Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

been playing the demo a lot. Don't like the new shot system though- so glad you can use the traditional shots too! I can handle losing the 10 yards or whatever.

Not long to go....

I'm still undecided on the shot system... I've grown to like the new one, seems more realistic, and it makes me panic less. But something seems slightly dodgy.

I'm still undecided on the shot system... I've grown to like the new one, seems more realistic, and it makes me panic less. But something seems slightly dodgy.

I will maybe give it another go- tbh, I hit 2 wayward shots and thought, "this is shite". :LOL:

Just pre-ordered on ShopTo :)

As for the new shot system - its much better IMO than the normal 3 clicker. Least you can actually watch the action and get to appreciate the excellent graphics etc - and feel more immerssed, rather than keeping your eye on a thin bar...

Plus, once you get used to it, you'll find it second nature. Think I was spoilt a bit though as Minna 5 was my first ever experience of Hot Shots, so I had nothing to compare it to. I find the 3-click control on the PSP version pretty dull in comparison, so I'm looking forward to next week!

I've tried the alternative but I'm not much of a fan of it yet.

To be honest, it is a lot more like real golf so fair do's but I've been playing the 3 click swing since I was about 18 (a long, long time ago!) and it's very hard to get out of the habit.

I don't think the new system is too bad apart from the putting!! I keep misjudging them. For me the old system is better at the moment, its been in golf games for years. They had a similar system in Leaderboard on the C64! Anyone remember that?

I don't think the new system is too bad apart from the putting!! I keep misjudging them. For me the old system is better at the moment, its been in golf games for years. They had a similar system in Leaderboard on the C64! Anyone remember that?

Yea, Leaderboard was my first golf game. Used to think it was so good, but do you remember the courses? Was like hitting the ball across oceans of water!

Links 2004 for XBOX was probably the best 'serious' golf game I've ever played, though Everybody's Golf is probably to overall best :) Just so addictive - and they fact you can wizz through 9 holes in about 10 mins is superb.

Online is even better and I cannot wait to get back into it!

Yeah the first one had islands for holes, very strange. Then there was World Class Leaderboard that had trees and lakes! I remember having to sit there for 30 seconds a time waiting for each shot to load the graphics and draw the trees!

Yeah the first one had islands for holes, very strange. Then there was World Class Leaderboard that had trees and lakes! I remember having to sit there for 30 seconds a time waiting for each shot to load the graphics and draw the trees!

God yea! The graphics used to take an age to draw in - and didnt each hole load off the cassette?

Thats just reminded me (off topic!) about World Games by Epyx. It was like an Olympics from around the world - so you had Sumo from Japan, Log Rolling in Canada etc.

The game itself took about 45 mins to load, then each event must have taken 10 mins to load and 2 mins to play.

How on earth did we put up with that?! Kids dont know how good they've got it ...blah, blah!!!

where is the best place to order this from?

or should i just pop into my local tesco on the 28th and snap it up!?

Yep, I've ordered from ShopTo.net as well. £3 more expensive than Gameplay.co.uk BUT they send it AS SOON AS THEY GET IT - this can be a day earlier, it can be five days earlier, so I'll go with that. :)

where is the best place to order this from?

or should i just pop into my local tesco on the 28th and snap it up!?

I don't remember the PS2 version being available in many shops, even on release. Presumably the success of the PSP version means it won't happen this time but I'm taking no chances.

I've heard some people of got it today, but I reckon thats their US imports arriving.

Hopefully ShopTo will send out tomorrow...

Ah Christ, don't say that. :(

Nah, dont panic. They have said they are getting stock in Wednesday - which in my experience of about 10 orders, is the norm.

They get em in, allocate the pre-orders and send Weds - or if its a massive pre-order (liek with Pro-Evo 2008), Thurs too.

If you've ordered from ShopTo, I'm sure we'll have it Thursday!

YES, ShopTo have shipped my order.

Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah. See you online tomorrow boys!

:D

Just been texted to say mine has been shipped too. Fingers crossed....

How do we arrange to meet up? If you're about for game do you just post in here? What's the best way?

My PS3 name is DodieDen.

Best way is to send messages over the PS3, I'm sure the game has a built-in message system. The only time I'd post in here is if there's an Evo-Web Open event for us to play in by a set time. I can't wait to enter my first Evo-Web tournament...

I probably won't be online straight away though, I want to get some decent clubs unlocked first and all that malarky. ;)

Back
Top Bottom