you enter when it's obvious there's 30+ spaces that nobody is going to use.

Why should it be fair that I can't play in a tournament at a decent time because so many people have booked into it and then not bothered to show up? I think it's a very poor system to be honest, in Tiger Woods (as much as I hate the game) you just turn up and play. None of this "fully booked", "you're one minute too late" bollocks.

It's piss-easy against the CPU until you get to a higher rank, yeah. But that's just so that you can get new characters and courses to play online with a bit quicker. Online is where it's at, you can create a room and lock it to your rank only so that you have a fair game.

Love this game - i forgot how addictive it is

we should get a list going here of PSNs so we can arrange some evo-web games

If we want any "just Evo" matches, we'll have to arrange place and time on here first. Can't see any way other than that. The Lobbies I don't quite get. If you're looking for people or tournaments, is it only looking for them in the lobby your in, or is it looking at the entire online universe?

I will hopefully be on later tonight, so I'll have a mooch to see who's about.

Just tried my first tournament.

We had 50 to the end and i finished 17th on -5 -- the winner was on -9

After i unlocked 2 characters for the lobby men you make, i reached rank 6 and got something for that i think

Good fun, though i wish the in game timer would automatically end when everyone's finished

If we want any "just Evo" matches, we'll have to arrange place and time on here first.
I reckon we should agree on a lobby and room number now, e.g. lobby 8 room 5, so that we always know where to find eachother.

Of course there will be times where other people are there but it will be as rare as is humanly possible using the current lobby system.

Good idea. If anyone forgets the number it's impossible to miss, it's the only one with the giraffe in it.

At least I think it is, with those crazy devs you never know.

Come on Grim, me and Radiation are waiting for you to join the game!

Look at Game Rooms, not tournaments.

Well that was good, everyone left at the last minute... See Jaygrim, I am online sometimes. ;)

In the tournaments, what does GF, G3, G2 and G1 mean?

And how can you see which ones have prizes before entering? Every time I play a tournament it says at the bottom "no prize", I want to win a bloody prize. :(

They might as well have not included a manual, typical of games today. In my day you'd get a book like a bible, and a cardboard cutout that went over the top of your keyboard! THE YOUTH OF TODAY!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom