eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Does anyone have some advice regarding manual shooting this year? I seem to get them straight at the keeper all the time. Previous years I haven't had that problem. Either something is a bit broken or perhaps the made it more sensitive.

Anyway, the new patch is quite good but players feel a bit lightweighted now.

Oh, and I FINALLY managed to score a bullet header! (with Ziyech of all people...)

Thats crazy, coz around this patch, by pure coincident, I started properly experimenting with L2 manual modifier, since a lot of my long shots were off target or straight at the keeper on stadium cam.
So I didnt even notice any change in long range shots. Closer range, inside the box I can aim more precisely and didnt notice any issues without L2.

So do you normally use Basic Shooting along with L2 sometimes?
I don’t really know what L2 is or does as i just use manual all the time. It was just a little frustrating as when running in on goal i could not steer the ball into the corner, it was like straight down the goalkeeper’s throat. I also used R2 which i think is Finesse Shot but i still had the same result. And making space for Henriksen only for his 25 yard efforts to go bang centre for the goalie to play “patter cake patter cake”.

I’m thinking of using Advanced which i last used in 2017 but i found all my shots were on target regardless of what position my player was in.

I'm guessing it's too much to do in a patch and not a top priority but penalties need overhauling next year, they're far too difficult to score. If the keeper goes the right way then he saves it 99% of the time as they cover too much of the net, it doesn't matter if you smash it in the top corner, he just flies across like Superman and saves it. Right in the corners should be almost impossible to save unless they take an early step before diving but should come with much greater risk of missing/hitting the post if you're not using a top rated taker.

I also desperately need to find out a tutorial video for the skill moves as I'm so bad at them :LOL:

I agree, the penalty shoot out i had, out of the 12 penalties all were on target but only 3 were goals. Most were to the left or right but the goalie made it look easy.

Does anyone have some advice regarding manual shooting this year? I seem to get them straight at the keeper all the time. Previous years I haven't had that problem. Either something is a bit broken or perhaps the made it more sensitive.

Anyway, the new patch is quite good but players feel a bit lightweighted now.

Oh, and I FINALLY managed to score a bullet header! (with Ziyech of all people...)

Yep me too is struggling. I cannot put it past them. Only on rebounds. I also scored a great diving header from a corner.

As a full manual player i use L2 for long shots they are more powerful... for close shooting i use L2 and pass button (X) i use full power pass button with L2 it is great try that...
only thing that i dont like is R2 is completely useless for manual shooting ... it has no curve whatever u do .. i just think going to basic shooting just for R2 .. i normally use L2 so just for finese i ll use basic...

After a lot of games last night with different control modes and difficulties this is my conclusions and these are just mine not advice

Patch 1.3
AI difficulty has been increased, I can forget beating SS using full manual

Fouls are pretty much dead on professional level and below average 1 or 2 per game

Fouls on full manual any level are reduced - SS and top player seem to just tackle cleaner now as the balls looser when dribbling

However on pa1 the control feels tighter and fouls are back on TP level last match 7 on top player

Dribbling on Profffesional is just too easy, AI doesn't engage enough hence no fouls also

Some GK seem more rooted on line but not all
Individuality is really good Ronaldo for Portugal was unforgiving and just ruled the game bagging all 3 goals against me
After all that I've gone to PA1 ad shooting TP level

Stats at full time showing fouls , extra time and last TP game highlights below

Whoever says there's catch up between defenders and quick FWs in this game they're straight up lying. There are definitely people that post lies in every Fifa/Pes forum and imo the mods should deal with them
Lies... or... opinions? :THINK:

This is an incredibly paranoid point of view to bring with you onto a small football gaming forum. We're not going to start banning people because they don't agree with you... How about just disagreeing with them and moving on?

What is the current obsession with "lies" and "prove it", seriously? This is a place for discussion, not a court of law.

Whoever says there's catch up between defenders and quick FWs in this game they're straight up lying. There are definitely people that post lies in every Fifa/Pes forum and imo the mods should deal with them because they're not contributing to the community. I'm about to finish my first season in ML with Leicester. I already had more 1-on-1 with Vardy than I had in 3 months with a same FW in WE9LE. I have saved replays of these kind of goals and at least 4 replays with blatant penalties GK vs FW which KONAMI should fix .As I posted earlier today the GK collisions are not coded and it's ridiculous how this one can pass QA.

