eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

What is the current obsession with "lies" and "prove it", seriously? This is a place for discussion, not a court of law.

I think that horse has bolted, in and outside of Evo-Web's cosy confines.

Played a bit with the new patch. Because I've been playing TOG, PES 3, PES 6 and SWoS in the last week or so I've lost all reference points. But yeah it's definitely more difficult than TOG 2020, looks better than PES 6, has fewer fouls than PES 3 and is slower than SWoS.

I'm nothing if relevant.

No. This is not comparing. This is just me, sharing my pure joy of playing that game with you! :D

Still 1.0 (vanilla from disc) is my favorite version. Loose balls and randomness are better in 1.3 compared to 1.2 but both have nothing on 1.0, imo!

Good to know.

(I sent you a usb related question earlier. Would be awesome if you could let me know if you think my plans workable...cheers dude)

Tried a few games this morning. It kills me that there are such great little flourishes - love this first goal - but then immediately killed by a "turn-shoot-score" (where the AI clearly throws my CB backwards and away from the striker just to cheat me) and blatant fouls go unpunished. I just can't keep playing it.

All this happened within 20 in-game minutes of one crucial match...

We know about keeper collisions not doing anything. It’s sad. Seen it a few times. We gotta live with it or quiet. It ain’t gonna change this generation.
About that defender retreating: yeah, AI behavior can be really bad... I do switch players with RS (plus SC sometimes) and conquer that. ;)
anyway... I shouldn’t be forced to conquer THAT exact behavior, but I take it as a challenge. I ain’t got time to concentrate on bad things, while I’m enjoying a great part of the game. :)
Said that a couple of times... my disc is getting cracks. ;)

Edit: more and more (think Drury here) I feel the ML with its TS is f’ed up! I really enjoy cups and league mode. ML i do enjoy as well but it different, imo. AI behavior, attacking variation, “magnetic force field”, randomness of the ball...

So now I’m trying not to get lost in between versions and modes... keeping that fun up! :D

Last edited:
Good to know.

(I sent you a usb related question earlier. Would be awesome if you could let me know if you think my plans workable...cheers dude)
Please get back to me on that. I lost it while having fun... but I’d like to help.
maybe PM is better. If it’s helpful for the community feel free to ask here again.
Cheers bud!

It was mentioned a few weeks ago but a tactic to stop the "laser targeted pass into the CF who turns and shoots" is to set your defensive midfielder/s to mark the forward/s. It's not ideal but it does deter those types of passes.

Lies... or... opinions? :THINK:

This is an incredibly paranoid point of view to bring with you onto a small football gaming forum. We're not going to start banning people because they don't agree with you... How about just disagreeing with them and moving on?

What is the current obsession with "lies" and "prove it", seriously? This is a place for discussion, not a court of law.
It's so easy these days to capture gameplay footage or screenshots from either PC or console, that I think it's only fair that if someone is going to make very questionable claims about things they've apparently seen that nobody else is seeing, that they can be asked to prove it.

Asking someone to spend hours collating stats and editing compilation videos of entire seasons is obviously not on, but asking for a quick video to back up the seemingly non-existent game mechanics they've made up in their head seems like a reasonable request.

It was mentioned a few weeks ago but a tactic to stop the "laser targeted pass into the CF who turns and shoots" is to set your defensive midfielder/s to mark the forward/s. It's not ideal but it does deter those types of passes.
Yeah. I found that out lately... marking helps a lot with this. In the end it’s just another workaround. If the workaround forces me to use football related actions then I’m not that bad about it. Still it’s a workaround! ;)

PES is not gonna change in that generation of consoles, imo. I take it for what it is: the best PES on PS4. Imo!!
And while I’m cool and relaxed, waiting for the new consoles and what the software has to offer using them, I’m enjoying what it’s there. :D
I do say “enjoy” a lot today. I get that. :LOL:

Please get back to me on that. I lost it while having fun... but I’d like to help.
maybe PM is better. If it’s helpful for the community feel free to ask here again.
Cheers bud!

My fault, I didnt actually quote you, duh! I've sent you a private message...I think..

It's so easy these days to capture gameplay footage or screenshots from either PC or console, that I think it's only fair that if someone is going to make very questionable claims about things they've apparently seen that nobody else is seeing, that they can be asked to prove it.

