Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

I had to run - my 6 month old decided to wake up, fill her nappy and demand a change lol

- Guys - to join an online game after we've been in the lobby - press triangle, then select game room list - then wait for the list to refresh and then select the game - - you might have to be on the room creators friends list to connect though - depending on the hosts settings

Should be on soon guys - just reinstalling my PS3 hard drive after upgrading.... so far, so good... (please let all the DLC for Rockband be there!)

I'll be on in an hour or so.

G1, G2, G3 etc are skill levels. The more wins or podium places you get, the further up the levels you go (G3 being highest).

G1, G2, G3 etc are skill levels. The more wins or podium places you get, the further up the levels you go (G3 being highest).
It says G1, G2, G3 etc. on the tournaments though - so what does that mean? I can see all of them with the filter on so I'm presuming it's not "you can only enter if you're this level" - because I've only played a few games and I'm not at the highest level yet.

People rave when there's a G2 tournament on somewhere, so I'm presuming it means you get more experience if you enter it? Or something? I don't know.

In other news...

I can't believe I used to think I was good at this game... I'm really struggling to get the distances to the green right. If it's uphill I'm screwed.

Say the hole is 150yds away and it's 8yds uphill. I will then aim to hit the ball 158yds on the power scale - but it's always short. It will never hit the green. So I try hitting it a bit harder and then it whacks the green in the middle and flies off the back. I'm really struggling here.

I can't decide which shot mode to use. On advanced I can do great putts but all of my approaches are literally 20yds short, because of how fiddly it is to understand where 85% is (about 2 pixels off "100%", which is ridiculous IMO). But on traditional I'm still misjudging badly and I'm missing putts.

Last edited:
artist-van-ryder-jack-0017-deserted-country-a.jpg

I'm in a G3 comp at 23:45 - Very Slow apparently!

Haven't tried one of these yet so about time I threw my hat in the ring. I'll just take a good book with me.

Just tried a "Very Fast" - that was lame. Timed out after the 2nd hole. I think slow is more my game!

Last edited:
Was just doing a comp (well, 22:15) and there was like 2 mins between holes - ruined it for me... I hate 'wasted time' and the fact I would literally waste at least 40 mins just in waiting time peed me off and I exited after 3 holes...

Shame...

There was no one around when I looked in. Safari lobby on 1st floor right?

I saw KRadiation just as I was going into this.... sods law.

Came 3rd in my first tournament (18H). I'm not sure how pro G3 is, the winner finished -16 but there were a few players who were pretty gash. I finished -12.

No Brits about, they were all from US or Canada.

Last edited:
I kept popping in the safari room (and bothering the giraffe) last night - but nobody around...

Damn guys, theres enough of us!

Trouble is if you go into the safari room and there's no one there, it's just too tempting to go and look for other tournies.

We need to arrange a time to meet - but that's not going to be easy.

We need JB to start a thread in the Online section. And the other thing i dont know who half of you are anyway because your names are different.

I could host a regular game room on a set day and time each week? I think that's the way to go. That way we won't get sick of eachother's company ;) and it will still be regular enough to have fun.

What day/time is best for everyone? A weekday evening or a weekend evening? My vote would be for Monday nights sometime (Match Of The Day is on in the evening on Saturday and Sunday, and it would be something to look forward to when you get home from work).

If I get a few responses and the consensus is that it's a good idea, I'll set up a thread in the online gaming forum about it.

I could host a regular game room on a set day and time each week? I think that's the way to go. That way we won't get sick of eachother's company ;) and it will still be regular enough to have fun.

What day/time is best for everyone? A weekday evening or a weekend evening? My vote would be for Monday nights sometime (Match Of The Day is on in the evening on Saturday and Sunday, and it would be something to look forward to when you get home from work).

If I get a few responses and the consensus is that it's a good idea, I'll set up a thread in the online gaming forum about it.

any night is good for me

Managed to get three of us in a lobby, me, pboreham and Jaygrim - then Jaygrim's booted off with a network error on the first hole.

I cannot stand the PS3 and PSN sometimes, they are seriously flawed. People call the 360 bad because of the RRODs but at least when it works, it works. None of this crap. Such a disappointment.

Sony should look at sorting out PSN if they are gonna be serious next-gen players - even if they charge for it - i.e. £20 a year - still beats M$...

No doubt. People would moan but you get what you pay for, the way PSN is now it's useless. I can't play anyone from here on Rock Band, and it looks bad for Everybody's Golf as well.

Seriously, what's the point in having a friends list if you can't play your friends?

Back
Top Bottom