Yes its a lie if on Legend i cant break away with Sanchez with 2meters advantage from Fazio because the gap just wont increas between the players and at the samllest direction change with the ball he catches up and drags Sanchez back with his hands without a foul.

Sanchez speed 80
Sanchez acc 87

Yes its a lie that theres scripting on Superstar. The famous you score a goal finally but straight away the cpu responds.

Yes its a lie that on Legend even the Goalkeepers become Adriano and blast your goal from any angle from any bodyposition.

Yes its a lie that on Legend even Chainat Hornbill presses like Liverpool.

Lies... or... opinions? :THINK:

This is an incredibly paranoid point of view to bring with you onto a small football gaming forum. We're not going to start banning people because they don't agree with you... How about just disagreeing with them and moving on?

What is the current obsession with "lies" and "prove it", seriously? This is a place for discussion, not a court of law.

I believe i started that nonsense. You are welcome evo-web. :LMAO:

The whole "catch up" thing is pretty simple.

Double tap sprint to knock the ball ahead and you're not getting caught with a fast player.
Just hold sprint in without the knock on and/or change direction of your run then you're getting caught as they get too close behind you and they foul you (but get away with it).

It makes sense that the player isn't going full speed with the ball at their feet or changing direction, whether it should slow you down as much as it does is debatable but there's definitely no "catch up" in the sense that a defender magically speeds up to catch you up in a pure sprint where you don't have the ball at your feet.

Only time I've ever been caught up with the knock on run is when my players been on zero stamina.

The whole "catch up" thing is pretty simple.

Double tap sprint to knock the ball ahead and you're not getting caught with a fast player.
Just hold sprint in without the knock on and/or change direction of your run then you're getting caught as they get too close behind you and they foul you (but get away with it).

It makes sense that the player isn't going full speed with the ball at their feet or changing direction, whether it should slow you down as much as it does is debatable but there's definitely no "catch up" in the sense that a defender magically speeds up to catch you up in a pure sprint where you don't have the ball at your feet.

Only time I've ever been caught up with the knock on run is when my players been on zero stamina.

I had to edit the gameplay on PC to get rid of that. There is very little difference actually between quick and slow players in the vanilla game. Messi, Salah has barely good use since they are weak in the same time.

I am happy for the Serie B addition, i really am, but honestly it's so frustrating having to wait for a better game after launch, both because of gameplay fixes and dlcs.

Couldn't they fix the game before it releases or in time with release, and above all, could they add all content in time? That would be great, Konami.

I'm struggling resisting the urge to start a Master League.

I had to edit the gameplay on PC to get rid of that. There is very little difference actually between quick and slow players in the vanilla game. Messi, Salah has barely good use since they are weak in the same time.

I played last year with one of your DT-Files and i'm looking forward for something new for PES2020. You have plans to share it with us mate? Would be great!

As a full manual player i use L2 for long shots they are more powerful... for close shooting i use L2 and pass button (X) i use full power pass button with L2 it is great try that...
only thing that i dont like is R2 is completely useless for manual shooting ... it has no curve whatever u do .. i just think going to basic shooting just for R2 .. i normally use L2 so just for finese i ll use basic...

Thanks for the tip i will try it out. :)

After a lot of games last night with different control modes and difficulties this is my conclusions and these are just mine not advice

Patch 1.3
AI difficulty has been increased, I can forget beating SS using full manual

Fouls are pretty much dead on professional level and below average 1 or 2 per game

Fouls on full manual any level are reduced - SS and top player seem to just tackle cleaner now as the balls looser when dribbling

However on pa1 the control feels tighter and fouls are back on TP level last match 7 on top player

Dribbling on Profffesional is just too easy, AI doesn't engage enough hence no fouls also

Some GK seem more rooted on line but not all
Individuality is really good Ronaldo for Portugal was unforgiving and just ruled the game bagging all 3 goals against me
After all that I've gone to PA1 ad shooting TP level

