eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

You saw 4-5 in the entire time playing the game and yet expect to see them only a few weeks after release...
No. Scored 4 or 5 as good as that. You'd still see plenty of shots with that kind of movement, especially if you set up the relevant situations deliberately in training mode, but they'd not all be goals.

I can't see anything out of the ordinary in 2020 even if I deliberately try to produce it in training mode by teeing it up with a pass or flicking it up. Scripted dipping volleys and barely swerving shots... Searching on Youtube for long shot or volley goals shows nothing unexpected, most of them look the same.

Maybe I would record videos to show the variation in WE9LE if I didn't feel like I was talking to a brick wall. Enough people here liked my post to show they feel the same way. It's not worth my effort just for the one person being contrarian. I'm done engaging.

I'm quite sure I still see players heavily affected by low stamina. Will record something next session if that's the case.

By the way I've just played with Belgium and I assure you that Mertens at the beginning of the game and Mertens at the end of the extra time were quite different players in this terms.

Thats literally not true. Players struggle to run, pull up with injuries and run slowly if stamina is low on the latest patch.

Strange.
In the very first match in my ML, I really didn´t feel that.
I´ll check more and will be happy if I´m proven wrong.

Maybe I would record videos to show the variation in WE9LE if I didn't feel like I was talking to a brick wall. Enough people here liked my post to show they feel the same way. It's not worth my effort just for the one person being contrarian. I'm done engaging.

...and this is why you don't deserve the evidence you constantly demand...

Strange.
In the very first match in my ML, I really didn´t feel that.
I´ll check more and will be happy if I´m proven wrong.

@digimon and @Madmac79
You were right. I don´t know why I didn´t feel it in my first match after the update.
Did a couple more and didn´t sub players on purpose and it was there.
Great thing!

Gotta say, I really enjoy the current state.
Somehow...maybe placebo...I feel like the stadium cam works a bit better now.
Fouls are a miss and hit, but I had AI sent off with a straight red when they slide tackled me from behind.

Also scored that one:
SmartSelect_20191005-220452_Gallery.gif

@digimon and @Madmac79
You were right. I don´t know why I didn´t feel it in my first match after the update.
Did a couple more and didn´t sub players on purpose and it was there.
Great thing!

Gotta say, I really enjoy the current state.
Somehow...maybe placebo...I feel like the stadium cam works a bit better now.
Fouls are a miss and hit, but I had AI sent off with a straight red when they slide tackled me from behind.

Also scored that one:
SmartSelect_20191005-220452_Gallery.gif

Boom.

No. Scored 4 or 5 as good as that. You'd still see plenty of shots with that kind of movement, especially if you set up the relevant situations deliberately in training mode, but they'd not all be goals.

I can't see anything out of the ordinary in 2020 even if I deliberately try to produce it in training mode by teeing it up with a pass or flicking it up. Scripted dipping volleys and barely swerving shots... Searching on Youtube for long shot or volley goals shows nothing unexpected, most of them look the same.

My suspicions have been raised about shooting in this pes. You DO get wildly dipping and swerving shots, you absolutely one hundred percent do. But...
Only for shots that miss the goal.
Invariably the ones that go in do so on a fairly flat, even quite dull trajectory.
So it's a bit of a con at times.

And I'm someone who loves this game (when the fucker isnt glitching on me because I dared to change a kit using konami's in-game editor...)

Does anyone else feel like Super Star is way harder after this latest update? First time I've had a proper go at the AI in master league after the update and it's been horrendous. They've obviously made the ball looser which is good in one sense but it needs tuning as it's like pinball at times with the ball bouncing all over the shop. I also don't know if it's the update or team spirit bs but it feels like my players are running through treacle.

The AI team performed better than they did before but it was a bit too good bordering on the ridiculous. I think they gave the ball away once in the entire game from a misplaced pass and they were ping pong passing at times. I hate to use that dreaded word "scripting" but when you tackle the opponent 3 times and every time it bounces back to them so they can score, it just kind of feels like the games decided they're going to score now and nothing you do will be stopping it.

Also why is it impossible to take a short free kick? As soon as you select a person to pass to with the trigger the AI goes and marks them, how do they even know that's my intention? The player taking the free kick hasn't even done anything on the screen yet they telepathically know that's your intention and go and mark him!

It has been discussed before, briefly, but this annoys me more than probably anything else in the game:

Can anyone defend that? It's a nonsense. I've seen ones even shorter than that, about 10 virtual yards.

Also, after fannying about with different camera settings I think I'm settling on Blimp. I can see loads of the pitch and don't need a protractor to cross the ball like that daft Stadium angle. Don't @ me.

Yeah ive noticed the AI do small kicks like that now and then... its not as bad with the side kicking style, but the traditional up and under looks stupid as the ball floats in the air that the receiving player is immediately under pressure.