Asking someone to spend hours collating stats and editing compilation videos of entire seasons is obviously not on, but asking for a quick video to back up the seemingly non-existent game mechanics they've made up in their head seems like a reasonable request.
I have the feeling “there will never be enough evidence”!
Some users show videos of that. Some others show the opposite. It’s not gonna take us anywhere riding that wave over and over again.
If, for example, I upload a video that shows a scene that is controversial but I just wanna prove MY point, there is other users demanding “more proof”... this is never gonna end, imo.
We had that “facts are facts” discussion. But even facts are about to discussed (and I’m not saying there a bad thing). I personally can let go and don’t get to involved to much...
thing is (and it’s said a thousand times before): we all come from different angles and have a different focus on different parts of the game. It starts with what’s important to us personally and ends with what should be a solid pillar of a football game.
Anyway... I’m talking to much. But that’s just because I want to see everyone happy. Be it playing the game or getting over it and not playing it. ;) you get me, right?!

Last edited:
I have the feeling “there will never be enough evidence”!
Some users show videos of that. Some others show the opposite. It’s not gonna take us anywhere riding that wave over and over again.
If, for example, I upload a video that shows a scene that is controversial but I just wanna prove MY point, there is other users demanding “more proof”... this is never gonna end, imo.
We had that “facts are facts” discussion. But even facts are about to argue. I personally can let go and don’t get to involved...
thing is (and it’s said a thousand times before): we all come from different angles and have a different focus on parts of the game. It starts with what’s important to us personally and ends with what should be a solid pillar of a football game.
Anyway... I’m talking to much. But that’s just because I want to see everyone happy. Be it playing the game or getting over it and not playing it. ;) you get me, right?!
I know what you mean, and that can apply to certain kinds of arguments (fouls, dribbling, shot fakes), but not all... When someone's saying they see laces shots with wicked swerve that you have literally never seen in hundreds of matches, it's hard not to call BS and ask for a video. That would only need literally one single video and it would show objectively that they do exist. Whether these happen or not is not a matter of opinion or how you play the game.

After listening to @MafiaMurderBag episode of Chris podcast, thinking about twitter, this years feedback, the demo, the patches, even discussion in here - I think Pes20 is as close to football simulation as it will ever be in our life spam.
Majority of fanbase prefers fast football and as little work as possible to achieve their goals and climb virtual ladders, Konami developers dont have balls to stand their ground and follow their vision, and blinded fanboys, together with haters are like white noise in the background, disturbing proper feedback flow.
Its probably even more frustrating knowing that they were so close with Vanilla and all they had to do there was to ramp the AI a tiny bit. But people panicked, they panicked and now we have what we have.
Question is - can you look pass the annoying bits and just enjoy the rest?
Coz its not gonna get perfect.
Not with such diverse community.
Even in here all I see is arguments is dribbling too hard or too easy, are shots shite or awesome and all that good stuff.

So - take it as it is, or leave it. Dont wait for golden patch, coz even it it fix one of your personal gripes - it will fuck something else up.
I just hope that Pes20 will not be another Pes14, where developers tried to make it into more of a simulation, but after all the feedback they decided that for the next couple of years its easier to dumb it all down and give people ping pong and black balls to play with.

:D hey, its pretty easy! just install from disc, version 1.0! stop the update! play as you want and maybe create a ML! save that in game.
then you go to the PS4 settings and choose "storage and saved date"! copy edit date, ML save, and system date to a plugged in usb stick! then you have all your v1.0 data secured on the usb-drive!
now you could move on to updating v1.0 to 1.2... play some ML or whatever you wanna do!
get another usb stick and save those date, like you did before with 1.0 and and you are good. you have both versions saves on separate usb sticks, ready to copy/insert whenever you wanna play one of the two versions.
another way is uploading the 1.2 data to your PS+ cloud space. in case you don't have 2 usb sticks available, you can use that online space to save v1.2 edit date, system data, ML data or replays...

any questions left? just hit me with a quote or pm!

im off playing some more PES!! because its so much fun these days! its crazy!! :D

Hi there,
When I go into my edit and saved data, there are no options to copy the data, just delete and sort by...am I doing something wrong?

I know what you mean, and that can apply to certain kinds of arguments (fouls, dribbling, shot fakes), but not all... When someone's saying they see laces shots with wicked swerve that you have literally never seen in hundreds of matches, it's hard not to call BS and ask for a video. That would only need literally one single video and it would show objectively that they do exist. Whether these happen or not is not a matter of opinion or how you play the game.
See, reading that topic here (for example), I look out for it in the game. And that is hampering my experience with the game.
I have my “comparison matches” but sometimes (most of it) I just wanna enjoy what I’m playing. And if I’m not, I let go and play something else (there is plenty of good games)!!
Get your point for sure.

Last edited:
Attacking costantly somebody with obsessive demands isn't ok but I feel there should be a distinction between this and politely asking for a proof of something when it is the case, tho.

If I said "what the heck are you delusional guys with your head in the sand saying! in my game there is plenty of cpu dribbling!", either I produce something solid for you to see or I don't know why would you want to take me seriously.