Stats at full time showing fouls , extra time and last TP game highlights below
Yes brother ai difficulty is really increased .. ss is like legend of 1.02 ... i could easily win matches on ss before 1.03 but now it is a lot more challenging... fouls make me crazy btw.. i love to dribble a lot to gain possession and build up but 1.03 is worse that 1.02 in getting fouls on ss and legend.. ai is timely perfect on every tackle.. also they are not reacting to any body feints ans scissor feints

Yes brother ai difficulty is really increased .. ss is like legend of 1.02 ... i could easily win matches on ss before 1.03 but now it is a lot more challenging... fouls make me crazy btw.. i love to dribble a lot to gain possession and build up but 1.03 is worse that 1.02 in getting fouls on ss and legend.. ai is timely perfect on every tackle.. also they are not reacting to any body feints ans scissor feints
exactly, I was fuma on superstar but no chance now, I think pa1 has been decreased also in terms of assistance so pa1 TP is a happy medium and has enough fouls

What are you on about?

On 1.3 dribbling is far more responsive and because of that it's alot easier. To the point superstar is too easy as I can side step 4/5 players using OK dribblers.

Could I ask your help one more time please?

My vanilla 1.00 edited with strips, tactics and stadiums etc has been on and off glitchy, stuttering, feeling heavy with too much gravity etc and the camera glitching all over the place...

When I play vanilla on my New Zealand profile (used for demo purposes), the game plays silky smooth as I've never edited on that profile. So it's clearly the editing that has causee this problem.

So...to try and solve this problem which has left me close to giving up on pes (I cannot stomach playing a completely unedited vanilla 1.00 pes, that's a step too far for me) I wondered:

Can I transfer my Edited save data and edit file from my regular primary profile to my New Zealand profile via a usb?
So save my fully edited regular profile save and edit data on to a usb...and then...load up pes in my New Zealand profile and then try and load up that edited and save data from the USB and use it in my New Zealand profile?

The reason i want to do that is I wondered whether my fully edited pes somehow got bugged or glitched while i was editing.

The alternative is to Start afresh with all editting on my New Zealand profile which just feels like a mammoth task I dont have the time or will for.
So this is my attempt at a work around.

Any help you can offer would be gratefully received..

Hey folks. I just started or European cup and I’m playing Iceland, for fun. 15 minutes, professional difficulty, all 1.3 version, 0 game speed, no fixes.
I am in the group with Bosnia, which were my starting opponent. Dzeko was always a threat and his team mates were looking out for him a lot. He was constantly on my mind...
I then was able to get in front with a nice goal by Finnbogason.
The opponent changes the attacking style a lot, high lofted balls to Dzeko, over the wings, short pass game though middle... It was all there.
Going all defensive for the final 20 minutes and substituting three guys I was able to head into overtime. And the. The my final attack, buying time everywhere, I played to the wing, a nice lob into the run of Finn and he smacked one in to the low left corner. What a relief!! :D
First match was awesome. Let’s see how far we can make it.
Man, if wasn’t that lazy writing... stories I have to tell... STORIES!!! :D

Have a nice weekend y’all!!

Btw: I checked in between matches what the early EPL game is about and I see BHA in lead by 1 (by 2 now!)! What up TOT?! ;)

Edit: deep defensive line is such a bad thing! Buuuh you ddl!! Without you everything is better. :)

When you go to your settings during the match, the ones that will let you change PA settings, there is one particular setting that will show sort of 'laser beam' when switching players (which you do by tilting Right Stick)
Dont know exactly which setting this is, but if you read description - it will tell you.

If you are planning to learn manual - I advice starting from Pass Assistance on 0. Once you learn to pass and feel comfortable - you can try changing shooting or through balls. Dont overload yourself as it will just become frustrating if you want to learn all at once. And drop difficulty to professional, or even regular at the start.

Thanks mate! Unfortunately I still can't find this "lasr bearm" kind of like option. Could you please assist?

The only face in the DLC is Kubot.
I just figured it out, I've been wrong all this time. Whenever a data pack is released I look up videos on Yt showing what's been added. I watched this video here assuming all of this had been added in this patch but it seems as though this is the content that is to be added in the data pack coming later this month.