Actually you are halfway right. Just read it in the editing section that the faces got released but the dlc got pulled off as well. Some people saved the files for PC already.
Do you still have the dlc 2.0? can you send it to me? Because I just saw that it disappeared from my game files. Please.

One thing that i find annoying is when your team mate points to where to pass the ball and runs towards that area but by the time i make space to pass he stops running and the ball goes to the opposition.

It's in a different menu called "application saved data management"

Brilliant, thank you. Hugely appreciated

And for those who have been following glitch gate (,ie nobody), I reverted all my edited kits on v1.00 to default and hey presto, game is back to playing silky smooth and loose again. Took it to my brothers today just to ensure I wasnt going mad. After two mins of glitching, he asked what the hell they'd done to the game since the demo! We switched to my New Zealand profile and played the game factory fresh and had just about the three best games weve ever had in 25 off years of football gaming...

A relief overall as I havent had to redo klashman tactics. But seriously, how can in game editing cause the game to glitch, players to stutter, the ball physics to become so compromised??

I'm wondering if I edit just a couple kits at a time it might help...but as Fergie once said:
"Konami. Bloody hell"

Last edited:
Let me guess. Derby or cup game? Majority are pointless slide tackless? We play the same game, I know everything. :D
Just a Versus match i was Juve. Actually 3 of them was for an elbow to the face and niggly fouls. I think they might of toned down the slide tackles :( cant remember if any were slides tbh.
Also, after fannying about with different camera settings I think I'm settling on Blimp. I can see loads of the pitch and don't need a protractor to cross the ball like that daft Stadium angle.
This made me chuckle.

You should try n get used to it. A few hours and you will struggle to go back to side on cams.

Don't know how anyone can find the new update harder. Dribbling is soo easy now that I'm tearing through teams on superstar with ease in master league. Something I was scared about from the demo. Dribbling is far too easy.

You prefer 1.00 or 1.02?
Im kinda confused by now as the version differ on PS and PC :D

1.0 = demo (on both)
1.1 PC = 1.2 PS
1.2 PC = 1.3 PS

A good mix would be the best between the demo and the first update (demo had better ai dribbling, more fouls, more ball freedom while the final game had more ai attacking variety and less bugs). But the Thursday update only done damage to the game.

Don't know how anyone can find the new update harder. Dribbling is soo easy now that I'm tearing through teams on superstar with ease in master league. Something I was scared about from the demo. Dribbling is far too easy.
Yes yes, we heard it few times already. You are amazing.

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel like Super Star is way harder after this latest update? First time I've had a proper go at the AI in master league after the update and it's been horrendous.

The AI team performed better than they did before but it was a bit too good bordering on the ridiculous.
Yes its harder.I commented this at page 170 after some cup games after the update.They play better more agressive when attacking & when defending they are better at closing spaces on the pitch at your area & in the middle of the pitch ,making it more difficult for user to attack.You have to circulate the ball more now ,change sides,in order to reach their area.

Dribbling is better & quicker with update now,yes...but personaly, i play on SS & yes maybe i can dribble one defender with more success but tearing through teams? No way for me.Sooner or later cpu just hits me untill i get knocked down & ref gives no (obvious) foul almost every time.So i just have to pass more to open defences

Yes its harder.I commented this at page 170 after some cup games after the update.They play better more agressive when attacking & when defending they are better at closing spaces on the pitch at your area & in the middle of the pitch ,making it more difficult for user to attack.You have to circulate the ball more now ,change sides,in order to reach their area.
Indeed it feels that way. Before, my skill level was somewhere between Professional and Top Player. Now, Professional is just right - I played some games in "versus" and they are very even. And this is with J-League teams, who are all the same power mostly. So professional certainly became a little more challenging.

could you post a clip mate, I could dribble past 2 or 3 with the right player pre patch but 1 is my max now, trying to see what I'm not doing

I can't seem to find a camera setting I'm happy with. I don't like the fact the camera cuts off part of the pitch or doesn't keep up at times.

Does anyone else get this? Currently jumping between Pitchside Cam & Stadium Cam.

Last edited:
I jusr diacovered something .. with 1.03 cpu plays a lot better through balls if your defensive line is so high... whatever tactic u use make your defensve live to 3-4 level and the game gets easier on ss or legend ... try that

I can't seem to find a camera setting I'm happy with. I don't like the fact the camera cuts off part of the pitch or doesn't keep up at times.

Does anyone else get this? Currently jumping between Pitchside Cam & Stadium Cam.
I have used pitchside cam as a base and I customized it to 0-3-0. It is pretty similar to the broadcast camera from the ps2 era.
What I noticed is, it is programmed to follow the attacking paths and actions.
IE if I pass the ball from my CB to my CMF it is tracking great forward. But if I do an unorthodox or unpredicted move like from the above example, if I one-touch pass from the CMF to CB or GK, the camera while moving forward, it will tilt and then go back forced, loosing some action and forcing me to rely more on the radar.

Back
Top Bottom