Nobody is obliged to do it, and certainly not for every small thing, but I feel like there isn't much discussion if I have a quite different experience on something big from the rest of the people and my only argument is "well just take my word for it ok?".

So how amazing is Messi after the update. His dribbling is insane. Was able to beat 2 or 3 AI players on SS with ease last night. Such a joy to control.

Yeah yeah such a joy that they managed to achive this by killing the last bit of agressiveness in tackling of the AI defenders. Just great. We are in minus number of fouls now.

Attacking costantly somebody with obsessive demands isn't ok but I feel there should be a distinction between this and politely asking for a proof of something when it is the case, tho.

If I said "what the heck are you delusional guys with your head in the sand saying! in my game there is plenty of cpu dribbling!", either I produce something solid for you to see or I don't know why would you want to take me seriously.

Nobody is obliged to do it, and certainly not for every small thing, but I feel like there isn't much discussion if I have a quite different experience on something big from the rest of the people and my only argument is "well just take my word for it ok?".

However, asking someone to go into training mode and video multiple attempts of an unlikely in-game scenario to prove something happens isn't reasonable. Especially without doing similar first to backup your own original point which is being disputed.
Besides that; once I had situations happen in the normal progress of my game, I did record a couple. One is actually the first goal I scored in the ML (I always save the first goal for nostalgia!).

First, ball struck while on an angled run. zero spin.
Similar angle on the run (not as wide though and further out). This one is struck with the in-step, but due to the ball movement onto the strike, the ball swerves the other way, slightly outside of the post and back in (my first ML goal :) ).
Not an amazing angle due to how badly they sliced it, but the AI even managed a similar volley to the one in question originally. It turned out how a lot of real world attempts like this do :D
Finally striking through the ball on a low drive giving is some slight outside swerve.

Plenty of variation from pressing the shoot button (no shot modifiers).

So, the third match In my cup was against Ukraine. Ended 0:0. ^^
We had plenty of chances but I couldn’t figure it out... they had a lot of chances but weren’t able to score either.
So it ended in a draw. I’m not to mad about it. It’s (football) life, and better than loosing. ;)

I’m looking forward to the knockout stage now. I’ll let you guys know...!

Edit: how I became to love these Sons of... footballers. ;) Unreal.
Iceland got a lot of bad mother f’in sons!! And i LOVE em all! :EASY: Every little “son”! :SMUG:

(Meant it in a good way, if that wasn’t clear!!)

Edit: that could be my next nickname. “Littleson”... Son of big. Uncle of smallson! Cousin to bigson! :LMAO:
Im stopping here. ;)

Last edited:
All of those barely even move laterally, maybe 1-2ft of movement between the foot and the goal line. Wouldn't really call those swerving shots or class that as "plenty of variety" and it's certainly not comparable to the variety in trajectory of shots on the PS2...

Yeah yeah such a joy that they managed to achive this by killing the last bit of agressiveness in tackling of the AI defenders. Just great. We are in minus number of fouls now.
Need to stop the hyperbole pal as im still getting plenty of fouls, Ath Madrid were monsters last night. They fouled me 8 times and had 3 yellow cards.

Really hope the October patch brings ba k the good stuff from the demo. Here's hoping for the October patch to fix all the nuances but then again it's Konami so who knows
shocked adam said someone didn't like the demo in the office.........
they are those destoryed the final game

All of those barely even move laterally, maybe 1-2ft of movement between the foot and the goal line. Wouldn't really call those swerving shots or class that as "plenty of variety" and it's certainly not comparable to the variety in trajectory of shots on the PS2...

1-2ft of movement is a LOT in a normal shot in a match. Besides. You argued the ball doesn't move AT ALL when you play.
Again. You shared one video. One. The swerve and goal is GOTY quality. If you want that kind of ball movement happening all the time you clearly aren't striving for realism. Also you didn't watch the AI volley. It was wild. The point is that every time you strike the ball now, the ball behaves slightly differently based on many tiny factors. I don't want the ball swerving more than 45 degrees in the air every time I strike through it. I want the ball to behave realistically and it does. Also note that you haven't shown this level of variety in any PS2 game. You shared one video that wasn't even yours, that does not show variety.

Another user was right. Clearly no amount of evidence is enough for you., you just don't want to believe other people can have experienced things you don't. Even when seen with your own eyes.