So that list of faces is indeed correct but for the upcoming data pack. My apologies.

My second match with Iceland was against Greece. Same tactics, a few changes in the starting information and a lot of passion we brought to the pitch.
Min 35 and i was able to string together some lovely passes wich got me into their pen area. Finnbogason substitute Kjartansson scores the first one with a nice and calm shot to the lower right side. I love those!! Hammering the ball into the top corner I got sick of. ;) and as the game gives me (some) variety I’m not shy using it.
Greece was trying hard, using Mitroglou, to score on me. A lot of opportunities and effort... but I kept a clean sheet!
Took me some time to score the second goal. Min 81 is on and, a fully drained Sigurdsson scores it oh so lovely as well!!
With his last power he shoves it in. Thank you Gylfi!!! :PIRATE:
A lot of variety from the opponent as well. I’m in love with Iceland during this cup. :D
Next up is Ukraine! But I don’t fear nobody by now! Bring em on!!! :APPLAUD:
Btw: star of the second match was Halldorsson!! He saves so many shots it was crazy. Good guy!!

It is just flowing so lovely today. Like for BHA! ;)

One thing I want to comment on again is habits: I’m trying to let go of them... it’s hard. But every time I do I find something new and wonderful in this game. Not only today but for a long time, this gives me the hope there is more and its partly on me when things turn out in a bad way.
Saying that: I hope you all can enjoy this game. :BYE:

Edit: that these cups get played in stadiums around Europe (and some signature stadiums that don’t make sense) is a little immersion bummer, imo!! Anyway... pitch is always green and the ball is always round... ;)

Last edited:
I just figured it out, I've been wrong all this time. Whenever a data pack is released I look up videos on Yt showing what's been added. I watched this video here assuming all of this had been added in this patch but it seems as though this is the content that is to be added in the data pack coming later this month.

So that list of faces is indeed correct but for the upcoming data pack. My apologies.

Actually you are halfway right. Just read it in the editing section that the faces got released but the dlc got pulled off as well. Some people saved the files for PC already.

My second match with Iceland was against Greece. Same tactics, a few changes in the starting information and a lot of passion we brought to the pitch.
Min 35 and i was able to string together some lovely passes wich got me into their pen area. Finnbogason substitute Kjartansson scores the first one with a nice and calm shot to the lower right side. I love those!! Hammering the ball into the top corner I got sick of. ;) and as the game gives me (some) variety I’m not shy using it.
Took me some time to score the second goal. Min 81 is on and, a fully drained Sigurdsson scores it oh so lovely as well!!
A lot of variety from the opponent as well. I’m in love with Iceland during this cup. :D
Next up is Ukraine! But I don’t fear nobody by now! Bring em on!!! :APPLAUD:

It is just flowing so lovely today. Like for BHA! ;)

One thing I want to comment on again is habits: I’m trying to let go of them... it’s hard. But every time I do I find something new and wonderful in this game. Not only today but for a long time, this gives me the hope there is more and its partly on me when things turn out in a bad way.
Saying that: I hope you all can enjoy this game. :BYE:

Edit: that these cups get played in stadiums around Europe (and some signature stadiums that don’t make sense) is a little immersion bummer, imo!! Anyway... pitch is always green and the ball is always round... ;)

His is this comparing to v1.00 for you? Has it recovered its looseness and freedom?

His is this comparing to v1.00 for you? Has it recovered its looseness and freedom?
No. This is not comparing. This is just me, sharing my pure joy of playing that game with you! :D

Still 1.0 (vanilla from disc) is my favorite version. Loose balls and randomness are better in 1.3 compared to 1.2 but both have nothing on 1.0, imo!

Last edited:
AI is definitely tougher on the latest patch. Dropped down my ML from legendary to SS as even Alaves and Eibar were all over me.

Tried a few games this morning. It kills me that there are such great little flourishes - love this first goal - but then immediately killed by a "turn-shoot-score" (where the AI clearly throws my CB backwards and away from the striker just to cheat me) and blatant fouls go unpunished. I just can't keep playing it.

All this happened within 20 in-game minutes of one crucial match...

Back
Top Bottom