After listening to @MafiaMurderBag episode of Chris podcast, thinking about twitter, this years feedback, the demo, the patches, even discussion in here - I think Pes20 is as close to football simulation as it will ever be in our life spam.
Majority of fanbase prefers fast football and as little work as possible to achieve their goals and climb virtual ladders, Konami developers dont have balls to stand their ground and follow their vision, and blinded fanboys, together with haters are like white noise in the background, disturbing proper feedback flow.
Its probably even more frustrating knowing that they were so close with Vanilla and all they had to do there was to ramp the AI a tiny bit. But people panicked, they panicked and now we have what we have.
Question is - can you look pass the annoying bits and just enjoy the rest?
Coz its not gonna get perfect.
Not with such diverse community.
Even in here all I see is arguments is dribbling too hard or too easy, are shots shite or awesome and all that good stuff.

So - take it as it is, or leave it. Dont wait for golden patch, coz even it it fix one of your personal gripes - it will fuck something else up.
I just hope that Pes20 will not be another Pes14, where developers tried to make it into more of a simulation, but after all the feedback they decided that for the next couple of years its easier to dumb it all down and give people ping pong and black balls to play with.

PES 20 vanilla with more variety in the shooting and I’m never buying another football game again

Hey guys wonder if anyone can help me with a couple things breading pes 2020.

I just upgraded to PES 19 (I'm a bit behind the new releases) and the AI is night and day compared to when first tried it and wanna ask how does the physical side of 20 compare to 19 because I'm loving that aspect, its very heavy at times and fouls are called when they should and how direct are the CPU in 20, 18 had really good AI playing style 19 a bit end to end still so hoping 20 is somewhere in between.

Edit/ Change breading with regarding.

1-2ft of movement is a LOT in a normal shot in a match. Besides. You argued the ball doesn't move AT ALL when you play.
Again. You shared one video. One. The swerve and goal is GOTY quality. If you want that kind of ball movement happening all the time you clearly aren't striving for realism. Also you didn't watch the AI volley. It was wild. The point is that every time you strike the ball now, the ball behaves slightly differently based on many tiny factors. I don't want the ball swerving more than 45 degrees in the air every time I strike through it. I want the ball to behave realistically and it does. Also note that you haven't shown this level of variety in any PS2 game. You shared one video that wasn't even yours, that does not show variety.

Another user was right. Clearly no amount of evidence is enough for you., you just don't want to believe other people can have experienced things you don't. Even when seen with your own eyes.
Never said I want GOTY quality strikes all the time. The original point that you latched onto and butted in to call "hyperbolic nonsense" was that the PS2 games had much more variety in shot trajectories, with more dip and swerve.

That video I replied with showed an extreme example, but it illustrates the type of strikes and ball movement that could potentially happen. Yes it's a highlight reel strike - I probably only scored 4 or 5 as good as that the entire time I played the game, but you still want them to be possible.

The swerve shown in your videos is about the maximum you ever see in the game. Saying I see no movement at all was an exaggeration, but for me these ones you show are not proper swerving strikes, I've seen those myself.

I appreciate the effort you put in recording the videos, and if you're happy with it then good for you, but you were completely wrong when you called my original post "hyperbolic nonsense/severely rose-tinted nostalgia". I can't even get through a match of those games these days as the passing is so on-rails but I can still appreciate the better shooting/free kick mechanics.

Tried a few games this morning. It kills me that there are such great little flourishes - love this first goal - but then immediately killed by a "turn-shoot-score" (where the AI clearly throws my CB backwards and away from the striker just to cheat me) and blatant fouls go unpunished. I just can't keep playing it.

All this happened within 20 in-game minutes of one crucial match...

Stuff like that foul by the goalkeeper really grinds my gears, fouls in the box are pretty non existent.

I probably only scored 4 or 5 as good as that the entire time I played the game, but you still want them to be possible.

The swerve shown in your videos is about the maximum you ever see in the game. Saying I see no movement at all was an exaggeration, but for me these ones you show are not proper swerving strikes, I've seen those myself.

I appreciate the effort you put in recording the videos, and if you're happy with it then good for you, but you were completely wrong when you called my original post "hyperbolic nonsense/severely rose-tinted nostalgia". I can't even get through a match of those games these days as the passing is so on-rails but I can still appreciate the better shooting/free kick mechanics.

You saw 4-5 in the entire time playing the game and yet expect to see them only a few weeks after release...

...you've still also only shown ONE video from old PES. You claimed old PES had more variation. I said THAT is "hyperbolic nonsense/severely rose-tinted nostalgia" and it still is. You did NOT get variation like I've already show back on PS2. That was far more on rails than anything today. It was quite easy to make half-volleys/volleys below the knee contact that put tons of swerve on the ball. But the swerve was exactly the same every time and you knew how the shot would go before you kicked it. That's not variety, it's that they had limited width in the ball physics and so applied set rules based on very limited factors. This meant that once you learnt the set patterns, you could easily recreate extreme variation in shot. But it was not natural variety like we now have.

Back
Top Bottom